Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How-To Guide]

iH8sn0w has just released Sn0wbreeze 2.2 to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone 4/3GS/3G, iPod Touch 4G/3G and iPad (Wifi+3G). Just like PwnageTool 4.2 on Mac, you can use Sn0wbreeze 2.2 to create custom IPSW of iOS 4.2.1 on Windows. Restoring this custom IPSW will jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on your iPhone while preserving its baseband so that you may lock it with Ultrasn0w tool.

Sn0wbreeze 2.2 Final Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

Steps to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 Untethered with Sn0wbreeze 2.2:

*Find the download links at the end of this post

1. *Download iTunes 10.1.2 for Windows
  2. *Download iOS 4.2.1 firmware for your iPhone
  3. *Download Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Windows
  4. Launch Sn0wbreeze 2.2 and click 'OK' to close the disclaimer message.
  5. Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 1 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

6. Click 'Close Credits' button to close the credits.
  7. Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 2 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

8. Click on the 'Next' (Blue button) to proceed to next step
  9. Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 3 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

10. Click on the 'Browse' button to choose iOS 4.2.1 stock IPSW file that you downloaded in step 2.
  11. Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 4 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]
    Choose iOS 4.2.1 IPSW Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

12. Please wait while Sn0wbreeze identify your iDevice name and model by examining the firmware file.
  13. Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 5 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

14. Once identified, Sn0wbreeze will ask for confirmation. Click on 'Next' button to continue to next step.
  15. Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 6 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

16. Now you'll see the following three modes:
  17. Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 7 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

• Baseband Preservation Mode: This mode only preserves the iPhone's baseband. It does not jailbreak or unlock the actual device. All other modes still do preserve the baseband.
    • Simple Mode: Recommended for people that don't know what to add. This mode will add Cydia, afc2, SSH for Apple TV and other recommended stuff automatically.
    • Expert Mode: Expert mode let you have all customizing options at your disposal. Such as custom boot logos, root partition size, installer options and unlocke.
  18. Choose the 'Expert Mode' and click on the 'Next' button.
  19. NOTE: iPad and iPod Touch users can choose simple mode here.
    Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 8 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

20. Click on 'General' and click 'Next' button.
  21. Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 9 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

22. Now select any options that you want to be applied to your custom IPSW. Choose 'Install SSH' in this step. All other options are already enabled by Apple natively. If you do not have an official carrier SIM, do not forget to choose 'Activate the iPhone [Hacktivate]' option. All other check-boxes are optional. Click 'Nexy' button to continue.
  23. Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 10 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

24. In the 'Download Packages' tab, choose 'Ultrasn0w' repo from the drop-down list and hit the 'Refresh' button. Select Utrasn0w from the displayed list and click on the 'Download' button.
  25. Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 11 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

26. Now switch to 'Select Packages' tab and make sure 'Ultrasn0w' is checked.
  27. Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 12 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

28. Click on the 'Next' button and choose 'Build IPSW'.
  29. Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 13 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

30. Now wait while Sn0wbreeze creates iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW for your iDevice. Mean while you can play PacMan game for fun. You will be needing Adobe Flash player installed in your Internet Explorer to play this game.
  31. Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 14 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

32. Once custom IPSW has been created, click 'OK' and follow the instructions below to put your iPhone in DFU mode. At this point you can find iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW file on your desktop.
  33. Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 15 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

• Turn off your iPhone completely
    • Press and hold the 'Home'+'Power' button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
    • After 10 seconds, release the 'Power' button but keep holding the 'Home' button until Sn0wbreeze detects your iPhone in DFU mode.

Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 Step 16 Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

34. As soon as Sn0wbreeze will detect your iPhone in DFU mode, it will put it in Pwned DFU mode so that you may not get any 16xx or 1015 iTunes error during restore.
  35. iREB Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

Steps to Restore iOS 4.2.1 Custom IPSW Through iTunes:

1. Open iTunes 10.1.2
  2. Click on your device name from the side-panel to view the summary page.
  3. iPhone Name in iTunes Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

4. You will see two buttons on the summary-panel i-e 'Check for Update' and 'Restore'. Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the 'Restore' button.
  5. iTunes Restore Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

6. Browse to your desktop and select iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW.
  7. Select iOS 4.2.1 Custom IPSW Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [How To Guide]

8. Now sit back and relax while iTunes restores iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW on your iPhone. After restore process is complete, your iPhone will restart automatically.

In case you have no internet access or you failed to download Ultrasn0w in step 14, you can still unlock your iPhone with Ultrasn0w 1.2.

Download Links:

Download iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 4/3GS/3G, iPod Touch 4G/3G/2G & iPad
Download Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Windows
Download iTunes 10.1.2 for Windows

Be Sure to Check Out:

Henry D.9 months ago

i have an iphone 3g jailbroken with redsnow, on ios 4.2.1 and bb 6.15, and my wifi is greyed out, is there any fix for this?? i already looked it up all over google for a fix but cant seem to find one. I tried putting it in my freezer to see if it works and it did for like 10 mins, it wasn’t greyed out anymore but it couldnt find my internet. Please help!!

Ali Kazim1 year, 3 months ago

my ipod touch 4G power button broken . so i cnt go dfu mode . so please any other way . Thanks in advance

Alex1 year, 4 months ago

Thanks man, you saved my life, i managed to restore my iphone 3G after 4 long days of trying with other metods. I still have a question: i checked option to show battery % as seen in step 13 but still i don’t have this option. How cand i do it or what i need to do to have that option back?

Chantilli Crews1 year, 5 months ago

tried to SnowBreeze 2.2 for windows I click the link and it stated the link was removed. Can someone please assist me with this manner thank you

Patrick Gumban1 year, 5 months ago

Hi, you can still download the latest version of Sn0wbreeze from this post. Don’t worry as it supports iOS 4.2.1 as well. :)

sahil1 year, 5 months ago

is there any solution for ip4 with 04.12.01 baseband….. plz help

Patrick Gumban1 year, 5 months ago

I’m afraid there is no unlock solution for that baseband now! Your best bet is to try out those online unlock services, although you do need to take caution.

Francisco1 year, 9 months ago

Hey guys, all went perfectly well, but at the end of iTunes restoring I get a “-1 Error” (unknow error)! Anyone had this as well and have a guess on how to fix ??? Mine is a iPhone 3G – BB 06.15 – FM 4.2.1.

Berls1 year, 9 months ago

Thank you so much. Your walk thru worked so well for my restore looping 3G 4.2.1 brick.

Heineken2 years ago

Hi I just  went with all the steps and installed perfectly fine. No 1015 or 1016 errors like with other programs,.. Unfortunately as soon as my iPhone 3G rebooted it came back up with the Recovery Mode?any Idea as how to solve this?I have tried using iReb to kick it out of the BootLoop,.. But it did not work.. =( i have been without my iPhone for almost 8 weeks now,… tried almost everything.Please if anyone know what to do give me a hand,…Thanks,… ;)

Ankit2 years ago

Hi..I recently restored my iphone 3G. It got locked. I unlocked it with snowbreeze for iOS 4.2.1The phone appears to work well expect that it can’t make calls or send messages. It shows a network bar. But doesn’t identify the network carrier. Also, in the general settings, it shows “not available” fo the network tab. I tried unlocking it again but couldn’t solve the problem. Someone please give me a solution. I don’t want to use it as an iPod forever….

Harnuholuwapotjat2 years, 5 months ago

thanks very much for the post

Mihai2 years, 6 months ago

Thank you for this amazing tutorial.

Basant3 years ago

Hai

Thanks for your guidance and suggestions
    I worked on h/w rf pwr o/p stage and now I am using it on 3G and 2g modes without any network specific problem

The only problem remains is occassional auto dfu mode – from which I exits by hard resetting – please guide how to fix

Thanks again

Pramod3 years ago

You did not restore your device using a saved SHSH for the particular iOS that your currently running. Running TU at the background to complete the restore will only force install the iOS onto your device w/o any SHSH blobs which is not the right way. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX.

Basant3 years ago

Basant3 years ago

Hai

Thanks for your guidance and suggestions
    I worked on h/w rf pwr o/p stage and now I am using it on 3G and 2g modes without any problem

Thanks again

Basant3 years ago

shall i try reinstallation of bb 6.15

Pramod3 years ago

You can try your luck, but I don’t really think you would see any improvements.

Nelson3 years ago

I’m getting error 3194, can someone help me?
    trying it on a iphone 3gs

Basant3 years ago

Fine, I just now tried vodfone in 2G mode and is working fine /therefore is there chance for hardware problem
    Is the baseband software corrupted? Any clue to fix?

Pramod3 years ago

More of a SIM specific issue is what I can see although I still do not rule out the possibility of an h/w issue either.

Basant3 years ago

Guidance is fine and followed and done it on itunes 10.4.0.1
    the set is jailbroken and PARTIALLY unlocked – it recieves 3g netwok of bsnl and reliance but no 2g networks / when on 3g every function(call/surf/etc) is fine

plsease let me know whether it due itunes 10.4… Or due to any other error
    and guide to rectify it

Pramod3 years ago

Its definitely an h/w issue & I believe that this was always the case even before the update from iTunes. Also, its got nothing to do with the version of iTunes that you have used for the restore.

sandy3 years, 1 month ago

I have iPod touch 2g.

I have followed all the steps in this guide and everything went well.
    After restoring with the custom ipsw, in this guide, it mentioned iPod/iPhone will restart automatically, but my iPod did not restart and I waited for 10 mins and I tried to power on. Now it doesn’t switch on nor can I see anything on my screen.

Please help!!!

Did you by any chance have TU running at the background to initiate the restore?

Tiesto_83 years, 1 month ago

I already set my phone to DFU mode but iTunes could not detect my phone.. It just says “iTunes could not connect iPhone because there was no network connection”.. Do I have to connect to the internet to jailbreak my phone? I currently do not have a connection at home at the moment..

Well, Yes ofcourse !! If your going to restore your device, you definitely need to be connected to the internet for iTunes to connect to the Apple servers. For running Sn0wbreeze, you need not.

Chris Lim3 years, 1 month ago

Hi there,

I understand the risk of upgrading the bb, thus i decided not to do it….

but, is my ip3G actually factory unlock??? i don understand why after i jb it with snowbreeze, is lock, but when i restore back to 4.2.1 original is unlock again???

so if i decided not to upgrade the bb, i have to wait if there will be a new software to unlock my ip3G if i jb with snowbreeze 2.2???

thanks

No. It never was factory unlocked right from the beginning. It was always locked to your UK carrier right from the beginning. Also, its not Sn0wbreeze, but its the update from iTunes to iOS 4.2.1 which costed you your ability to unlock the iP3G. There won’t be any unlock for the 05.15.xx – 05.16.xx. The people who are working behind the unlocks have already confirmed that.

Chris Lim3 years, 1 month ago

Hi there,

i tot that i have reply u, but when i check this morning, my post wasnt there….

neway, my ip3G is definitely unlock as i have try it on a few sim card in my country….this ip3G was locked to a UK carrier O2 and i did the unlock couples yrs back…and now i reside in Malaysia….no prob using it on any sim card and upgraded to 4.2.1 and still can use it with my sim card, just tat i lost the jb….

like i have mention, after i jb with snowbreeze 2.2, the jb was successful but i cant use it with my carrier now or any other from my country….it shows 1 bar on the service bar, but i cant call out or receive calls….when i downloaded ultrasnow, the bar change to searching….after i restore to the original 4.2.1 with tinyumbrella and ireb, i have no prob using any of the sim card at all…strange???

so, is my phone factory unlock???? any way of jailbreaking it???

additional info, i install viber on my iphone, and i am stuck at the continue button, but when i use my sim card on my frens iphone, no prb getting the access code….not sure is it bcoz of the unlock or the problem with my iphone ios, but surely not the carrier prob….

i have an ip3G, ios 4.2.1 and bb 05.15.04….

thanks for your help…appreciate it…

You are more clear with details now than your earlier post.
      Alright, so by updating / restoring your device via iTunes, you have lost both your jailbreak & unlock.
      Follow this guide here http://bit.ly/lccwoE & update your BB to the iPad’s BB first & only then will you be able to unlock your device. Make sure that your aware of the risks involved in updating your BB to the iPad’s BB first (Google it) & proceed ONLY if you wish to.
      Do not tick the Install Cydia option again from Redsn0w. You are already jailbroken via Sn0wbreeze.

Chris Lim3 years, 1 month ago

Hi there,

I have an iphone 3G firmware 4.2.1 baseband 05.15.04….i jailbreak and unlock it when it was on ios 4.1….then i accidentally upgraded it to 4.2.1 with 05.15.04 baseband bout year back…and i thought it will re-lock back to the original carrier but thankfully it did not but i lost the jailbreak….

i did not jailbreak it again as it cost quite a lot to jailbreak it thru mobile vendor in my country….but recently i realise that there is so much help jailbreaking it online, therefore i give it a try….

here is the problem, i try jailbreaking it with snowbreeze 2.2 and i succeeded, but i cant unlock it with ultrasnow bcoz of the bb version….i thought i was deadmeat and i cant use it with my carrier now….but when i restore it back to original 4.2.1 firmware using tinyumbrella and ireb, i was able to use it again with my carrier now….

my question is, my phone now is unlock, is there any way that i can jialbreak it and unlock it using snowbreeze or other jb software???

i wrote an email to the previous lock carrier about unlocking my phone as my contract with them has ended, and they confirmed me that the iphone is permanently unlock….how come that i jb it with snowbreeze 2.2, is lock again and when i restore it back to original 4.2.1 and it is unlock….i’m confused…is my phone now still a locked version or is it unlock???

thanks in advance.

Currently, you haven’t actually UNLOCKED your device at all. Unlocking means that you will now be able to use SIMs other than your official carrier SIM to which your iPhone was actually locked to. So, to confirm, pop in 2-3 different SIMs belonging to different carriers (other than the official SIM ofcourse) & see if your iP3G is actually able to pick up their corresponding network signals for each & every SIM. If yes, then you are definitely factory unlocked & if not, your still locked to your previous carrier. Confirm the same & get back to me with your findings.

Anuj3 years, 2 months ago

Hi, I have Iphone 3G (Version 4.2.1(8C148), Modem Firmware 06.15.00) and not so proficient with unlocking thing. The phone works well in every department but Wifi is a problem. its not working at all. Could u please help me with stepwise procedure to correct it. Thanks in advance

Is it greyed out by any chance or are you not able to grab any nearby hotspots? Define your problem. If this Wi-Fi issue was existing prior to the unlock, then I’m afraid its a hardware issue. But, you can always try to do a fresh install of the iOS 4.2.1 & see if your Wi-Fi issue gets corrected or not.

MAT3 years, 2 months ago

i have done the whole, “creating a new ios” with snowbreeze, everything went fine, i got into DFu pwned mode, but when i go to restore on iTunes it says invalid ios….and does nothing…what do i do?

Have you made sure that you have created an IPSW for your device model only? The error mentions that your using an iOS version that is actually meant for a different iPhone model altogether.

uzman3 years, 2 months ago

so is there no way that i can downgrade it without shsh blobs………..btw how do u find out if u even do have blobs because mmy iphone was secondhand and from a friend so i dont know and he dosent remember.
    ihave never installed ios 4.3.3. however i have priorly installed ios 4.0.2 and is it possible that the shsh blobs for that is saved

Jailbreak your device first. Then, fire up Cydia & have a look here http://bit.ly/qS5bjW. If you see any iOS versions listed here, then these are the versions for which your having an SHSH blob saved & to which you can downgrade to as well.

uzman3 years, 2 months ago

i dont have it ……………are there any altenative methods……………….what happens if i just try to restore ios 4.3.3 on it

This is what will happen. DFU loops because of invalid SHSH blobs.

uzman3 years, 2 months ago

i am sorry i did not get a chance to reply earlier………i installed ios 4.3.5 on my iphone and it feels like a 1g on ios 4 now……………so is there any way i can downgrade and can you provide a tutorial link for it
    i want to downgrade to ios 4.3.3 and i do not have any kind of files saved except stock ipsw of ios 4.3.3 and snowbreeze 2.7.3

Only if you have saved an SHSH blob for iOS 4.3.3 either using Cydia/TU will you be able to perform a downgrade. So make sure you have one first.

ceoiihpo123 years, 2 months ago

hey there i need some help ive jailbroken my iphone 3g 4.2.1 n i try restoring the phone cuz it freezes on me now ive tried sn0wbreeze 2.2.1 and i’m getting error 17 HELP ME PLEEEZ how can i fix this ……….:-(((

It will not. iP3G is the least that you need to worry about when it comes to restores. Make sure that you have infact started the restore process only after you have put your device into a pwned DFU mode & that the custom IPSW has been created without any errors.

uzman3 years, 2 months ago

dude my problem is that i somehow uninstalled cydia ….i mean it does not even appear i cannot access it so is there someway i can get cydia back without restoring my iphone 3gs , white 16 gb

Tee3 years, 3 months ago

Hi Wolverine

I have recently jailbroken iPhome 3G using Snowbreeze 2.2. I had initially used redsn0w to upgrade the bb to ipad in order to unlock.

After successfully using snowbreeze my iphone no longer receives network or wifi. i have tried resetting the network settings but no joy.

I had selected the option to download ultrasnow during installing the custom ipsw 4.2.1 using snowbreeze.

Any idea or suggestions would be welcome.

Regards
    Tee

Well, install Ultrasn0w once again but this time use the Wi-Fi/offline methods to do so. Looks like the Ultrasn0w install hasn’t gone through with success via Sn0wbreeze.

uzman3 years, 3 months ago

can you please post a link for the ipsw for ios 4.0.1 for 3gs

What IPSW are you looking for? Custom or Stock?

I dont know how…..
    but now i am not stuck there anymore….
    somehow i m back to jailbroken and unlock state….
    but….
    in iOS 4.2.1
    can u plzzzzz
    plzzzzzz
    gv me a
    Untethered iOS 3.1.3 Jailbreak on Windows
    [How-To Guide]
    plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    thnkxxxx

If you really don’t know how to do any of the things I have suggested you in very simple steps, then please refrain from asking anything here. For nearly 4 days I have been giving you suggestions on how to get certain things done and you simply do not want to follow them. Sometime back you told me that your stuck in the Emergency Call screen & now your not. If you have solved that/any issue already, then why don’t you update your comment here just like everyone else? Why aren’t you sticking to a certain issue & wait for my solution? You don’t want to follow my steps but you also want to experiment things on your on. This leads to alot of confusion.
      Also, this is the second time your asking me about the iOS 3.1.3 custom restore for which I have already replied 3 days ago here. Why won’t you read your earlier comments to which I had already answered ?
      If you want to solve them on your own, your more than welcome to use the Search bar to search across Jaxov topics at the top.

Atif3 years, 3 months ago

Jailbreak your device then using Redsn0w. Or else if you have the official SIM card that came locked to your iPhone or any SIM card belonging to an iPhone of the same carrier, put it in and connect it to iTunes.

Atif3 years, 3 months ago

my iphone is not activated nor hactivated……
    its stuck…..
    i cant do anything ,….. Help…!!

You really need to explain more than that !! Please specifically explain where are you stuck. Are you at the Emergency Call screen?

Atif3 years, 3 months ago

what about sam and ultrasn0w………??

Why don’t you try the restore first? SAM & Ultrasn0w comes later.

Atif3 years, 3 months ago

u mean just restore to it…
    nothing else….??
    no jailbreaking or anything…..??

Yes, but obviously with the Pwned DFU mode.

Atif3 years, 3 months ago

which software shud i use to jailbreak…..???
    p.s i want to preserve my baseband…

Restore to the custom IPSW I pointed you to in my previous comment.

Atif3 years, 3 months ago

can u gv me a link like dis one…..
    for iP3g for 3.1.3……??
    plzzzzzzz…
    thnx

If your looking forward to downloading the custom iOS 3.1.3 IPSW, get it from here http://bit.ly/ivIkMg and restore in a Pwned DFU state.

Atif3 years, 3 months ago

Can u please gv me a link to easy jailbreaking…..???

There is nothing like easy jailbreaking, unless you are on iOS 4.3.3 and use JBMe3. :D

Rachid Oubasslam3 years, 3 months ago

hi guys

how are you doing? i have gotten an Iphone (version 4.2.1 (8C148) / Carrier AT&T 9.0 / Model MB046LL / Modem Firmware 05.15.14) as a gift a year ago; i put a Moroccan SIM card in it and it does not work!(SIMcards of the 3 operators) i want so much to use it and benifit from its services but how can i do that? how can i unlock my Iphone and use a Moroccan SIM card in it? i checked the network and it says “SIM not provisioned”, is there any hope to use it in Morocco? and please is there any free way to unlock it because i can not buy any software and anything through the net as i am looking for a free way to unlock it. i appreciate so much the time and energy of writing and reading this as i appreciate your help so much.

thanks a lot in advance!
    Rachid
    peace & hugs

Yes i used it……

iOS 4.2.1 on an iP3G does infact drain the battery out of your iPhone. The only thing you can do right now is to revert back to a 3.1.3 version of the iOS. That should solve your battery issues.

Atif3 years, 3 months ago

B4 I do that I want to ask u….
    About battery drainage…..!
    Da battery is draing vry vry fast….
    Is it bcz of iOS 4.2.1 if so shud Install previous versions….??

Your asking me the same query again. I have replied to you here. Did you use SAM yet?

Atif3 years, 3 months ago

The prob is usually cOming up when I press da view button after recieving a txt and wen I open something from the multitasking tab at the bottom of da screen….

Possibly because of some theming utility or themes that you may have installed using Cydia. Could be many reasons. A clean & fresh installation of the iOS will resolve such issues.

Nishaan3 years, 3 months ago

hi, I followed the steps and all and restored me iphone 3g when the screen was green to the one i just got created.
    i have 1 problem. Why wont my Iphone start up? I keep turning it on but all i get is the apple LOGO.

Like when i restarted it the apple logo has been up and it hasn’t loaded for almost an hour. Please Help.

Your stuck in a RecoveryLoop. You need to always use a custom IPSW to restore your iP3G. Seems like you have instead used Apple’s stock IPSW.

Atif3 years, 3 months ago

the springboard is either crashing or restarting again and again

After doing what? Please explain.

suman3 years, 3 months ago

Thanks for your help. All these steps works like a charm. I was getting a log of 14 errors. If you are getting a lot of error 14 than you should do this (this is what helped me)

Uninstall itunes from your PC will all other stuffs like Bonjour, Apple mobile device service, quicktime etc.

Run ccleaner to clean all that temp files created by intunes.

Restart your computer.

Reinstall itunes and follow the step by step instruction giveb above.

This is how I solved my problem.

One last thing….
    What will turning off SSH in SBSettings do…??

SSH is Secure SHell connectivity. Its basically a terminal access to your iPhone. Turning OFF SSH will disable this functionality which is not that important.

sorry…..
    will i have to sync again…..???
    will it delete stuf….??

No, it’ll not delete anything from your iPhone. So no worries.

Atif3 years, 3 months ago

how will SAM help me or in other words how is it good for me….??

Did you read the article? Read the article. It explains you why its necessary in the first paragraph itself. SAM will resolve your current battery drainage issue that your having on your iP3G.

Atif3 years, 3 months ago

the link u gave is an article on….
    How to Activate iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.3 Using SAM?
    but i m using 3g and ios 4.2.1…

It works for any iOS/iPhone versions. Its all the same.

what about ultrasnow……??
    does it not activate…..?

Ultrasn0w only unlocks your iPhone. SAM & Ultrasn0w are 2 different things totally unrelated to each other.

Atif3 years, 3 months ago

the speed prob settled down…..
    its working great….
    just 1 prob da batter is draining too much is this because i istalled
    barrel and SBSettings from cydia…….??

Yes, its definitely possible because of Barrel. SBSettings may not take up as much juice out of your battery. Make sure that you have also officially activated your iPhone using SAM as Sn0wBreeze will only Hacktivate your iPhone. Follow this guide http://bit.ly/mDpDwr.

HEY….
    MY IPHONE,…. IS LIKE DEAD…..
    ITS BECOME TOO SLOW AFTER I INSTALLED 4.2.1 !!
    IS IT MAYBE BECAUSE I RESTORED IT FROM A BACKUP…..??

Possible, but can’t be sure at the same time. iOS 4.2.1 is never a laggy version unless your having an iP3G. It definitely makes the iP3G cough up.

worked like a CHARM =D

LittleEd3 years, 3 months ago

Hi Guys – I’d be really grateful for any help.
    I have jaibroken an iphone 3G (4.2.1) using sn0breeze and using the correct 2,1,4.21 IPSW for it to work on. I selected Hactivated and “Simple” option.
    After much effort (? usb issues) the jailbreak has taken and firmware updated. However now I have no WIFI so Cydia cannot load.
    I can access the files using iPhoneBrowser. I beleive there have been issues using sn0wbreeze 2.1 on the 4.2.1 OS on the 3G but nowhere can I find a solution to getting wifi working again. I have removed all network setting and repeatadly re-booted – all to no avail.
    The baseband (modem firmware) is now 05.15.04
    Anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

Is your Wi-FI option by any chance greyed out? Or are you not having access to a Wi-Fi signal itself in the first place? Also, you should know that if you rely on an unlock, its not possible on your current BB.

suman3 years, 3 months ago

I have been trying to restore my iphone 3G with custom FW 4.2.1 and I have followed all steps correctly. But when I try to restore via itunes I always get error number 14.

Any advices???

I am stuck with apple logo and then connect to itunes images in my iphone 3G. The itunes always says that my phone is in recovery mode.

Have you made sure that you have put your iPhone in a Pwned DFU mode and not just in a normal DFU? Error 14 seems to be more of an USB issue. Try the same restore procedure by plugging your iPhone onto a different computer/laptop & also try uninstalling an reinstalling iTunes to the latest version.

Wunn3 years, 3 months ago

@pramod

It solved, I used snowbreeze 2.2.1 and it worked… the one provided on this website didn’t recog my ipsw :/

thanks anyways

Wunn3 years, 3 months ago

iPhone 3G

I have downloaded both files and have the correct itunes
    upon running snowbreeze and browsing the provided ipsw, I get a message saying “not a valid ipsw”
    I have tried downloading it from another source but still same result, what can I do?

Are you sure that your using Sn0wBreeze v2.2 ONLY for jailbreaking iOS 4.2.1 on the iP3G?

imtu3 years, 4 months ago

hi,

I have 4.1 with 6.15 baseband can I upgrade my phone to 4.2.1.

If I can then please guide me…

thanks.

Have you saved your SHSH blobs via Cydia for iOS 4.2.1?

Michel3 years, 4 months ago

Verry handy, FW 4.3.3 > 4.2.1 > restore to backup from that day not possible….Thanks grrr
    Could somebody help? (Today…)

What help do you need Michel?

Allan3 years, 4 months ago

Hi Wolverine,

I need your help. I have my iphone 3g in 4.2.1 with baseband 6.15 however its not detecting any wifi. Can you please help me out?

Make sure your Wi-Fi is discoverable and that its not hidden. Use a different device like an another mobile handset to see if its able to detect the Wi-Fi or not.

Allan3 years, 4 months ago

Yup, all those are ok. I got a few pcs and other phones that are able to connect thru my wifi. it doesnt only happen on my wifi but anywhere. I think the problem is with the phone itself. Please help me.

Yes, I do think the same as well. Has it been bothering you from the start? I hope not. Well, what I can suggest you is to restore your device and try once again, since its not a problem that you had from the start. Restore to a Custom 4.2.1 FW to see if it solves your issue. Good Luck.

Allan3 years, 4 months ago

Please let me know how to resolve this. Thanks in advance.

Have a look at my earlier comment. :)

Allan3 years, 4 months ago

Thanks Pramod,

I have tried 2 custom firmware to restore to however its still the same. I wonder if im doing something wrong or missing something here?

From when have you been facing this issue? I’m sure not since the time your brought this right? From when?

Phil3 years, 4 months ago

Hi there,
    I have bought a 2nd hand iphone 3g 16gb, it is on 4.2.1 and 06.15. I have used Redsnow to jailbreak and installed ultrasnow through cydia (no wifi way) and my iphone 3g goes but always has “No Service”. No matter how much i look on the internet, i cannot find out how to unlock to vodafone, currently on telstra i think. Is there any way possible to unlock to vodafone aus? I tried resetting, put on aeroplane more then off, reset network settings, rung up telstra to unlock but i cannot restore through itunes unless to custom ispw. I am almost about to give up. Know of any way??
    Cheers, Phil

Phil, try popping in a different SIM of another carrier into your iPhone and tell me how it behaves. Usually, if it shows a No Service, it means that your unlock is good. Try it with a different SIM and let me know. :)

Phil3 years, 4 months ago

I have put in an optus sim card, still no service. Should i try another carrier??

Phil3 years, 4 months ago

Hi again, I loaded a Telstra sim and it had service, i reloaded my vodafone and it worked, but it only had 1 bar and lost signal very easily. I can only rarely get service even though i am centrally in the City. Any suggestions there?? Thanks for last comment this is the furtherest i have been with it :D

Okies, so seems like the Ultrasn0w works just fine, but the SIM is still causing the issue here. Telstra seems to work fine here right? Switch off the 3G services and see if you can get a proper GSM signal on your iPhone. Since Telstra works just fine, the problem is with the Vodafone SIM.

Phil3 years, 4 months ago

Im not sure, i was hoping to stay with vodafone?? the telstra SIM only had one bar when i inserted, and thats when i inserted the vodafone one it worked straight away too. The SIM works fine in other phones, just not this one

Hmmm, I wonder now. Well how about your try these 2 SIM’s in your friend’s iPhone and see how it behaves? That should confirm our doubt as to if its the iPhone or the SIM that’s causing this issue. Alternatively, pop into your iPhone his SIM as well. We have 2 scenarios here to confirm. Let me know. :)

Amrane3 years, 5 months ago

Hello, Wolverine
    I bought a used iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.1 (8C148) and baseband 03.10.01, model (MC605NF) unlocked (I don’t know how to confirm), It has cydia not activated (white icon), and has no SHSH files..
    Is it possible to activate cydia for this iPhone?
    Thanks very much…

You mean unlock or activate? If you want to activate it, use SAM http://bit.ly/kRl3Qw and if you want to unlock it, use Gevey SIM. If it is factory unlocked, you do not need to activate or unlock it. From the model number, your iPhone can be locked to some carrier in France or Luxembourg

Robert3 years, 5 months ago

I don’t rely on a unlock I have even tried restoring using iTunes and letting iTunes download the file to restore still got same issue

You mean restoring stock IPSW also did not helped? Have you tried to hard-reset your iPhone? Press the Home+Power button until your iPhone restarts and then Apple logo logo appears on your screen.

Robert3 years, 5 months ago

No it did not help I have hard reset and also the battery has died if that counts as a hard reset ? Yes the restore ISpw restore from apple did not fix I always thought u could always restore to undo any jailbreak guess not

Ok. I just confirmed it from a friend who is into iPhone repairing. He said that this is issue with some units of iPods with malfunctioning WiFi chip. Even if you will restore or hard reset or soft reset your iPhone, after a day or two, you will still get this problem. Just go to nearest Apple store, they will happily give you a replacement.

Robert3 years, 5 months ago

Thank you so much for your help I’ll reload os to un jail break and take it in glad it is a issue and not something I did

Robert3 years, 5 months ago

hey guys i need help in a bad way … i have 3 ipod touch 2G im new too this JB thing i have only done a 3GS using redsnow worked good as far as i can tell i had to get past the sim card activation screen as i dont have a sim card and am using it for a ipod. Question did redsnow unlock it for any carrier as well? more curious than anything

ok back to the ipods these are all from my friends who asked me to JB all using 4.2.1 2 are MC models and one MB model …

MB model redsnow worked perfect no issues

then i go to the MC models (redsnow dont work )I used snowbreeze for 4.1 created a custom software and restored it using itunes
    it worked fine but after looking the wifi is grayed out ?
    i have restored to original but no luck even tried JB again same issue
    I was afraid to do the other MC because i did not want same issue. since then i found green poison and JB 4.2.1 on the last ipod but the other ipod is still grayed out no matter was OS or JB what do i do ? besides different JB and restoring to factory multiple times i have cleared network settings etc all other Ipods are working perfect no issue. Please someone help i am new to this.

Redsn0w always hacktivates the iPhone and NO it do not unlock your iPhone. To unlock your *unlockable* baseband, you must use Ultrasn0w 1.2.3. Back to the iPod whose Wi-Fi is grayed out, when you go to Settings -> General -> About -> Do you see Bluetooth and Wi-Fi address also grayed out?

Robert3 years, 5 months ago

No Bluetooth has an address its just the wifi that is grayed out … do you think a hardware issue because once you reload the apple 4.2.1 firmware shouldn’t it undo anything i did load custom firmware?

If Bluetooth address is 00:00:00:00:00:00 and Wi-Fi address is N/A then its a hardware failure http://i.imgur.com/YM8Du.jpg In your case, when you go to Settings -> Wifi -> ON, do you see Wi-Fi networks? or the entire Wi-Fi option is greyed out? What is your current baseband? Do you rely on an unlock? Also have you got iOS 4.2.1 or iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs?

Robert3 years, 5 months ago

It’s just a iPod touch 2g I don’t see a baseband ? The blue tooth option has a actual address not all 00 and the wifi is greyed out under settings won’t let u select it to even pick or search for a network I didn’t save any shsh those are basebands right? I read bout people saving them don’t know what they are thou .. I came from a Blackberry for 3 years So still learning this stuff

Nops, those are SHSH blobs are they are used to downgrade your firmware. Baseband is something else and it is solely related to unlocking only.

Jason3 years, 5 months ago

I have an iPhone 3GS with iOS 3.1.2 and baseband 5.11.07. Currently it is unlocked but it is tethered. Can I still upgrade the iOS to 4.2.1 or later while keeping my phone unlock (hopefully making it untethered) to use any carrier that I want? Upgrading to ipad’s bb 6.15.00 is not an option for me since I don’t want to lost my GPS functionality. Thanks for your help!

There is no need to upgrade to iPad bb. Just download Sn0wbreeze 2.2.1 from here http://bit.ly/lBrgjx and follow this guide http://bit.ly/hasi6C to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on your iPhone while preserving your current baseband. If you are a Mac user, use PwnageTool 4.2 http://bit.ly/g4eqGd

Jason3 years, 5 months ago

Thanks Wolverine, couple more questions

1. Would you recommend me upgrading to iOS 4.3.3 since Sn0wbreeze 2.7.1 is out to support it? Or should I stay on 4.2.1?
        2. Should I save my SHSH Blobs before I do anything to my current unit? If so, which version of TinyUmbrella should I use? the latest?
        3. If I selected the Hacktivate option during the IPSW custom build process, do I still need to do the SAM procedure to activate my unit after jailbreak (Sn0wbreeze) and unlock (Ultrasn0w)?
        4. Do I need the install SSH option? In your Sn0wbreeze 2.2 guide, it is required, but in your Sn0wbreeze 2.7 guide, it is optional. Please clarify.
        5. If enable battery pct option is NOT checked during IPSW custom build process, will I still have that function on my unit?
        6. What is Animated Boot Logo Capability?

Thanks again for your time.

1. Stay on iOS 4.2.1. iOS 4.3.3 is laggy and there are Ultrasn0w unlock issues
          2. Now you can only save iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blobs. Grab latest version of TU from here http://bit.ly/gDFJ0K
          3. SAM is always optional (For battery life and Push Notifications) but as you rely on an unlock, so you must hacktivate atleast
          4. Install SSH is always optional. You can install it later using Cydia -> OpenSSH
          5. To enable battery %age, you need to check that option. Otherwise you wont find it after JB
          6. Thats in only for iP4/3GS users on iOS 4.3.3 (Not sure about that)

Jason3 years, 5 months ago

Cool, thanks for the quick turnaround.

I am still couple more confusions and hope you can help me clarify

1. So if today I decided to go to iOS 4.2.1 and preserving my baseband of 5.11.07 as you suggested, what do I need to do to give me the ability to be able to revert my iOS to 3.1.2 if upgrade process goes bad? Since you said TU can only save iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blobs.

2. Just to be clear, I will run SAM on top of hacktivate

3. After I restore my 3gs using a custom IPSW for iOS 4.2.1, hacktivate and run SAM on it. I should be able to connect my unit to itune as normal and be able to backup/restore my text, contacts, etc and sync all my apps right? If not, what other steps am I missing?

Thanks!

1. If you see iOS 3.1.2 SHSH blobs in TinyUmbrella, you can downgrade later. Else not possible.
            2. Yeah, you can use SAM on a hacktivated iPhone.
            3. I don’t think so it is possible to restore a backup of iOS 3.x.x on iOS 4.x.x. You can still confirm this with anyone else. However you can sync apps and contacts (But i don’t think backup will be able to restore on ur iDevice)

Jason3 years, 5 months ago

Great Thanks Wolverine!!

In your Sn0wbreeze 2.2.1 for iOS 4.2.1 instruction, you listed to use iTune 10.1.2. Does that matter? or the latest iTune version would still work? If not, do you have a 10.1.2 copy that you can point me to?

Similar question for Ultrasn0w, is there any specific version I need to use or the latest one would be able to unlock my unit with bb 5.11.07. And this Ultrasn0w unlock is untethered right?

Use the latest version of iTunes and Ultrasn0w!

Cyrus Brands3 years, 6 months ago

I have an 3G on baseband 05.13.04, can I install 4.2.1 without any problem. And still unlock the phone also preserving my baseband??

Sure, why not :) but you DO need SHSH blobs for iOS 4.2.1 :(

Cyrus3 years, 6 months ago

Please could you explain me more about this??? I want to re-install a friends 3G 4.2.1. But I’am not sure about the 3G. (SHSH Blobs???)

Thanks, and sorry for this

Yup! You don’t need SHSH blobs for iPhone 3G. Cheers :)

Marcela3 years, 6 months ago

You think when Ultrasn0w 1.3 is out, will be able to unlock

Yeah but do not expect Ultrasn0w 1.3 to drop before 2-4 months.

Marcela3 years, 6 months ago

Wolverine,I wonder if I have to unlock a iphone 4, IOS 4.3.2 BB 04:10:01. THANK YOU

Only possible through Gevey SIM at this moment.

Marcela3 years, 6 months ago

Wolverine, I’m in the same case as Manu, so that my not want to open the site
    need (http://gs.apple.com), and I turn on itunes issoquando appears
    same problem, can you help?
    thanks

Manu3 years, 6 months ago

hi Wolverine
    i am on iphone 4 ios 4.2.1/8C148 baseband 03.10.01.
    i am trying JB using snowbreeze 2.2. could create the snowbreeze ipsw but unable to restore it. itunes throws error 3194 while restoring. iphone is in DFU mode.
    any suggestions?

thanks
    manu

To fix error 3194, follow this guide http://bit.ly/elbsND

Manu3 years, 6 months ago

hi Wolverine
        i tried tinyumbrella which says it does not have shsh. Below is the log.

04/18/2011 23:49:19.975 This device isn’t eligible for the requested build. 04/18/2011 23:49:19.991 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4 4.2.1 (8C148) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
        Manu

Sorry Manu but you are little late. You can never EVER restore stock or custom iOS 4.2.1 IPSW because you never saved its SHSH blobs for your iDevice when it was released.

Jaz3 years, 7 months ago

ok awesome, thanks alot for the help!
    really appreciate it :)

Jaz3 years, 7 months ago

thanks for the guide mate,
    just one quick question. When it says it upgrades your baseband, do you know what it upgrades it to?

Do not worry about that if you do not rely on unlock :)
      PS: It will upgrade your bb to 05.15.04 which you already have!

Jaz3 years, 7 months ago

yeah lol i didn’t preserve my baseband after all, just noticed that now :D

the first time i tried sn0wbreeze 2.2 the jailbreak process failed. i got stuck in recovery mode and i did use a stock ipsw for 4.2.1 and i did infact update my bb :P
    though no problem i dont need an unlock as ive just restored my phone back to 3.1.3 using SHSH in TU and my sim card is recognized got full bars of reception!! so yeah no unlock needed which is pretty cool news.

its weird though cause i did make a custom firmware in sn0wbreeze using stock 4.2.1, and i used the custom fw to restore in itunes. but i wasn’t getting any signal before, same sim same baseband and everything that im using now!
    dont really understand whats going on????

right now i just want to upgrade the firmware to 4.2.1 with a JB.

any recommendations?

Thanks Wolverine

If you do not rely on unlock then GreenPois0n is the best choice for you. Restore stock iOS 4.2.1 IPSW and use GreenPois0n. Follow this guide

Jaz3 years, 7 months ago

hi Wolverine,

i recently updated my iphone 3gs from fw3.1.3 to custom fw4.2.1 using sn0wbreeze 2.2
    everything went fine with the jailbreak except after adding yellowsn0w my phone will not get a signal. its just searching.
    and when i remove yellowsn0w it stays on 1 bar and i cant make or recieve calls.

when its on 3.1.3 jb and unlocked i dont have a problem with the signal.
    i got an iphone 3gs on firmware 4.2.1 running baseband 05.15.04
    what can i do other than upgrading the bb to 6.15?
    i remember reading something about 6.15 being dodgy thats why ive stayed at 3.1.3 for so long to preserve my baseband.

thanks

I don’t think you updated to custom IPSW, because your baseband is updated to 05.15.04 which signals that you restored the stock iOS 4.2.1 IPSW. The only solution to unlock your iPhone is to upgrade your baseband to iPad baseband. You can either use this guide or this guide.

hamzzzz3 years, 7 months ago

update….

did a successful jailbreak using snowbreeze….also hacktivated it…now how do i unlock my iphone4 with baseband 2.10.04

is there anyway i can change my baseband to any one of those supported by ultrasnow unlock?? please help

Not now. But hopefully unlock will be out soon. Keep your fingers crossed.

hamzzzz3 years, 7 months ago

hello wolverine

i am on the iphone 4 4.2.1 version with baseband 2.10.04….i already tried the greenpoison jb but i dont have the actual sim to activate phone…can i use snowbreeze to hactivate my phone? and also how can i unlock it as i intend to use some other sim with it…help will be greatly appreciated

Yes you can use Sn0wbreeze to hacktivate your iPhone but make sure you have iOS 4.2.1 SHSH blobs as SHSH blobs are must to restore iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW. Unlock is not out but hopefully it will be released with in a month or so. Stay tuned!

Case3 years, 7 months ago

Hello Guys,

I followed the steps, and was able to restore along with Cydia and ultrsnow installed. Unfortunately it does not pick up the tmobile carrier though it recognizes that the sim is present. Any help would be much appreciated. Vitals below:

Iphone 3G
    Modem Firmware 06.15.00
    Tmobile Sim
    Network = Not Available
    Version 4.2.1 (8C148)
    Carrier = Not Available
    Model = MB046LL
    WI-FI Address,Bluetooth,IMEI, and ICCID all visible

Thanks again for any assistance

Reboot is a must after Ultrasn0w unlock.

Case3 years, 7 months ago

I rebooted several times, and also reset network settings several times. I still have no wi-fi networks available and no carrier signal. When I insert the Tmobile sim ‘New Voice Mail’ appears’, but I cannot make a call.

Regards,
        Case

rine3 years, 8 months ago

When i download my itunes (10.1.2) my firmware is already 4.1.2, so i need to download my firmware again in order to jailbreak?

Praveen3 years, 8 months ago

Hi guys,
    i have updated ios 4.0.1 to ios 4.2.1. The update went good. Have installed repo666.ultrasnow.com (cydia – manage – sources) package as well. but it does not detect the carrier signal. The strange thing is that it detects the sim and searches for the signal for a long time and says “No Service”. if i insert any sim it detects , search’s for the signal and says “NO Signal” and in “Settings -General- about -carrier – it shows “carrier 9.0″. Can some one help.

Can you tell me your baseband and iPhone model?

Praveen3 years, 8 months ago

it is 5.15.04. Today i tried with vodafone sim, it detects the same in “Settings -General- about -carrier – it shows “Vodafone” but still the same. searches for the signal and says “No signal”

Yes, you can unlock your iPhone. Do not do anything silly right now. Just follow these 3 steps below:
          1. Follow the step-by-step guide here to upgrade your iPhone 3GS/3G baseband to 06.15.00.
          2. Install Ultrasn0w 1.2 though Cydia
          3. Now your iPhone will catch signals of any carrier you want. Just need to put its SIM.

Do reply if you have any questions or ask us at our Facebook fan page for more quick replies.

Praveen3 years, 8 months ago

Hiiii Wolverine, Thank you so much.. that worked. after upgrading it to bb 6.15 it started catching signal.

Cheers

Welcome!

gaza20123 years, 8 months ago

i upgraded my iphone 3g from fm v3.0 to v4.2.1 with baseband 5.15.04 through itunes now am stuck at activation screen i don’t have my original sim how do i activate, jailbreak and unlock my iphone

You cant unlock but you can jailbreak and hacktivate it using GreenPois0n tool (Win Guide | Mac Guide). As far as unlock it concerned, it will be released when iOS 4.3 final will be out.

Utsav3 years, 8 months ago

hey,
    i have iphone4 working on 4.2.1(8c148)
    and modern firmware 03.10.01
    is it okay to use sn0wbreeze on my device?
    the phone is currently unlcked, i’m using it as an itouch only,
    how do i sim unlock it?

You have the latest baseband. So there is no need to use Sn0wbreeze as it will be of no use. Use GreenPois0n (Win Guide | Mac Guide). As far as unlock it concerned, it will be released when iOS 4.3 final will be out.

Sidharth3 years, 8 months ago

I have jailbroken my iPhone and later went to Cydia and installed ultrasn0w package, even after that my phone is just searching for the network and unable to log on to network. please help.

What is your iPhone model and baseband?

Venture_john3 years, 8 months ago

hi ben,

The custom IPSW for Iphone 3G up the baseband?

Ben Johnson3 years, 8 months ago

No, custom IPSWs are made to preserve the baseband.

Rich3 years, 8 months ago

Thanks, I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Rich3 years, 8 months ago

I tried using sn0breeze 2.2 for my iPod Touch 3G, but iTunes told me that the firmware was uncompatible, it may have been the original 4.2.1 firmware I downloaded, anyways. Having already updated to 4.2.1 previously, like an idiot, I don’t think I can download the new version from iTunes anymore (which is why I originally downloaded what may have been an incompatable firmware in the first place). Right now my iPod is in PWNED DFU still and I’m not sure how I should handle it :(

Kindly use this iOS 4.2.1 IPSW for your iPod Touch 3G and jailbreak it with Sn0wbreeze 2.2 final using the above instructions.

unzo3 years, 8 months ago

i’ve tried the new snowbreeze 2.2 and was succesfully jailbreak my iphone 3GS SU OS4.2.1 with BB 5.15.04.. but it seems my wifi is unable to search the network.. it is some weakness due to this JB? or i maybe i had something wrong with my JB? plzz share.. btw,now im downloading the “Ben Johnson” custom ipsw for Iphone 3GS activated to see if something good happen with my wifi.. becoz its really important to me, since iphone with bb 5.15.04 still cannot be unlock without upgrade it to 6.15 ipad baseband and still i cant do download through my iphone without any sim card or wifi. thx

Proceed at your own risk with Ben’s custom IPSWs. We recommend you to create your own one with Sn0wbreeze 2.2. If you have used the final version of Sn0wbreeze 2.2, it should solve the Wifi and iBooks related issues. Sn0wbreeze 2.2r1 is known to have some Wifi issues but they are fixed in the final version.

unzo3 years, 8 months ago

Thx, i have rejailbreak my iphone. and now it’s works.. but i have another problem to unlock my iphone baseband 5.15.04. what tools i have to use to unlock it? i already try redsnow 0.9.6cr8 but its always ended up on the “updating ramdisk” with 80% of the proscess.. then its stop responding.. what should i do? i dont have mac, i use win 7. thxx

Allan3 years, 4 months ago

Hi Unzo,

Can you please advise how exactly you fixed the issue with your wifi? Im using 3g with 4.2.1 baseband 6.15 and i cant seem to get the wifi to work. Appreciate your help on this matter.

Ben Johnson3 years, 8 months ago

iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW for Verizon iPhone 4: http://bit.ly/gDtalh
    iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW for iPad: http://bit.ly/gOhVls
    iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW for iPod Touch 4G: http://bit.ly/hJbRRT
    iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW for iPod Touch 3G: http://bit.ly/efXGvW
    iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW for Apple TV 2G: http://bit.ly/idTcaM

Ajay John Kattakayam1 year, 11 months ago

after restoring my phone it is not dectecting the old sim card, which was working… it s showing no service thing with “1 bar” symbol over there……..pls help me ………pls…….