Download RecBoot 1.3 for Windows, Mac OS X & Linux

RecBoot has been updated to v1.3 with an improved, clean and user friendly UI. Just like previous versions, you can use RecBoot 1.3 to put your iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad into and out of recovery mode with a single-click. So its pretty useful for those who have broken "Home" or "Power" button and they need to downgrade their iDevice firmware.

Downlaod RecBoot v1.3 Download RecBoot 1.3 for Windows, Mac OS X & Linux
RecBoot 1.3 can detect your device in recovery mode (if its already in recovery mode) plus now you don't need to copy iTunesMobileDevice.dll into RecBoot's directory to make it working. All you need is .NET Framework v4.0, iTunes 9.2 or above and LibUSB installed on your system in order to successfully run RecBoot 1.3 on your PC. [via JB]

Download Links:

Download iTunes 10.1 for Windows & Mac OS X
Download .NET Framework v4.0
Download LibUSB
Download Recboot 1.3 for Windows
Download Recboot 1.0.2 for Mac OS X
Download Recboot 1.0.2 for Linux

Update#1: RecBoot 2.0 has been released. Click here to download.
Update#2: Download RecBoot 2.1 for Mac OS X 10.5.x and above.
Update#3: Download RecBoot 2.2 for Mac OS X 10.5.x and above.

Angel6 months, 1 week ago

If some can help me it be great.

So I got this phone from a friend, and it a iPhone 4 is disable and I can’t put a password anymore just the emergency called thing, and also I can’t restore or dfu it because the power bottom is broken. And when I go to iTunes it just tell me that *random person name* is disable and I have to restore it when I can’t because of the power button.if some can help me it be great.

Eyotalo10 months, 1 week ago

i cant seem to get the one for the windows please help

ER10 months, 4 weeks ago

Will you be releasing the windows source code?

Patrick Gumban10 months, 4 weeks ago

Hi, we’re not the creators of Recboot. It was created by The Core-Dev Team. :)

Lisette1 year, 1 month ago

hey i have an ipod 4th gen 8 gb my kids played with it an know it says ipod is disabled try again it 22,852,480 minutes what in the world do i do to fix it? please help

technologycrazzy1 year, 5 months ago

to all users who wanna get out watch this….. :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ5uSbYjns4

moha djalil dz1 year, 6 months ago

wtf download link not working

felipe1 year, 7 months ago

dowload link isnt working!!!

rose1 year, 7 months ago

I have the same problem with my ipod 4th gen but it has a white screen after repairing the screen…..will this put it back to normal?/

Ashley Woodrow-smith1 year, 7 months ago

hey, I did a tethered jailbreak on my iphone 4 and whenever i try to restore it i get an error….will using this programme help me get past that error? thanks

Patrick Gumban1 year, 7 months ago

Hi, what iOS version are you on?

Ashley Woodrow-smith1 year, 7 months ago

6.0.1, but i jailbroke it by tricking it into thinking it was just 6.0 … :S

Alex1 year, 11 months ago

Hey so I have alot of important information on my phone. It is in Recovery mode, and I was wondering if making it exit like this will save or lose the data

guest122 years, 3 months ago

Willl this work for iphone 4S on 5.1 in recovery mode? Trying to get out without restoring. Thanks,

Vince2 years, 3 months ago

fixed my iphone 3gs v4.0.1 first time.thanks team for a great job.
    make sure you rear the instructions you can’t go wrong

Tye2 years, 4 months ago

my ipod 4th gen wont turn on only when i attempt to restore it it gives me a little bit of life before it gives me an error than the ipod switches back off to black screen when i plug it into itunes it reads that its therethan a lil popup comes up and says there is an ipod touch thats in recovery mode would you like to restore it than when i select restore it comes on to the apple logo and has a little rotating cirlce of dots below it than the error occurs norally (28) or (9) but mainly 28 any advice…..

Mhk2 years, 7 months ago

i restored my iphone 3gs with custom 4.3.3 and it restored successfully but even after the completion of that? process it was still stuck in? dfu mode please help me thnx

ashlie2 years, 10 months ago

HELP! i am trying to “downgrade” my ip3G from ios 4.2.1 to ios 3.1.3. I keep getting an error message when I try to launch recboot to remove my ip from recovery mode…same message as Sully, below is receiving. How can I fix this? I am not a real computer friendly person when it comes to do these kind of things, so i need a simple fix solution in easy understanding terms..lol. thank you!

You cannot downgrade your device to iOS 3.1.3 if you don’t have the SHSH saved for your device on Cydia. Are you sure that you have one? Also, RecBoot is quite outdated & hence I wouldn’t encourage you to use the same.

Sully2 years, 10 months ago

My error says it cant find the itunesmobiledevice.dll in the program files, but it is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support . Why is it asking where it is, if it is actually there? Help is much appreciated.

Can you explain what exactly is it that you are trying to achieve using Recboot?

Sang2 years, 10 months ago

Hi; I was just downgrading my jailbroken iPhone 3G from iOS 4.1 to 3.1.3,

everything went perfect until I was supposed to use recboot and get out of the screen with the usb port, white arrow, and the itunes logo.

I’ve been trying to use recboot, but it my computer keeps giving me a pop-up saying:
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will …… close immediately

Access to the path is denied.

I tried updating my .NET to 4.0 and rebooting the computer, but recboot still won’t run. Is there anything I can do to fix this – or to just be able to use my phone?

You should always use a custom IPSW for your downgrades. Try using iReb to kick your device out of the recovery loop. That should work.

CC2 years, 10 months ago

I have an iPhone 3Gs that ran 4.2.2 ( i believe ) and it was jailbroken, I did “Erase all data/content” under settings and it just froze at the apple loading screen, when i plug it into my computer it doesnt even detect it, how do i get out of it?

That’s incorrect. There is no such iOS version. Probably you were on 4.2.1. How do you JB this device? Was it a tethered JB?

Jo2 years, 10 months ago

I have an iPod touch 3G I updated to 5.0 and everytime I try to down grade it gives me error 20. And I have all the things download you talk about here and it still won’t downgrade. I would love some help please

Do you have the necessary SHSH saved for that particular iOS to which your trying to restore to?

zack2 years, 10 months ago

did not work for me sorry.. i would click exit recovery mode and the usb pointing to itunes logo would dissapear and the apple sign would come up twice.. and then would just go back to the picture of the usb pointing to the itunes logo again.. and it just keeps doing that

Did you by any chance restore your device just by running TU at the background w/o really having any SHSH saved for your device / iOS?

HAROON2 years, 10 months ago

I have an iPhone 3G iOS is 4.2.1 & BB version is 6.15 it has been jailbreaked, the phone always hang and cant even pass in slide to unlock screen (maybe because of lots of apps) so we decided to restore it using itunes.

Itunes always give me an error 1015 everytime I try to restore it. And it said that its disabled and have to restore it but how can i restore it if the itunes wont let me.
    Also i tried different methods for restoration. I tried to use redsnow entered in DFU mode, then shift+restore in iTunes and choose Custom Firmware but iTunes said its not compatible >.deactivate>then a RAM DISK appeared> A FLASHING NOR pineapple > then APPLE LOGO then it will get stuck here :(

I TRIED THE LINK POSTED ABOVE BUT ONCE I run the firmware it gives an error saying firware not supported

please help

You need to use a custom 4.2.1 IPSW instead of using the stock version of the same from Apple for your restores. It errors out at 1015 because you already have an updated BB installed on your device. Create one using Sn0wbreeze v2.2 http://bit.ly/puOynD & restore to that instead. Make sure that your using the right 4.2.1 IPSW for your iP3G.

Bilal2 years, 11 months ago

Can You Explain In A Little More Detail (If You Don’t Mind)

If you didn’t understand anything, continue reading the last 2 sentences of my previous comment.

Bilal2 years, 11 months ago

Hello

I am having a big problem (I’ll Try My Best to provide you with clear details and I hope you understand)

Recently I had my iPod Touch 4G working great (Jailbreaked and Un-Jailbreaked)
    But after some weeks on iTunes I got to know that an “4.3.5 Update” is available for my iPod Touch 4G So I Did It

After it I got to jailbreaked it but “Tethered”
    I didn’t liked it at all so i thought to downgrade it back to 4.3.3 But I got an error by iTunes “An unknown error occured 3194″

I searched alot on Google and I got to know about Tinyumbrella I Installed It and did everything on it

At last it was restoring on iTunes But an error “20″ Same on firmware 4.3.2,4.3.3 and 4.3.4 But same error

One thing I can’t understand is when I restore my iPod on firmware 4.3.5 it successfully restores even without Tinyumbrella

Now You May Now My Point I Want To Downgrade My iPod Touch 4G From 4.3.5 to 4.3.3
    PLEASE HELP !!!
    I hope you are satisfied enough with my explanation
    Anyone who is pleased to help me Please Help ME !

First you need to understand that Apple doesn’t sign any version of the iOS other than the latest one being pushed out by iTunes which is iOS 4.3.5 & hence the successful restores. You need to have the SHSH saved for iOS 4.3.3 (or any other particular iOS version which is not iOS 4.3.5) in order to downgrade your iOS either by Cydia / TU. On iOS 4.3.5, jailbroken, fire up Cydia’s homepage & have a look here http://bit.ly/qS5bjW. Only if you see iOS 4.3.3 listed here will you be able to restore to that particular version & if not, you can forget about it and stay on iOS 4.3.5 itself.

Jazhmine3 years ago

I’m running out of option, please help me.

Pramod3 years ago

Download the custom IPSW for the iP3G from here http://bit.ly/k1DeYH & restore to that instead by putting your iPhone into a pwned DFU mode with Redsn0w. Using a stock IPSW inspite of having an updated BB will always error out. So avoid using them.

AShortie3 years ago

My phone has this screen (the one you provided in the link), can I use RecBoot to get out of this screen?

Roenick3 years, 1 month ago

Please need helpp.. Went to shop to fix my Phone but didnt work.. …
    what happened is..its started when i was updating my phone, Worked fine but after few minutes phone went off. tried to switch it on but didnt work then i restored it again and then it worked… and then again.. no battery Icon on Charging, no nothing its kinda dead.. Only working when im restoring it and that too getting stuck in half and im getting all types of error :- 36* 9* etc etc …also the big errors tooo … also showing that ur phone is in recovery mode.. sick of trying all the softwares to kick recovery modes also tried to update different Iphone ISO .. tried like 6-7 different ISO backup but didnt work..my Phone is 3G ..Iphone… please help me make it work and i will be really bless please please thankss

What is your iP3G’s iOS & BB versions? You might need to actually do a custom restore of your iOS if you have an updated BB version.

Janis3 years, 1 month ago

I just spent over an hour trying to figure out Recboot for Windows. Finally, after giving up, it took me 5 minutes to exit recovery mode with Recboot for Mac. Amazing!

jose3 years, 1 month ago

por favor necesito ayuda urgente. el programa recboot no se me abre en windows 7 por favor alluden….gracias

Read my previous reply to Fred and follow. Recboot is quite outdated.

Fred3 years, 1 month ago

I have windows 7 copied the dll file to the right place
    ran the program it rebooted the iphone but still in recovery mode
    have any ideas?

Use iReb by iH8Sn0w to get yourself out of the Recovery loop on 4.3.3. Follow this: http://bit.ly/k8MNtA. In case it doesn’t work, you can use the standalone FixRecovery package from TinyUmbrella available in this guide: http://bit.ly/lN0uF4 instead.

Kyle3 years, 2 months ago

I finally get everything downloaded and installed, then i hit enter recovery mode, and it says that it is entering it, but my ipod 2g 4.2.1 doesnt do anything, ive been searching everywhere for a way to get to DFU mode but my home button is broken, any help?
    also on windows, with recboot 1.3

Kyle,
      Recovery mode is different from the DFU mode. It seems like your trying a Restore. Can you please explain as to what are you trying to achieve?

Clinton3 years, 3 months ago

My error is saying it cant find the itunesmobiledevice dll in the program files, but i know where its located, its in program files (86x)

It is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support

Hisham3 years, 3 months ago

hi i’m getting an error message microsoft.net framework, unhandled exception has occcured in the application : access to the path is denied”

what can i do to fix it and use recboot

Download and install Microsoft .NET Framework from here http://bit.ly/irzruu

Hisham3 years, 3 months ago

thanks for the immediate reply, but i’m trying to to use recboot to bypass the iphone disabled connect to itunes, but it’s not working, any ideas?

You can not use Recboot to hacktivate your iPhone. To hacktivate you must use a jailbreak tool. Now i am not sure if you are talking about recovery mode or emergency call screen. Do your screen look like this http://i.imgur.com/nRzLB.jpg?

Hisham3 years, 3 months ago

no it reads “iphone is disabled, connect to itunes” and a slider to make emergency calls only, there is no option to type in a password or anything

Ahh! You probably mean this screen http://i.imgur.com/oYOjP.jpg right? Tell me your current firmware and also if you rely on an unlock or not?

Apple Hater3 years, 4 months ago

Didn’t work for me. I unzipped and double clicked on the icon and I get an error message. So not only is my iphone fcked, so is this program. Thanks for nothing.

What error message you are getting? Please provide us with some details?

Paul Maddox3 years, 4 months ago

Worked fine on my iPad 1. Thanks.

I did have to run the app in Administrator mode though and make sure iTunes was closed.

brad3 years, 5 months ago

THANK YOU!
    I had a problem running it on windows 7. gave me an error about not being able to find file iTunesMobileDevice.dll. I searched my computer and it was not thewre. I copied it over from a defferent comeputer. Then next time I ran I had a new error about not enough rights, so I right clicked and ran as admin. It worked after that. Hit Exit recovery mode buton and that was it. THANK YOU!!!!

DJ Raff3 years, 5 months ago

Guys, Thanks a million,
    I was on holidays latelt with 100s of photos,
    Went to update my iphone 4 today
    and displayed this message

Enter recovery mode
    only options to restore
    thus i would loose all data and photos

thanks , I kicked it out of recovery mode and I am bacing up now

Blessing to ye.

iPhone OS 4.X3 years, 6 months ago

Worked for me, just followed instructions. Now I’m able to sync the phone again, going to make a backup and get a new phone.

Thank you a billion times! :)

Sor3 years, 6 months ago

I just tried it. Windows XP/SP3, iPhone 3GS 4.0.2
    It still goes back in recovery mode after picking exit recovery. ><

Jay3 years, 6 months ago

Help ):
    I can’t get Recboot to detect my iPhone.
    I really need help. Thanks~