Good news for those who are eagerly waiting for Windows version of Redsn0w 0.9.7 as Chronic-Dev Team has released Windows version of GreenPois0n RC5 for an untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak. Just like the Mac version of GP tool, you don't need iOS 4.2b3 SHSH blobs to jailbreak your device.
iDevices Supported by GreenPois0n RC5:
- iPod Touch 2G (MC & MB)
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPad 1G
- iPhone 3Gs (Old & New Bootrom)
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 Verizon (Not Tested)
- AppleTV 2
NOTE: If you rely on an unlocked iPhone, do not use this jailbreak for now as this will upgrade the baseband of your iPhone, making it impossible to unlock via current version of Ultrasn0w tool. If you don't rely on an unlocked iPhone or if you have previously used a Redsn0w 0.9.7 for a tethered jailbreak, then it is recommended to restore stock iOS 4.2.1 IPSW using iTunes on your iDevice before you may proceed to the jailbreak-steps below.
UPDATE: According to MuscleNerd, who happens to be a member of iPhone Dev-Team, you can use GreenPois0n without restoring stock iOS 4.2.1 IPSW if you already have jailbroken your iDevice using Redsn0w 0.9.7. (via MuscleNerd)
How to Jailbreak (Untethered) iOS 4.2.1 Using GreenPois0n RC5?
*Find download links at the bottom of the post
- *Download GreenPois0n RC5 tool for Windows.
- *Download stock iOS 4.2.1 IPSW for your iDevice.
- *Download and install iTunes 10.1.2 for Windows.
- Connect your iDevice to your Mac via USB cable.
- Launch iTunes and backup all of your device data including Apps, Photos, Music, Contacts, Messages etc
- Restore stock iOS 4.2.1 IPSW you downloaded in step 2 using iTunes (Only if you don't rely on an unlocked iPhone).
- Launch GreenPois0n.exe and click on the 'Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU)' button.
- Now use the following instructions to put your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad in DFU mode:
- Press and hold sleep button for 3 seconds.
- While holding the sleep button, press and hold the home button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the sleep button but keep holding the home button for 15 seconds.
Update#1: PwnageTool bundles for untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS released. Click here for the jailbreak tutorial.
Update#2: Chronic-Dev Team has released GreenPois0n RC5 B4 to jailbreak iOS 4.2.6 on Verizon iPhone 4.
Update#3: Unlock for iPhone 4 02.10.04, 03.10.01 & 04.10.01 Baseband is Almost Ready!
Update#4: Download official PwnageTool 4.2 for untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak on Mac
Update#5: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak on Windows