Apple introduced AirPrint feature in iOS 4.2 which allows you to print your documents, photos, emails, web-pages etc wirelessly (over a Wifi connection) with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. Apple removed AirPrint support in Mac OS X 10.6.5 (Snow Leopard) at the last stage before its launch because of some technical or patent issues. Following guide will allow you to activate AirPrint feature on OS X 10.6.5 for using shared printing on your iOS device.
Steps to Enable AirPrint Feature on OS X 10.6.5
- Make sure that your system is updated to latest Mac OS X 10.6.5
- Download the AirPrint Activation files given here and copy them into following three specific system locations:
- Copy file urftopdf to location /usr/libexec/cups/filter/
- Copy file apple.convs to location /usr/share/cups/mime/
- Copy file apple.types to location /usr/share/cups/mime/
* Overwrite any existing files if prompted.
That's it! Enjoy the wireless printing experience on your iOS device. [via lifehacker]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback