After BigBoss repo, ModMyi is probably the largest repo out there carrying hundreds of packages including themes, wallpapers, tweaks and soundboards. Though ModMyi repo is added to Cydia by default whenever you jailbreak your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad but some users were unable to find ModMyi repo after jailbreaking their device with tools like Spirit, JailbreakMe and Limera1n.
Adding ModMyi repo directly by using http://apt.modmyi.com as Cydia/APT URL will result in Did not Find Repository error as shown in the screenshot below:
In-order to add ModMyi source to your jailbroken device, follow the steps below:
- Open Cydia, search for OpenSSH and install it
- Download modmyi.com.list from here and jump to step 5
- Now create a text file on your desktop using Notepad on Windows (TextEdit on Mac) and put the following code in it as shown in the screenshot below:
- Go to File menu, choose Save As... and name the file "modmyi.com.list" (including quotes)
- SSH into your iDevice using WinSCP, CyberDuck or DiskAid, navigate to root->private->etc->apt and place modmyi.com.list file in sources.list.d directory.
- Thats it. Reboot your device and you are done!
# do not edit this file to add your own custom sources
# this file is subject to be upgraded as part of a package
# either add your own .list file to /etc/apt/sources.list.d
# or add your entry to the global /etc/apt/sources.list file
deb http://apt.modmyi.com/ stable main