iPhone Dev-Team has just released Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 for Windows and Mac OS X users. You can use Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 to upgrade the baseband of iPhone 3GS/3G (05.14.xx or 05.15.xx) to 06.15.00 so that it can be unlocked with the latest version of Ultrasn0w (v1.2). Unlike PwnageTool 4.1.3, you can use Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 without needing iPad iOS 3.2.2 IPSW as it can fetch the iPad baseband files directly from Apple servers.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 4.1/4.2.1 & Upgrade iPhone 3GS/3G Baseband to 06.15.00 With Redsn0w 0.9.6b5:
- Download and install iTunes 10.1 from here
- Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 for Windows & Mac OS X
- Download stock iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1 IPSW for your iPhone
- Connect your device to your PC or Mac OS X and restore to iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1 using iTunes 10.1
- Now lauch Redsn0w, click on the Browse button and choose the same IPSW which you manually restored to your iPhone in the previous step by using iTunes.
- Redsn0w will now process and identify your firmware file
- Once Redsn0w has successfully identified the firmware file, click on Next button to patch the firmware.
- Choose Cydia and Install iPad baseband from the given options. Click YES to close the warning message.
- Turn off and plug your device to your computer.
- Now put your iPhone in DFU mode. For that you will need to quickly hold Power button , after holding the Power button for 3 seconds, you will now have to hold Home button for 10 seconds. After that release Power button but keep holding Home until the installation automatically begins.
- Wait while Redsn0w fetches the iPad baseband files for your iPhone and patch the firmware.
- Thats it! Now you should have fully jailbroken and unlockable iPhone 3GS/3G with 06.15.00 baseband version.
Unlock iPhone 3GS/3G Baseband 06.15.00 With Ultrasn0w 1.2:
Now that your baseband is exploitable by Ultrasn0w, you can unlock it easily. Just follow the step-by-step guide here to unlock your iPhone 3GS/3G with Ultrasn0w 1.2.
Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback