As reported earlier, iPhone Dev-Team has just released their backup plan for untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak in the form of Redsn0w 0.9.7b1. You can now jailbreak iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPad (Untethered) on iOS 4.2.1 with Redsn0w 0.9.7.
The current beta version is only for Mac OS X users. Here are few important points posted by Dev-Team for using Redsn0w 0.9.7:
1. This is a beta tester program. Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
2. For the same reason, please don’t participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
3. Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
4. This very first beta1 is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
5. You must already have the usbmuxd software installed and running on your Mac. The correct invocation of the relay is just as that page says: “./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222”.
6. Cydia must have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on file. (As we approach a general release, we’ll provide a way to let you use locally saved hashes too).
7. Please leave all feedback in the comments below (we really need your feedback to help develop it into a stable release!)
This is strictly for pro users, if you don't understand things written above clearly or if rely on Ultrasn0w unlock, please stay away from this version of Redsn0w. The final version of Redsn0w 0.9.7 is expected to be released soon. We'll keep you posted. Stay tuned!
Download Redsn0w 0.9.7b1 for Mac OS X | Mirror
UPDATE 1: iPhone Dev-Team has released 2nd beta of Redsn0w 0.9.7. Redsn0w 0.9.7b2 brings fix to all the native app crash issues (including Task Switcher)
Update #2: The second beta is now available (testers ONLY please!). This version should fix all the native app crashes (including Task switcher). That’s the only change in from beta1….Bluetooth is still disabled.
Download Redsn0w 0.9.7b2 | Mirror
UPDATE 2: Redsn0w 0.9.7b3 has been released! Beta three will fix the embedded video problems.
UPDATE 3: Redsn0w 0.9.7b4 has been released by iPhone Dev-Team. It eliminates the need to install usbmuxd process.