How to Check If Push Notifications Are Working Fine or Not?

Most of you already know that after hacktivating your iPhone with tools like Redsn0w, PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze, Push Notifications do not work until you install a patch like Push Fix or Push Doctor from Cydia. After installing Push Fix or Push Doctor, if you are unsure about the working of the Push Notifications on your iDevice, you can test it with a simple free app called iPusher.

iPusher is available for free via App Store. Just search "iPusher" in App Store and download this handy app. Once installed, open the app and click on the Test Push Notifications button. If the button text changes to Please wait... and you do not see any popup saying Yay, push notifications work fine!, it means there is something wrong with your settings. If all of your settings are fine, then you should get the popup shown in the screenshot below:

iPusher for Push Notifications
The best way to enable Push Notifications on a hacktivated iPhone is through SAM. SAM is a Subscriber Artificial Module which tricks iTunes to generate legitimate activation tickets for your iPhone and allows you to activate it without official carrier SIM card. SAM not only enhances the battery life of your iPhone but also enables full working Push Notifications on your iDevice. To activate your iPhone using SAM, follow the step-by-step guide here. Once fully activated, you do not need to install Push Fix or Push Doctor from Cydia.

Download iPusher from App Store.

Leihpoz3 years, 9 months ago

Hi.. :) I have iPhone 3G iOS 3.1.3 and I’m using whited00r..Do you think this method will work on my iPhone too..?If not, any suggestions..?Thanks in advance.. :)))

Leihpoz3 years, 9 months ago

Please help me guys.. Thanks..

Hassan Zia3 years, 11 months ago

Hey every1 if iPusher is just stuck at “please wait” mine did that too here is a working fix which i did n my push notifications are back to normal n i’ve tested it with IMO n i did receive notification on my lock screen. Here what u need to do, time taking but simple…1) Goto ur Setting>>SAM>>Utilites & then: Backup Activation>>Deactivate iPhone>>Restore Activation & then Reboot your iPhone.2) Uninstall iPusher, reboot & sync with your PC. Then reinstall iPusher, again reboot & sync.3) Launch iPusher n test it for ur self. Tap  “Test Push Notifications” n it wud say “Yay, push notifications work fine!”This worked for mebtw im on IPhone 2g with 3.1.3 jailbroken

Leihpoz3 years, 9 months ago

I have iPhone 3G iOS 3.1.3 and I’m using whited00r 6..Do you think this method will work on my iPhone too..?If not, any suggestions..?Thanks in advance.. :)))

Hassan Zia3 years, 9 months ago

yes it shud work if u r not getting push notification. It just fool the itunes to create license certificates for all legal/illegal apps.

Edwinhs4 years, 7 months ago

Excelent, it work for me!!!

coolk75 years ago

hi i am having iphone 3G unlocked working on 4.2.1 n having problem when i open ipusher its showing please wait n getting stuck there only so what to do

Pramod5 years ago

Goto SAM>>Utilites & then: Backup Activation>>Deactivate iPhone>>Restore Activation & then Reboot your iPhone. After that, check your push with iPusher. That should work.

syeddanish4 years, 4 months ago

thank you thank you thank you so much brother love u…….. may ALLAH bless you…….

Alan3 years, 10 months ago

this actually worked with an unlocked 3gs but non-functional push, lolthank ya!

Roberto5 years, 1 month ago

Hi, could you help me … my problem is I have no push notifications, I’m from mexico , I made the tutorial and SAM shows me wildcardactivated but the application ipusher does not show any notification…only please wait…
    can you help me??
    excuse my English I speak very little
    my carrier is Telcel in Mexico and I have a att&t iphone4
    Thanks and I hope your help

Did you reboot your device right after you completed activating via SAM? Uninstall iPusher, reboot & allow sync with your computer. Then reinstall iPusher, again reboot & sync. iPusher should be working just fine now.

Hassan Zia3 years, 11 months ago

yay this worked but I did that Backup Activation>>Deactivate iPhone>>Restore Activation in Sam than this n now im good thanx alot luv yall

daniel5 years, 4 months ago

im havin a problem wit push notifications 4.3.3 ! Iv downloaded sam from repobingner ! and once I open it it says that theres an error ! and nothin else shows ! so any suggestions plz ?

Uninstall SAM. Now search and uninstall SAM’s dependency as well which are ACUtil & Stockify. Now go back to the repo and download SAM once again. This time you will not have any errors.

grand5 years, 5 months ago

thanks for quick reply, dude! But i was just wondering what will happen if i change the IMEI on SAM? Also, since im wildcard activated, im pretty sure if i change my sim card on different network, it will say error, therefore, i will need to do this step: http://jaxov.com/2011/05/fix-sim-card-not-supported-error-while-activating-iphone-with-sam/ is that correct.

You told me that “about blocked IMEI, its up to the carrier to take the necessary steps as whether to activate you or not over its network.” so does that mean the iphone is useless even though i put the gevey sim on with a different network sim?

thanks dude

Changing IMEI is not advisable. So I really haven’t tried that method and you too shouldn’t try it as well. The one in SAM will let you generate a different token for the activation which corresponds to a different IMEI, but again I never have bothered to use it. And about the blocked IMEI problem, I really can’t tell you how your carrier will let you use a phone with the blocked IMEI. They may/ maynot try out anything funny as well. You never know.

grand5 years, 6 months ago

cant i use the tutorial for sim card not supported error.. http://jaxov.com/2011/05/fix-sim-card-not-supported-error-while-activating-iphone-with-sam/.

Can i do adjust some setting for SAM?? e.g I went to SAM app, More info, and when click on the IMEI..it seems that i can edit the IMEI..i havent actually edit the IMEI…not sure if this can be done…

btw my activationstate says its WildcardActivated.

Yes grand, you can go ahead and very well use this tutorial to get yourself out of the Wrong SIM card Inserted error. But since your already WildCard Activated, your already officially activated by Apple and so you don’t need to do anything else on SAM. About adjusting the IMEI details in SAM, yes you can go ahead and do that as well provided you know the original IMEI details of the actual SIM that came along with it.

grand5 years, 6 months ago

Mine just say please wait…and it loads for a long time…i have a blocked iphone 4 with the current sim on it…wat do i do??

I’m afraid, but you’ll have trouble in getting your iPhone activated since your IMEI is blocked. :(

Németh Bálint5 years, 7 months ago

I have iphone 4 4.3.2 hacktivated i dont have push notfication but on nimbuzz chat i have and this push doctor dont work me too

If Push Notifications work for one app, it means Push Notifications are enabled and are working fine. Go to Settings -> Notifications (ON) and make sure you have Push Notifications turn ON for specific app!

Németh Bálint5 years, 7 months ago

I have been turned it on but it wont work:( like facebook or im+

If Push Notifications are working for Facebook or IM+ then they should work on Nimbuzz as well. Its not the issue with your Push Notifications at all. Either the Push Notifications settings within Nimbuzz app are not configured properly or there is some issue in the Nimbuzz itself. Reinstalling might help in that case.

Németh Bálint5 years, 7 months ago

Nonono nimbuzz push is work fine just the other apps are not working….:(

You tried iPusher?

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

Yes it wont work too

Ok. You tried to active Push Notifications using SAM?

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

Yes tried with my t-mobile sim card but it dont work. I need another card to activate because my current SIM card is not supported.

Use Push Doctor then http://bit.ly/m6o6XG

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

I have been downloaded but the push dont work :(

Reboot and sync iPhone with your PC.

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

Its good when ipusher shows Yay,push notfications…

Yeah! It means Push Notifications are working fine :D

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

It dont need to show yay push notfications work fine? Because in facebook i dont have push notification:(
            And i have turned it on on settings

I am confused, do iPusher displays yay push notfications work fine or not? Also you will only get Push Notifications from Facebook app only when someone will reply you or write on your wall.

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

Ipusher shows : “yay, push notifications…” not push notifications work fine

If iPusher says Yay, push notifications work fine! then it means your Push Notifications are working fine and SHOULD work on every iPhone app which support Push Notifications. Also note that it is not necessary that you will get Push Notifications instantly when you get a mention on Twitter or someone writes on your Facebook wall.

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

But my ipusher says “yay, push notifications…” why does it say that and how can i fix this problem?

It means Push Notifications are working fine. Cheers :)

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

O great it shows push notifications work fine THANSK A LOT:):):):):):)):):)::):))::):

Livius5 years, 9 months ago

Now if I could only install cydia….

No, iPusher is available through App Store, not Cydia.

Hassan Zia3 years, 11 months ago

if u dnt have cydia that means ur not jailbroken n that mean push notification will be working