This a step-by-step guide to remove all Google and FastClick ads from Cydia to make it load faster. To apply this tweak, you have to SSH into your device and edit a file called package.js in Cydia.app directory. This guide is applicable to all models of iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
Steps to Block Google & FastClick Ads from Cydia:
- To SSH into your device, you must install OpenSSH and to access the files within root directory, you must install afc2add from Cydia. Download WinSCP from here and follow the guide here to SSH into your device. If you are on Mac, use this guide to SSH into your device through Cyberduck.
- Browse to Applications->Cydia.app from your SSH client and find the file named package.js
- Drag package.js on your desktop and open it with Notepad on Windows or with TextEdit if you are on Mac OS X.
- Now find if (depiction == null) and replace it with if (depiction == null || true) as shown in the screenshots below.
- Thats it, now save the file and drag it back to Cydia.app and overwrite the old package.js app.
Reboot your device and open Cydia. Browse through any Cydia app and see the difference in speed yourself. Checkout the example below:
Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback
LEFT: Before applying tweak, RIGHT: After applying the above tweak