DjayB6 (@DjayB6 ) and msft.guy (@msft_guy) has released PwnageTool bundles to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 final on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom) and iPhone 3G. You can use these bundles to patch the latest version of PwnageTool and jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 4.2.1 without upgrading its baseband.
NOTE: This is a semi-untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom) users. Semi-untethered jailbreak means they need to boot into jailbroken state on every restart inorder to SSH or use Cydia on their device. However iPhone 3G users can enjoy full untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak on their devices but they still need official AT&T SIM card to activate their devices as this bundle for iPhone 3G do not support hacktivation at the moment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This guide is for expert users only or for those who can't wait for official PwnageTool update by iPhone Dev-Team. We never recommend our visitors to use these unofficial bundles to jailbreak their iDevices.
Steps to Patch PwnageTool 4.1.2 with iOS 4.2 PwnageTool Bundles:
- Download official iOS 4.2.1 firmware for your device from here
- Download PwnageTool 4.1.2 from here
- Download iOS 4.1.2 PwnageTool bundle for your iPhone model from the links below:
- Right-click on PwnageTool and select Show Package Contents
- Now navigate to Contents/Resources/ and drag or copy PwnageTool bundle file in FirmwareBundles directory
- Once done, launch the PwnageTool and select iPhone 3GS, 3G, 4 option as shown in the screenshot below:
- Now PwnageTool will detect iOS 4.2.1 IPSW for your device automatically. If it fails to detect, switch to Expert mode and browse to the IPSW you downloaded in step 1 manually.
- Rest of the jailbreak procedure is similar to iOS 4.2.1 GM jailbreak on iPad using PwnageTool bundle. Just follow the guide from step 9 and onward to jailbreak your iPhone.
Download iOS 4.2.1 PwnageTool bundle for iPhone 4 (iPhone3_1_4.2.1_8C148.bundle.zip) (iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_v0.bundle.zip)
Download iOS 4.2.1 PwnageTool bundle for iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom) (iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a.bundle)
Download iOS 4.2.1 PwnageTool bundle for iPhone 3G
NOTE: When booting into jailbroken state after iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW restore on your iPhone, make sure to download tetheredboot file from here. Also you need to copy kernelcache.release.n90 and iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu from iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW to tetheredboot directory before using the following commands at Termnial app.
Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback
./tetheredboot iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu kernelcache.release.n90