As a Halloween treat, iPhone Dev-Team has released Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 which will jailbreak iOS 4.1 final on iPhone 4/3GS/3G, iPod Touch 4G/3G/2G (non-MC) and iOS 3.2.2 on iPad (Wifi/3G). Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 is based on the same bootrom exploit which has been used in Geohot’s Limera1n tool.
Update via MuscleNerd:
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 2G (Non-MC models)
- iPad (iOS 3.2.2)
Unlike previous versions of Redsn0w, Windows users can use Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 to restore custom IPSW of iOS 4.1 that are cooked by PwnageTool for Mac. Though Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 will jailbreak iOS 4.1 on all the said devices untethered, but it’ll upgrade your baseband to 05.14.02 on iPhone 3GS/3G and 02.10.04 on iPhone 4. So all those who rely on an unlocked phone should stay away from Redsn0w and should use PwnageTool 4.1 instead. If you don’t rely on an unlocked phone, use the guide below to jailbreak your device on Windows and Mac OS X with Redsn0w 0.9.6b2.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4/3GS/3G, iPod Touch 4G/3G/2G & iPad iOS 3.2.2 with Redsn0w 0.9.6b2:
*Find download links at the end of post
- *Download iTunes 10.0.1 for Windows | Mac OS X.
- *Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 for Windows | Mac OS X.
- *Download iOS 4.1 firmware compatible with your iDevice.
- Restore iOS 4.1 IPSW using iTunes 10.0.1 to your iDevice.
- Once iOS 4.1 is successfully restored on your iDevice, run Redsn0w.exe and click on the “Browse” button. Select iOS 4.1 IPSW you downloaded in step 3.
- Check “Cydia” and click on the next button.
- Check Enable Multitasking, Homescreen Wallpaper and Battery Percentage. Please note that this step is optional, if you don’t want to use these options, simply uncheck them.
- Turn off and unplug your device from your computer.
- Connect your device in recovery mode. For that you will need to quickly hold “Power” button, after holding the “Power” button for 3 seconds, you will now have to hold “Home” button for 10 seconds. After that release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” until the installation automatically begins.
- Now leave the rest for Redsn0w, your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed. You should have a fully jailbreaked iPhone/iPod Touch on iOS 4.1
Download iOS 4.1 for iPhone 4/3GS/3G and iPod Touch 4G/3G/2G
Download iOS 4.2 beta 1/beta 2/beta 3/GM for iPhone 4/3GS/3G & iPod Touch 4G/3G/2G
Download iOS 3.2.2 for iPad (Wifi+3G)
Download iTunes 10.0.1 for Windows & Mac
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 for Windows | Mirror
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 for Mac OS X | Mirror
[via Dev-Team Blog]