Apple introduced AirPlay feature in iOS 4.2. AirPlay allows you to stream videos, music and photos from your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad to Apple TV 2G and AirPlay enabled speakers. By default, Apple AirPlay feature is restricted to Youtube app only but with AirVideoEnabler app available in Cydia, you can use AirPlay feature via any third party apps or Safari in your iDevices.
Steps to Enable AirPlay in any iOS App on iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad
- Make sure your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad is jailbroken on iOS 4.2.1. Refer to this guide for step-wise procedure to jailbreak your iDevice.
- Open Cydia and go to Manage > Sources.
- Tap on "Edit" button at top right of screen.
- Tap on "Add" button at top left of screen.
- Add source http://cydia.zone-mr.net as Cydia/APT URL.
- Now go to "Search" tab, search for "AirVideoEnabler" app and install it.
That's it! You should now be to stream videos, music and photos via any app right from your iDevice. Have a look at video demo of AirPlay feature being used in Safari and other apps.
[via 9to5mac]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback