Once you have jailbreaked iOS 4.2 on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, you must install AppSync OS 4.2 to install cracked apps on your device. AppSync 4.2 will help you to sync all cracked apps on your device with iTunes by patching the MobileInstallation file on your device otherwise iTunes will automatically delete all cracked apps from your device whenever you will sync it with your computer.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Hackulous is now officially gone, so you won't be able to download AppSync from the repository anymore. As an alternative, you can use other Cydia repos to download AppSync from: (Best Cydia Repos 2011, Best Cydia Repos 2012, Best Cydia Repos 2013)
Steps to Install AppSync 4.2 to Install Cracked Apps on iOS 4.2:
To install AppSync 4.2 on your device, follow the step-by-step guide below:
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iDevice.
- Tap on the Manage tab at the bottom followed by tap on Sources section
- Now tap on the Edit button on the top-right of Cydia and then tap on the Add button on the top-right. Enter cydia.hackulo.us as Cydia/APT URL.
- Tap on Add Source button followed by Add Anyway button to accept the Source Warning message.
- Now wait while Cydia downloads and updates its repository list
- Once you are done with adding repo, click on the Search tab at the bottom and type AppSync for OS 4.2 in the search field.
- Tap on Install button on the top-right to install AppSync 4.2 on your device.
- Thats it! Once you are done, restart your device to complete the installation.
Note that AppSync 4.2 not only allows you to sync cracked apps with your PC but also allows you to bypass most of the installation errors which you may encounter while installing the jailbroken apps. Errors like Corrupted IPA or Unsigned Application can be easily bypassed by installing AppSync to your device.