Finally! As promised, iPhone Dev-Team has released Ultrasn0w (v1.2) tool to unlock iOS 4.1/4.2.1 on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G. Ultrasn0w 1.2 can unlock 01.59.00 baseband on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS/3G basebands 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04 and 06.15.00.
Unlock 05.14.xx & 05.15.xx Basebands with Ultrasn0w:
If your iPhone 3G/3GS has 05.14.xx or 05.15.xx baseband, you can still unlock your device by first upgrading your baseband to 06.15.00 and then using Ultrasn0w 1.2 for the unlock. Download PwnageTool 4.1.3 from here and follow the step-by-step guide here to upgrade your iPhone 3GS/3G baseband to 06.15.00. Once done, skip the jailbreak methods below and jump straight to the unlock guide after the break.
Update: Instead of using PwnageTool 4.1.3, use Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 to update iPhone 3G/3GS baseband from 05.14/05.15 to 06.15.00. It don't require you to download iPad iOS 3.2.2 IPSW plus its available for both Windows and Mac OS X users.
Before you may proceed to unlock, you can use the following tutorials to jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1. Once your iPhone is jailbroken, you can follow the step-by-step unlock guide after the break:
Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3GS & iPhone 3G:
You can jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G by using the following tools:
- Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 (Windows & Mac) [For iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G]
- Limera1n (Windows | Mac) [For iPhone 3GS only]
- GreenPois0n (Windows | Mac) [For iPhone 3GS only]
- PwnageTool (Download | How-to Guide) [For iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G]
- Sn0wbreeze (Download | How-to Guide) [For iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G]
Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone 3GS & iPhone 3G:
You can jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G by using the following tools:
- Redsn0w 0.9.6b4 (Windows & Mac) [For iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G]
- PwnageTool Bundles (NOT RECOMMENDED) [For iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G]
Unlock iPhone 3GS/3G on iOS 4.1/4.2.1 with Ultrasn0w:
- Open Cydia app on your jailbroken iPhone.
- Tap on the Manage tab at the bottom followed by tap on Sources section
- Now tap on the Edit button on the top-right of Cydia and then tap on the Add button on the top-right. Enter http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com as Cydia/APT URL and tap on Add Source button.
- Now wait while Cydia downloads and updates its repository list
- Once you are done with adding Ultrasn0w repo, click on the Search tab at the bottom and type Ultrasn0w in the search field.
- Tap on Install button on the top-right to install Ultrasn0w unlock on your device.
- Reboot your device once installation has been completed.
Thats it, now you can use your iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G on any unofficial GSM or 3G carrier around the world. Cheers!Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback