Semaphore has just released a new version of TinyUmbrella which is capable of kicking all those iPhones out of recovery which were stuck in infinite recovery mode loop after iOS 4.2.1 restore. For those who don't know, Apple introduced a new baseband requirement check in iOS 4.2.1 which puts all those iDevices into infinite recovery mode loop who try to restore iOS 4.2.1 using Saurik’s server or TinyUmbrella.
Update via NotCom:
TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) should also work for those iPhone 3GS/3G users who are stuck in infinite recovery mode loop after upgrading to iPad baseband (06.15.00). Currently, TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) is only available for Mac OS X users. Windows version of TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) will be released soon.
Steps to Kick iPhone Out of Recovery Mode Loop with TinyUmbrella:
- Download and install TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) for Mac OS X from here.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac and launch TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) app. At this stage you will notice the disabled 'Fix Recovery' button.
- Put your iPhone into DFU mode by using the instructions below:
- Turn off your iPhone completely.
- Press and hold the 'Home'+'Power' button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the 'Power' button but keep holding the 'Home' for another 10 seconds.
TIP: If for some reason you failed to put your iPhone into DFU mode using the above instructions, just follow this video guide.
Thats it. Now if you do not rely on unlock, restore to stock iOS 4.2.1 and jailbreak it with GreenPois0n tool (Windows Guide | Mac Guide). If you rely on unlock and want to preserve the baseband of your iPhone, you can use iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW which you can cook though PwnageTool 4.2 on Mac OS X and Sn0wbreeze 2.2.1 on Windows. Once jailbroken on iOS 4.2.1, use Ultrasn0w 1.2 to unlock your iPhone.
Update#1: Semaphore has updated TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) for iOS 4.2.1 with more simple interface. Get the latest version from the links below:
Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) for iOS 4.2.1 [Windows | Mirror]
Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) for iOS 4.2.1 [Mac | Mirror]
Update#2: Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) to fix iOS 4.3 recovery mode loop issue.
Update#3: Download TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3.2/4.3.1 to exit recovery loop
Update#4: Download TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3.3 to exit recovery mode loop