If you want to install ClockworkMod Recovery image on your Nexus One, you can either install through Android Market or you can install it manually by using the step-by-step guide below. If your Nexus One is already rooted, just skip the procedure below, go to Android Market and search for ROM Manager to install ClockworkMod Recovery in one go.
Steps to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Nexus One Manually:
- Follow this tutorial to setup ADB and fastboot on Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Once ADB+fastboot has been set, download ClockworkMod Recovery image from here
- Place the recovery image (recovery-clockwork-220.127.116.11-passion.img) in C:\ drive
- Connect your Nexus One to your PC and make sure its completely powered off
- Now hold down the Trackball and Power button simultaneously until your Nexus One boots into fastboot mode.
- Once your Nexus One is in fastboot mode, open Command Prompt and type fastboot devices to see if your device is connected to PC via USB cable or not?
- Once your device has been detected, use the following command to install ClockworkMod Recovery image you downloaded in step 2.
NOTE: Before installing any custom recovery image (either Amon_Ra's Recovery or ClockworkMod Recovery), you must unlock the bootloader. You can use fastboot oem unlock command in fastboot mode to unlock your bootloader but doing so will void your warranty.
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-18.104.22.168-passion.img
Thats it, now you can install custom ROMs like CyanogenMod etc on your Nexus One. Got any question? Feel free to ask in comments below!Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback