iH8sn0w has just released Sn0wbreeze 2.2 to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone 4/3GS/3G, iPod Touch 4G/3G and iPad (Wifi+3G). Just like PwnageTool 4.2 on Mac, you can use Sn0wbreeze 2.2 to create custom IPSW of iOS 4.2.1 on Windows. Restoring this custom IPSW will jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on your iPhone while preserving its baseband so that you may lock it with Ultrasn0w tool.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 Untethered with Sn0wbreeze 2.2:
*Find the download links at the end of this post
- *Download iTunes 10.1.2 for Windows
- *Download iOS 4.2.1 firmware for your iPhone
- *Download Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Windows
- Launch Sn0wbreeze 2.2 and click 'OK' to close the disclaimer message.
- Click 'Close Credits' button to close the credits.
- Click on the 'Next' (Blue button) to proceed to next step
- Click on the 'Browse' button to choose iOS 4.2.1 stock IPSW file that you downloaded in step 2.
- Please wait while Sn0wbreeze identify your iDevice name and model by examining the firmware file.
- Once identified, Sn0wbreeze will ask for confirmation. Click on 'Next' button to continue to next step.
- Now you'll see the following three modes:
- Baseband Preservation Mode: This mode only preserves the iPhone's baseband. It does not jailbreak or unlock the actual device. All other modes still do preserve the baseband.
- Simple Mode: Recommended for people that don't know what to add. This mode will add Cydia, afc2, SSH for Apple TV and other recommended stuff automatically.
- Expert Mode: Expert mode let you have all customizing options at your disposal. Such as custom boot logos, root partition size, installer options and unlocke.
NOTE: iPad and iPod Touch users can choose simple mode here.
- Turn off your iPhone completely
- Press and hold the 'Home'+'Power' button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the 'Power' button but keep holding the 'Home' button until Sn0wbreeze detects your iPhone in DFU mode.
Steps to Restore iOS 4.2.1 Custom IPSW Through iTunes:
- Open iTunes 10.1.2
- Click on your device name from the side-panel to view the summary page.
- You will see two buttons on the summary-panel i-e 'Check for Update' and 'Restore'. Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the 'Restore' button.
- Browse to your desktop and select iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW.
- Now sit back and relax while iTunes restores iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW on your iPhone. After restore process is complete, your iPhone will restart automatically.
In case you have no internet access or you failed to download Ultrasn0w in step 14, you can still unlock your iPhone with Ultrasn0w 1.2.