How to Update iPhone 3GS/3G Baseband to 06.15.00 With Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 on Windows & Mac?

iPhone Dev-Team has just released Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 for Windows and Mac OS X users. You can use Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 to upgrade the baseband of iPhone 3GS/3G (05.14.xx or 05.15.xx) to 06.15.00 so that it can be unlocked with the latest version of Ultrasn0w (v1.2). Unlike PwnageTool 4.1.3, you can use Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 without needing iPad iOS 3.2.2 IPSW as it can fetch the iPad baseband files directly from Apple servers.

Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 Main

Steps to Jailbreak iOS 4.1/4.2.1 & Upgrade iPhone 3GS/3G Baseband to 06.15.00 With Redsn0w 0.9.6b5:

1. Download and install iTunes 10.1 from here
  2. Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 for Windows & Mac OS X
  3. Download stock iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1 IPSW for your iPhone
  4. Connect your device to your PC or Mac OS X and restore to iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1 using iTunes 10.1
  5. Now lauch Redsn0w, click on the Browse button and choose the same IPSW which you manually restored to your iPhone in the previous step by using iTunes.
  6. Browse for iOS 4.1/4.2.1 IPSW

7. Redsn0w will now process and identify your firmware file
  8. Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 Baseband Upgrade

9. Once Redsn0w has successfully identified the firmware file, click on Next button to patch the firmware.
  10. Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 Baseband Upgrade

11. Choose Cydia and Install iPad baseband from the given options. Click YES to close the warning message.
  12. Redsn0w Baseband Update Warning
    Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 Baseband Upgrade

13. Turn off and plug your device to your computer.
  14. Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 Baseband Upgrade

15. Now put your iPhone in DFU mode. For that you will need to quickly hold Power button , after holding the Power button for 3 seconds, you will now have to hold Home button for 10 seconds. After that release Power button but keep holding Home until the installation automatically begins.
  16. Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 Baseband Upgrade

17. Wait while Redsn0w fetches the iPad baseband files for your iPhone and patch the firmware.
  18. Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 Baseband Upgrade
    Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 Baseband Upgrade

19. Thats it! Now you should have fully jailbroken and unlockable iPhone 3GS/3G with 06.15.00 baseband version.

Unlock iPhone 3GS/3G Baseband 06.15.00 With Ultrasn0w 1.2:

Now that your baseband is exploitable by Ultrasn0w, you can unlock it easily. Just follow the step-by-step guide here to unlock your iPhone 3GS/3G with Ultrasn0w 1.2.

iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 Unlocked

Update#1: Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) to fix iOS 4.2.1 recovery mode loop issue.

donata1 year, 7 months ago

i follow the stepsbut stil not finished because Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 stop not responding and dissappear while my 3g iphone display downloading jailbreak datathen turn off…plssss help me?????tnx alot

Rnith2 years, 2 months ago

Thanks for this article. It helped me fix the Error 1015 on my iphone 3G. i tried various other fix provided on YouTube and finally came across this one and it really worked for me.

Entarodun2 years, 9 months ago

I’m using redsn0w v0.9.15b3, but It won’t upgrade my 3G from 05.14.02 to 06.15.00.It says “done”, but the bb remains 05.14.02. Tried to restore in iTunes with official 4.1 IPSW, and do an upgrade, but it’s not working. I selected only “Install iPad Baseband”.

FikirT3 years, 8 months ago

I’m using jailbroken iphone 3gs IOS 4.1 and baseband 5.16.7. i followed the instructions but redsnow has stuck saying fetching ipad baseband files … i think it is not working is it because i’m using baseband 5.16.7?

Alin3 years, 9 months ago

Yes!Yes!Yes! Work perfect ! Was my mistake ! First of all must delete old repo666 and add it new one . After that find ultrasn0w pakage and install it . Now is unlocked my iphone .Thanks you very much to all !

Alin3 years, 9 months ago

I see ” last updated February 11, 2013 “. I try this on my 3g iphone , today March 3,2013 . Work perfect till add ultrasn0w repository . Always same mesage : Cannot comply ! So : how can i unlock my iphone ? Pls help me !

caitlin3 years, 5 months ago

same happening to me:(

VSK3 years, 11 months ago

I know this is kind of an old thread but I am still hoping for some help here. This is my problem – if you need more details, please ask.System – Iphone 3G, 4.2.1, originally on BB 5.15 updated to 6.1.5 during jailbreak/unlock.What I tried to do – jailbreak/unlock the phone using redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 and ultrasn0w 1.2.7 using procedure on this website.http://osxdaily.com/2010/11/28/how-to-unlock-ios-4-2-1-on-iphone-3g-and-iphone-3gs-with-ultrasn0w/I was able to jailbreak and install Cydia but didnt have Wifi on the iphone so used a different method to put the ultrasn0w .deb files in Cydia AutoInstall folder using iphone explorer. Problem was phone didnt get unlocked and ultrasn0w got deleted after every iphone reboot.This is where the problems started:I thought I messed up some steps so decided to restart the process – first one being resotring the phone through iTunes using the 4.2.1 IPSW file (I know, BIG MISTAKE but it is all in hindsight) :(Anyway, as I now know, this sticks the phone in recovery mode and I either have the apple logo in center of screen or the itunes with USB logo.How can I get back to using the phone (and then hopefully successfully unlocking it)?I saw some answers which need downgrading to 4.1 and then using Tinyumbrella but I am not familiar with both these steps. Can you guys please help?I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

dd3 years, 9 months ago

download iFaith: http://ih8sn0w.com/. Idk if it works for 3g but this method worked on 3gs Launch ifaith1. Use dump SHSH or Get SHSH blobs if u can’t. 2. After that  Build *signed* IPSW with ur SHSH blobs. It will be dumped in ur desktop usually3. After that put your iPhone 3g in DFU, if u dont know how use ifaith DFUpwner4. Launch itunes5. connect ur iphone 3g6. Do the shift click on Restore and click ur stiched ipsw+blobs 7. Now your phone will be restoredThen follow the proper bb conversion for iphone 3g google it theres a lot out there

Funkyr4 years, 9 months ago

The baseband info is included in the ipsw file, isn´t it?

newb_geek4 years, 11 months ago

I have iphone 3gs on ios 5.0.1 and baseband 5.16.02 HELP!!!!

Patrick4 years, 11 months ago

Your best bet is to install the iPad baseband through Redsn0w. And unlock using Ultrasn0w.

NicholasUchoa4 years, 12 months ago

sry to ressurect this topic but i just wanna ask something. I just finished fixing my iphone but when i read the full guide, i noticed that i might have skipped 1 step which is restore using itunes. I tried to restore but i get the 3194 error. So what should i do ? my iphone was on 4.3.5 but i downgraded to 4.2.1 and bb is 5.16.02

Allen Christy5 years, 1 month ago

I have I phone 3GS version 4.3.3 and firm ware 5.12.02 i have accidentally eras the iphone in the general setting and i don’t have sim i want to other carrier sim please reply any one b

Do you mean that your currently stuck at the Emergency Call screen?

Igor5 years, 1 month ago

I have iPhone 3GS version 4.1(8B117), but i have no wi-fi, no bluetooth, no IMEI, no ICCID and no modem firmware. Im trying to jailbrake it but i cant. Im always stuck at “Flashing Baseband (don’t interrupt)” . Any help ???

Your BB hardware is corrupted & will not work anymore. This is an hardware issue which cannot be rectified via any s/w & so if your still under warranty, you might want to take it to the nearest Apple Store.

thomas5 years, 3 months ago

Hi, i have iphone 3G, n already succeses on jailbreak my iphone 3G using redsn0w_win_0.9.8b7b.
    now i want to unlock it to get signal for my simcard, i following all the step in here. Using redsn0w_win_0.9.8b7b and iPhone1,2_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw for unlocking, but when it showing the option after browse, it seems i can’t find option for “instal ipad baseband”.
    oh yes, i want to upgrade my baseband from 05.14.02 to 06.15.00 because it says you cannot unlock it when it on baseband 05.14.02.
    thank you for the help in advance.

nice5 years, 3 months ago

great instructions: just to help to clarify: had a 3gs with 4.3.5, made a restore to 4.3.3 using itunes. then JB with redsnow 0.9.8 (using 4.3.3 ipsw), but wasn’t unlocked. then realize i needed the ipad baseband (had 05.16.02 and need 6.15.00). got redsnow 0.9.6rc18 (other version didn’t have the ipad baseband option). checked cydia and ipad baseband, it took a while to fetch the ipad baseband, then a while flashing it, then it finished.

installed ultrasnow (1.2.3), reboot, done!

siham5 years, 3 months ago

hi guys
    please if any one can help me
    i did excatly what they said above
    now i have 3g 4.2.1 basband 06.15.00 when i install ultrasnow (repo66.ultrasn0w.com) the version of 1.2.3 is installed and it didnot unlocked my iphone
    any suggestion
    thanks

Explain your situation with more details like what error/message does your iPhone show when the SIM is inserted. Any signal bars? Did you try SIMs from different carriers as well?

sumeet5 years, 4 months ago

thanks a lot mate :)

john5 years, 4 months ago

had jailbroken my 3gs using redsnow then when i try to unlock by down loading ultrasnow it got stuck on apple logo. then tried to restore thru itunes but itunes hang, cannot recognize baseband. now my phone stuck on connect to itunes logo. i tried using redsnow again but hang on baseband fetching error. tried everything but to no avail. please help…
    btw, i was in 4.2.1 upgraded to bb6.15 via redsnow when it all started

Follow it up with a custom IPSW restore. That should get you out of the unwanted iTunes restore errors. Its possible that your having the iOS 4.2.1 SHSH or any others saved. Right? Which all versions did you have listed on top of Cydias homepage like this http://bit.ly/p07pX2.

Sandeep5 years, 4 months ago

Currently I am stuck on the apple logo screen. the BB is already 6.15. So how do u get out of this. Please any help is greatly appreciated.

Bigspringroll5 years, 4 months ago

Hmm, I was trying to restore it to 4.3.3, and got an error 1015… any ideas?

Always use a custom cooked IPSW for your restores in a Pwned DFU state. With stock IPSWs, you will never be able to run a successful restore.

Bigspringroll5 years, 4 months ago

I maybe wrong, but I read that my baseband would have to be updated to the ipad baseband, to be unlock. So that is why i tried to update to the ipad basband. I was using redsnow rc 18.
    How do you get redsnow to recognized the iphone, if it loops?

Bigspringroll5 years, 4 months ago

My iphone 3gs, was on 4.3.3, jailbroken, baseband 5.12.02.
    So I was trying to update the baseband to the IPAD one.
    I downloaded the non custom IPSW 4.3.3, ran redsnow, then select Install IPAD baseband, it was flashing and then it rebooted with the apple logo over and over.
    So can you help me?

Why did you update to an iPad BB? You were already on an Ultrasn0w unlockable BB version.
      Did you use the latest Redsn0wrc18 ? Seems like you have used the tethered JB version of Redsn0w. See if your able to come out of the recovery loop by running the Just Boot Tethered Now option of Redsn0w.

You might want to try FixRec43 to kick you device out of the recovery loop. Follow this http://bit.ly/qbir0p.

Sandeep5 years, 4 months ago

Guys, I am on 4.3.3 3gs. I tried to re jailbreak as Cydia was not working. Now I am stuck on the Apple logo screen. My Baseband is 6.15. I unlocked it before but only when Cydia was not working i tried to re jailbreak using redsnow and now I am in deep shit. Any help is really appreciated

You reinstalled Cydia when it actually existed on your device already with a re-jailbreak. You might want to try FixRec43 on your device to see if that’s able to get your device out of the loop.

otomatiq5 years, 4 months ago

AwEsOme !! … It works just as what you’ve written.
    thanks very much mate … (“, )

John5 years, 4 months ago

Hi, iPhone 3G user here. I’m trying to update the baseband using redsn0w to unlock my iPhone, but it won’t work.
    When I jailbreak it WITHOUT the iPad baseband update option everything worked fine, but when I choose the iPad baseband update redsn0w finishes loading everything and rebooting and says “Everything will be done on your phone now” or something like that, but I just get a black screen and nothing happens.
    Help?

Run Redsn0w again, but this time choose only the Just Boot Tethered Now option alone and continue. I hope RS infact did some installation on your iPhone before your screen went black.

Rathin4 years, 1 month ago

while installing ultrasnow in jailbroken iphone 3g 4.2.1 it stucked during second rebooting, then doinig ‘Jut Boot Tethered Now’ using redsn0w_win_0.9.6b5  on that mood stuckedon pineapple logo. what to do?

Mitchell5 years, 4 months ago

The USB cable didn’t trigger it. Did my iPhone brick itself?

Don’t think so. I guess its stuck in a DFU loop. Try the Redsn0w>>Just Boot Tethered Now option.

Mitchell5 years, 4 months ago

I got it to power up after a little bit of playing around with RedSn0w. I looked at the info, and the baseband is at 6.15.00 so the iPad part worked, and Cydia successfully installed. Got my T-Mobile sim card to work too, made a call and all went well. But if it shuts off for any reason it goes right back into DFU mode. What should I do?
    EDIT: Correction.. The phone shut off when I was installing music apps from the App Store, and now it will not even recognize on my computer. I can’t power it on without the power button, and i can’t get iTunes to open it. Please help!

Pull out the USB cable and plug it in back into your iPhone (whilst still connected to the PC). It should come back alive. Its best that you get the Power Off button repaired ASAP. That’ll resolve more than half of your worries.

Mitchell5 years, 4 months ago

Nevermind! I just tried it again, and it hung up, then I did the Just Boot Tethered Mode Now, and it started right up! Thank you so much for the help!

Mitchell5 years, 4 months ago

Yes, it has 4.3.3, so I downloaded the firmware for it, and went through RedSn0w to have it update to the iPad firmware and install Cydia. It goes until it says Flashing Baseband (don’t Interrupt!) and freezes then goes black after a few minutes. Am I missing something?

Mitchell5 years, 4 months ago

After I run that option it flashes a few screens, a pineapple logo pops up and the phone goes back to a black screen. Is that normal? I’m guessing I then run RedSn0w again and retry?

Choose the right bootrom version for your iP3GS. Have you done that right?

Mitchell5 years, 4 months ago

Hello, I have a 3gs with 5.16.02 and a broken power button.
    Because of the button I had to use the trick of modifying a restore file to trick it into DFU mode, and then use redsn0w to flash the actual patched one over to unlock with the iPad baseband.
    Every single time I try to flash it, the process makes it to the pineapple screen, and works fine until it hits ‘Flashing Baseband (don’t interrupt)’. It hangs up for a few minutes then heads right back to a black screen. At this point it won’t even let me restore my original backup… so I’m kinda screwed. Are there any ideas on how to fix this and get this thing jailbroken and unlocked? Thanks!

It means your stuck in a DFU mode loop. Rerun RedSn0w but this time only tick the Just Boot Tethered Now option and continue.

robert5 years, 5 months ago

Hi i would like to ask the redsnow can’t identify the firmware. once it ask browse the firmware is not in the option and also i think the firmware should appear as an icon mine only a folder pls. help…
    thanks…

Have you downloaded the necessary IPSW files relevant to your iDevice ? Your iDevice details like iOS/BB/Model ?

daniel5 years, 5 months ago

hi, i am from Africa
    i have iphone 3G 4.2.1 with 05.15.04 BB jailbroken with redsnow but not upgraded
    to ipad BB
    i am not concerned about GPS, but how bad is the no signal problem i saw from various posts after upgrading to ipad BB and unlock with ultrasnow

No Service problem is at times caused by SIM specific problems/network issues such as 3G and so on. Sometimes one particular SIM causes this whilst others work just fine. All you need to worry about is the GPS loss functionality which you may/may not loose at all (Where the possibility of loosing it is very very minimal). These are just chances that you need to take and things that you need to expect if in case it happens.

bobkalye5 years, 5 months ago

my red snow is faililng to fetch ipad baseband for my phone 3g, with 4.2.1 firmware please help me to upgrade my base band to 6.1.5

Follow the instructions as I have mentioned here to get RS up and running perfectly.

SAAD5 years, 5 months ago

i have i phone 3gs 4.1 i downgrded 06.15.00 but when i unlock by ultrasnow 1.2.3 after restrat iphone one massage came “COULD NOT ACTIVE CELLUALRE DATA”
    I m fedup kindly help.

The APN details for data connectivity is missing. You’ll need to enter your APN settings within the iPhone by going to Settings>>Network>>Cellular Data. In case you don’t have this option, access http://unlockit.co.nz from your Safari browser over a Wi-Fi connection and download the APN settings for your iPhone carrier network.

Saurabh5 years, 7 months ago

Hi mate ! I have reached to the stage which you have described above which is i am on 4.1 with the ipad baseband 06.15.00 and now i want to update it to 4.3.2 but it gives 3194 error i tried everything but still it is not working. could u please help me to sort out this problem ?? thanks a lot.

Saurabh

Error 3194 means either you do not have SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.2.1 or you have falsely edited your HOSTS file. Use this guide http://goo.gl/qTorp for more help.

josh5 years, 8 months ago

Hi guys i have an iPhone 3G 4.1 baseband 5.14 i try following all the steps but y it gets stuck waiting for reboot any ideas please help!

Use the precautions in this guide and if it still stucks at “Waiting for reboot” step, use another PC or Mac around you. Its the issue with computer, not with your iPhone.

DjT5 years, 10 months ago

Hi. Had a question.

When I am JBing with redsn0w (after custom bundle with Pwnagetool on an iPhone 3Gs old bootrom on 4.2.1) in step 5, do I have to select the Custom Firmware (created with Pwnagetool) or stock IPSW?

Thanks.

leoniltarget5 years, 10 months ago

for everyone who is having an error “fetching baseband error”.. Just turn off your firewall and it will work! Thanks!

Festus5 years, 11 months ago

Hi, I just upgrade my iphone to latest version 4. I need to unlock it too. What are the baseband? How can I find the current baseband on my iphone? cause seemes you guys talk of 5.x.x an 6.x.x things. Any one can explain in details please

Rohit5 years, 11 months ago

Folks,
    Any news on 3gs 4.2.1 tethering which needs every time phone is resarted……

MAC5 years, 11 months ago

I also can not restore thru iTunes because I get a 1601 error every time. Sometimes iTunes doesn’t even recognize my phone.

MAC5 years, 11 months ago

I have an iPhone 3G that’s on iOS 4.1 BB 05.14.02 I believe. I’ve tried NUMEROUS times to JB via RS0.9.6b6 following every direction above. I may have the iPad BB due to failed JB but since my iPhone is stuck in recovery mode (iTunes logo) I am unable to check my baseband. every time I try 2 JB with redsn0w, I get stuck @ “waiting for reboot”. I’ve tried switching USB ports, waiting n I’ve even downloaded the ipsw numerous times from various links online. I’ve uninstalled/downloaded/reinstalled both iTunes and redsn0w. I’ve also tried iReb only to get stuck @ “waiting for ibss”. I’ve spent this past month trying to figure this out, including hours of reading google results for this issues. PLEASE, if ANYONE can HELP ME, I’d sincerely appreciate it. Happy New Year all.

MAC

EazyRyder5 years, 11 months ago

So if I DO NOT check enable multitasking, will multitasking not work once I jailbreak!?
    And if this is the case, why is it even an option? I’m just guessing but wouldn’t people just want the battery percentage and multitasking to work period?

Enabling multitasking on iPhone 3G definitely effects its performance and batter, thats why it is optional for 3G users. If you are iPhone 4 or 3GS user, you can enable multitasking and battery percentage without any performance issue.

Maxo5 years, 12 months ago

Hi there, I tried to upgrade the baseband on my 3G as described above, but after it gets to “Uploading ramdisk” stage, Windows gives me message “redsn0w.exe has stopped working” and the phone screen shows some hard drive logo with message “Downloading Jailbreak Data”. But the phone freeze and nothing is happening anymore. Can somebody help, please? Thanks a lot…

brandon5 years, 9 months ago

I had this same problem. If you are using windows 7, run “redsn0w.exe” in winXP compatibility mode.

One more step of setting process affinity to CPU 1 is explained here

Rohit6 years ago

will this iREB works for 3gs also?

Rohit6 years ago

I have Upgraded my Iphone 3gs from 3.1.3 to 4.2.1. while updating by mistake i restored with itunes store. didnt use custom file. before that i have upgraded my baseband to 6.5. Now my phone is stuck on Itunes latest logo with USB. Unable to restore the custom .ipsw file, getting error 21.
    I have windows xp.
    please help me to get out this..Thanks

Wolverine6 years ago

Did you saved SHSH blobs for iOS 4.1 (or less)? 2ndly before using custom IPSW, use iREB to put your iPhone in semi-jailbroken state. Download iREB from here and see instructions here. And yep, you can bypass 21 using iREB!

Rohit6 years ago

No. I didnt save SHSH Blobs. when I try with iREB it is getting stuck at ” Waiting for iBSS”. not going further.

Wolverine6 years ago

Make sure to open iTunes in background when using iREB. Also press the “Check” button whenever iTunes will detect your iPhone in recovery mode!

Rohit6 years ago

I could restore to 4.2.1 using custom ipsw. But still unable to jailbreak… tried to install cydia using redsnow and now cydia not opening when i tried to open.
            need help…

Rohit6 years ago

Thank you …. finally i could jailbreak and unlock 4.2.1 on my iphone 3gs.

brian6 years ago

I have similar issue. used redsn0w to upgrade. Seemed to work fine as i was able to make a call when finished. however when i clicked on the Cydia app it gave message that phone was out of memory delete pics (i have 6gb free). i deleted pictures and tried to re-open cydia app and now my phone has completely locked up. froze with apple logo (and data wheel below) and now it’s stuck in recovery mode. re-ran redsn0w (only choosing cydia option) and it reloaded (through completion) rebooted and still stuck in recovery mode. Any suggestions?

derek6 years ago

my iphone 3g is stuck in recovery mode after failed jailbreak attempt not sure what my baseband or what ios im running either please help..

Wolverine6 years ago

In that case, download iREB from here and restore to stock iOS 3.1.2 IPSW. If you fail then you might have upgraded your baseband to 06.15.00 and in that case, you can only restore to the custom IPSWs (not stock) made by PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze.

Beezy6 years ago

this happen to me how do i restore or whatever to get it to work

Jag6 years ago

worked for the second time.. i have a 3gs which had a 4.1 with baseband 05.14.02

franklin6 years ago

Can anyone help me please

I trying to unlock an iphone 3G with redsnow. everything goes fine until it says flashing baseband and won’t go through. Tahnk you for your help

Wolverine6 years ago

Try again. My iPhone also stucked on flashing baseband part once but it worked 2nd time!

darsxon6 years ago

hi, i have a 3gs which I upgraded to 4.2.1 by itunes then tried to jailbreak it by this method that you described but every time it will stuck to basband flashing (don’t disturb) for a while then comeback to itunes logo and nothing happen.

MIsty6 years ago

Mine is doing the same thing. Have you found a solution for this yet? and if you have please share. ):

Wolverine6 years ago

Whats your previous baseband version?

darsxon6 years ago

I had 4.1 before and upgrated to 4.2.1 via ituness then I tried to use use redsn0w jailbreak but I stuck in flashing baseband for while then stucked forever

Wolverine6 years ago

Listen, use iREB from here and restore to stock iOS 4.1 IPSW. If you end up in some error, this means your baseband has been upgraded to 06.15.00 (Because 06.15.00 baseband prevents you from restoring stock IPSWs). Follow the steps here in that case to jailbreak and unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3GS.

darsxon6 years ago

I couldn’t restore it to 4.1 I did everything like the links described but the itunes refuse to restore it to 4.1 because already I have 4.2.1.

please any other Idea :((

Wolverine6 years ago

Are you sure you are using custom IPSW + iREB? I guess you are restoring stock iOS 4.1 IPSW thats why its rejecting or perhaps you have not saved iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs!

MIsty6 years ago

I saved my shsh blobs I thought because I clicked “Make my life easier” on cydia for the brief moment that I had 4.1 installed. Then I was not getting a carrier signal and was told that the only way I could get one was to upgrade my firmware to 4.2 and my baseband to 16, that is when it got stuck in recovery mode and will not boot out no matter what I have tried. I went to tiny umbrella thinking I could downgrade with my shshs on file and every time I connect to it it gives me a DIFFERENT random ECID number and tells me that there are only shshs for my 3g? WHere did they go?

Wolverine6 years ago

@MIsty: Upload me the screenshot of TinyUmbrella when you connect and retrieve your SHSH blobs from Cydia! Also restore this http://bit.ly/fsr1Pq IPSW (after using iREB) and tell me the error code you are encountering.

Willy5 years, 10 months ago

hi, i have a 3g which I upgraded to 4.2.1 by itunes 9 i did the jailbreak by Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 but the basband still 05.15.4. i have tried to upgrade it to 06.15 but dosn’t work with me. Can you please explain with detial what’s the step i have to take.

darsxon6 years ago

Hi misty have you solved your problem?
        if not just do this step.
        1- download this file: http://bit.ly/gwcmay
        2- use reb to make it semi jailbreak:
        3- if you got this error fix it with ireb below

then you have done
        good luck :)

darsxon6 years ago

just forget to tell you you need to restore it by itunes after step 1.

darsxon6 years ago

so sorry for confusing you do the restore after step 2 not step 1.

Wolverine6 years ago

Looks like finally you had a success :) Good news!

darsxon6 years ago

Yap yap
            thanks

No problem! Now start helping others :P

henry6 years ago

Plz am running on a proxy connection and i keep having the error fetching base band….any help avial…ma net connection is working fine…. :( am reallys stuck nd confused.

michel6 years ago

i had upgrade to 06.15.00 but i can nit use cydia and safari???

Wolverine6 years ago

Error message and type???

Gaurav Khanna5 years, 12 months ago

Hi…

I have the same problem. Just updated to 4.2.1 and used redsn0w. Now the problem is whenever I try to start Cydia (For installing Ultrasn0w) or Safari it crashes i mean it does not even open up. For being more clear whenever i touch the icon for a milisecond it shows that it is opening but then nothing happens it goes back to homescreen.

Help….

Rohit5 years, 12 months ago

Hey
          Install Cydia again using redsn0w latest version Redsn0w 0.9.6b5.

Silberg6 years ago

My issue is, that I Didn’t upgrade my iP3gs 4.1 mc to 4.2.1 before I used redsn0w and flashed the base band to ipads’ … Now I am stuck where redsn0w has done its job and the final pineapple logo is showing, and right after, instead of starting, I get the iTunesCable logo. Every time. I’ve tried everything it seems, But nothing helps. Please … Can anyone help me? Btw I use Windows xp 32 bit …

Wolverine6 years ago

You are sticked into recovery mode loop due to iOS 4.2.1 baseband protection. Restore to stock iOS 4.1 (iREB helps) and use the above procedure.

Silberg6 years ago

I cannot restore. iTunes gives me the 1015 error. And geoHotz tool for fixibg 1015 errors dosen’t do the job … I guess, after running redsn0w and the iPad bb, I now have the iPad bb, But am not sure, cause the phone is stuck. Can I restore to any fw, with other software than iTunes?

MIsty6 years ago

I am having the same problem (the 1015 error message when trying to restore due to stuck on recovery mode screen). ): I am thinking if I use pwnage tool to make a 4.2 ipsw that I may be able to get out of recovery mode, but I am not sure and dont have a Mac so I will update if this works for me when I use my friends computer. If anyone else has a solution on how to take the 3gs 4.2 out of recovery mode please share.

Silberg6 years ago

After restoring in iTunes (via the “fake appleserver”, and the 1015 error shows…), use TinyUmbrella to exit recovery mode. And Bam!! The iPhone should boot up like normal…

MIsty6 years ago

I tried the timyumbrella to boot out of recovery and it does boot it out and then reboots it right back to recovery again!! it is a unending cycle. Please help!

OA6 years ago

I updated to 6.15.0 and still stuck with the loops of DFU and RecBoot and TinyUmbrella don’t seem to fix that problem. Any thought?

Wolverine6 years ago

Recboot and Tinyumbrella will never fail to kick your iPhone out of recovery mode if you are on iOS firmware other than iOS 4.2.1. Only 4.2.1 users cannot kick their devices out of recovery mode due to baseband protection.

Christiaanator6 years ago

Redsn0w jailbreak finished but didn’t change my firmware.

I have 3G,4.1 (8B117), 05.14.02, so want to upgrade to 06.15.00 for unlock, and I did the Redsn0w jailbreak/upgrade and it fetched the iPad firmware and finished, “the rest will take place on your device”, but nothing…
    Under settings i’m still on 05.14.02.

Say what????

Make sure to choose Install iPad baseband option in step 8

Christiaanator6 years ago

I did all of the above steps. I managed to successfully jailbreak, upgrade to 06.15.00 a 3GS that was on 05.15.04, but i’ve got two 3G iphones here that i did the exact same with and they’re firmare just won’t change. Weird. Redsn0w says “done” but it didn’t work.
        I got one bug with the 3GS phone, it won’t send text msgs.? I thought i’d upgrade the 3G phones to 4.2 and then try the Redsn0w process, but when I do that through itunes I get a connection (9006) error. And here i’ve also tried deactivating firewall, added itunes to firewall acceptions et.

Wolverine6 years ago

First your iREB for iPhone 3GS and then give it a shot. Better restore it to stock iOS 4.1 and then jailbreak it using above method using Redsn0w.

Christiaanator6 years ago

Yeah the iREB worked for the itunes error and i succesfully restored stock iOS.
            BUT the redsn0w jailbreak didn’t work it actually put me back into a “connect to itunes” mode…

Christiaanator6 years ago

Another thing is i read that I should open redsnow with Windows XP compatibility. But my redsnow is a zip file and when i try and extract it says cannot extract file (winrar diagnosis).

Seeing that i’m on the recovery mode now, is the perhaps because the new 06.15.00 has been uploaded, because when entering redsn0w, redsnow accepts the 4.2 ispw now…?

But now i get stuck on Waiting to Reboot screen and un-and-replugging device doesn’t help.

Thanks for the help by the way Wolverine.

yellaji6 years ago

while im jailbroking it is showing baseband fetched error how to solve?

saladino6 years ago

well it worked , i changed the extention from zip to ipsw and it worked :D
    now i’m on the stage where it says Flashing Baseband don’t interrupt with a pineapple logo ! thanks a million for ur help bro !

You are most welcome :)

darsxon6 years ago

I have the same problem but couldn’t mange it. after stcking in flashing baseband nothing will happen and my iphone goes to apple logo and freeze :(

Joel5 years, 9 months ago

Same to me, did u fix it?

saladino6 years ago

hey guys , i have iphone 3gs with ios 4.1 with carrier 5.14.02 already jailbroken , i download redsn0w but how do i restore to iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1 using iTunes 10.1 .. i don’t get the ipsw file ! help please !

Wolverine6 years ago

Is it old bootrom or new bootrom model? If new, this tool will only do a semi-tethered jailbreak on your device! Anyways, you can download iOS 4.2.1 IPSW for iPhone 3GS from here and iOS 4.1 IPSW from here.

saladino6 years ago

how do i know which bootrom i have ?

Wolverine6 years ago

If you are on Windows, use iDetector http://bit.ly/hQdoIA

OA6 years ago

How I check my bootroom if my iphone is on DFU mode? I’m using Mac btw

saladino6 years ago

sorry , i downloaded the file so i get a zip file when i open redsn0w and browse i don’t get the ipsw file to upload that’s actualy my main problem

Wolverine6 years ago

No, you must have downloaded the wrong file. The firmware file should have .IPSW extension (NOT .ZIP)

rafaromano6 years ago

You have to rename it to a .ipsw… In my case windows didn’t recognize, so I had to go to the old e good DOS!!!
          To make things easy rename on windows to something short, like “iphone.zip”. Then, on Command Prompt go to the folder where you saved and type: “ren iphone.zip iphone.ipsw”
          This way windows will recognize the apple file…

rafaromano6 years ago

to restore to iOS4.1 go to iTunes10.1, with your phone connected and click “restore” with “shift” pressed. Then select the file 4.1 or 4.2.1 that you’ve already donwloaded. After restore use the redsn0w…

rafaromano6 years ago

hey, what about the other options like “enable multitasking”? If I don’t enable it will work anyway? Thanks.

Wolverine6 years ago

You can again use Redsn0w and repeat the same procedure to enable multitasking, remember to choose “Enable multitasking” option (ONLY) 2nd time.

Emin6 years ago

Hey Guys … i need help please

I have got an Iphone 3g 4.2.1 05.15.04 and i tryed to unlock but …

when I bundle The IPSW 4.2.1 and pressed “Install Cydia” and “Install Ipad Baseband” but after I am in DFU mode there is the message “Fetching Ipad baseband error”
    Could someone Help?? :(

Wolverine6 years ago

Make sure your internet connection is working. Due to huge load, Apple servers are busy at the moment. Try again sometime later.

k-dizzle6 years ago

internet is fine, still not working. any suggestions?

Wolverine6 years ago

Have you unlocked your device?

k-dizzle6 years ago

obviously not. i restored using the 4.1 ispw, then i plugged it in and ran redsn0w but redsn0w keeps saying “baseband fetching error” and to check my internet connection. cant jailbreak or unlock it at all… wondering why so many days passed and no one has figured out the fetching error thing yet…

Cleco6 years ago

I have the same issue, how can i solve it?

Walid6 years ago

I have this problem in my iPhone 3G can i know if you use Windows XP ?

killox6 years ago

wooooow!!!! tesing whit 4.2.1 done!!! im so glad thx (y)

killox6 years ago

stil testing but good edea

Gary6 years ago