Now Use TinyUmbrella to Kick iPhone Out of Recovery Mode

The new TinyUmbrella (v4.1.8 and above) not only allows you save SHSH blobs of your iPhone but also allows you to kick your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad out of recovery mode with 1-click. Incase RecBoot, EasyiRecovery or iReb fails to kick your device out of recovery mode loop, you can always give TinyUmbrella a try.

When iTunes throws 1014 or 1015 error during the firmware restore, it means your firmware restore is complete now and your device is stucked in recovery mode. Just launch TinyUmbrella and it will detect your device in recovery mode. Click on Exit Recovery button to kick your device out of recovery mode.

TinyUmbrella Now Use TinyUmbrella to Kick iPhone Out of Recovery Mode

Alternatively you can right-click on the name your device name from the side panel of TinyUmbrella and select "Kick out of Recovery".

Kick out of Recovery Mode Now Use TinyUmbrella to Kick iPhone Out of Recovery Mode

Before you may download and install TinyUmbrella, make sure you have latest version of iTunes and Java Runtime Environment installed on your PC or Mac. You can download JRE for your OS from here and iTunes from here.

Update#1: With LAST DFU sofware, now you can put your iPhone into DFU mode with a single click. Click here for more information.
Update#2: Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) to fix iOS 4.2.1 recovery mode loop issue.
Update#3: Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) to fix iOS 4.3 recovery mode loop issue.
Update#4: Download TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3.2/4.3.1 to exit recovery loop
Update#5: Download TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3.3 to exit recovery mode loop

Download Links:

Download TinyUmbrella for Windows
Download TinyUmbrella for Mac
Download TinyUmbrella for Linux

Also Recommended:

xam11 months, 2 weeks ago

my problem is still same. no screen showing? no apple logo? but laptop beeps as i connect iphone or hold power & home buttons. any solution please?iPhone unlocked from yuppieunlock.blogspot.com

raquel1 year ago

i have a passcode on my iphone and itunes cant recognize it, it asks me to put the passcode on the iphone which i cant since its on recovery loop. tiny umbrela cant see it either because of this i believe. any suggestion? thx

Sophia1 year, 3 months ago

:) lol that was simple, could almost kick myself.  Thank you.

Rose1 year, 3 months ago

Dude I love you so much. Yes Homo

Giles1 year, 4 months ago

Hi there, i get error -1  wen I try to restore my iphone 4, any help will be great PLEASE!!

Jen1 year, 6 months ago

I used Tiny Umbrella to kick my iphone 3g out of revovery mode and it works fine except I cannot upload any apps.  It says I need an upgrade to 4.3.  My SHSH blobs are saved in Cydia but I do not have the Cydia app on my iphone.  Any suggestions?

Ben1 year, 7 months ago

Dude…I am having the exact same problem as CheekySam and cannot get this phone out of recovery mode.  I can’t restore the phone because it gives an error message…I don’t necessarily want to restore and lose everything.  All, I want to do is get my phone out of recovery mode.  it went into the recovery mode when I tried to update the iOS……also, my home button doesn’t work from dropping it in a toilet….but that happened 6 months ago and I’ve been using it without the home button for the last 6 months.Help?  Anyone?  I’m desperate and going insane!Please help!!

Sam1 year, 9 months ago

Guys… If your in a loop, Don’t use TinyUmbrella (thats what put my phone into the loop :S) What I did was restore it (leave it in Recovery Mode) on another computer that you have never synced before. I used a PC (I usually synced on a Mac). See if that works!

cheekysam1 year, 9 months ago

Hi, I just got the message “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery
    mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.”
    after an unexpected update. I’ve run TinyUmbrella’s EXIT RECOVERY to no
    avail. It keeps looping back into restore mode  a second after the
    USB/iTunes window disappears and the Apple logo finally appears. On the
    left side of the TinyUmberellas window, my iPhone appears as ? a number.
    After running EXIT RECOVERY, a second number appears and another one
    for each time I run it. Can anyone help? I cant get it out of DFU mode.
    Thanks for any help you can offer.

CheekySam1 year, 9 months ago

After hours of attempting to use tiny umbrella to kick my phone out of DFU mode I ended up using the latest redsnow program instead, I downloaded the latest iOS firmware 6.0.1 and used redsnow to reinstall the firmware onto my iPhone, I did have a little problem in trying to get my phone into recovery mode, but one I got it into recovery mode redsnow took care of everything and my iPhone is now working great. The problem with my iPhone was to do with 6000 ms files on my iPhone were missing and corrupt, so redsnow allowed me to reinstall late firmware, you can also use redsnow  to install a downgrade firmware

matt1 year, 10 months ago

iphone 4 is stuck in recovery mode and every time i hook it up too tiny umbrella it says device not connected? anyone? help?

Ikk2001 year, 8 months ago

Exact same problem here :(

Tyler (Jaxov Team)1 year, 8 months ago

A couple things to try: 1. Make sure you have the latest version of TU 2. Make sure to run TU as administrator

xacs1 year, 11 months ago

PLEASE HELP – I attempted to update to IOS 6 last night. I awoke to
    “Connect to iTunes” and have been lost since. As I didn’t want to lose
    the data on the phone, I read many sites that suggested using
    TinyUmbrella. I “Exited Recovery” and now my phone is not recognized via USB at all.
    The state of the phone is a black blank screen, but the backlight appears to be
    on. I have tried to restart the phone to get some sort of response by
    holding power + home, just power, just home. All with no success. Any
    point in the right direction would be extremely appreciated as I hope I
    am not just lost without data. Thank you.

Aronk2 years ago

it worked wonders!!!!!!!!i was able to recover my data in just a click … thanks a ton

uzzirider2 years ago

You know if this works on error 21 stuck on recovery mode? I’m desperate!

rattle_zg922 years ago

I seem to have the same problem as well. My iphone has been stuck on the “plug into itunes” screen for a while after I tried doing a factory reset on my jailbroken 4.2.1 iPhone 4. I’ve tried kicking it out of the loop with Tiny Umbrella or restoring with a custom .ipsw using snowbreeze but all I’m getting are various kinds of errors (1, 16xx,200x, 21 and 26)

Sam1 year, 9 months ago

I had that… Restore your iDevice with another computer that you have never synced with before… I don’t trust TinyUmbrella anymore, That is what put mine into the loop :S(P.S. I usually use a Mac, Restored on a PC that my iPhone has never been synced with before)Good Luck!

little miss grateful!2 years, 5 months ago

amazing – thank you Soooo much for tinyumbrella upload and instructions, kicking my iphone out of recovery mode, without having to restore settings and therefore SAVING all my honeymoon photos. extremely grateful for this info. cheers …

armansayadyan2 years, 8 months ago

Isn’t there any other way to activate without the official carrier SIM?

Jacklord2 years, 8 months ago

@armansayadyan Yes, you can try installing SAM.

Kenneth2 years, 9 months ago

thankyou very much, you saved my ipod touch 4g……!!!

lauren3 years ago

This program is amazing. I have windows 7, and just updated my ipod touch 3g to 4.3 when it went into recovery mode. Tinyumbrella saved my ipod!!

manik3 years, 2 months ago

i am having error 1015 and i did the same way you described in this guide to exit the recovery mode but it is still asking for a valid sim and only emergency calls are done from my iphone and my jailbreak has been lost and my cydia contents are all gone.What is the use of saving shsh blobs and how can i use them

FixRecovery will only get you out of the RecoveryLoop which in your case it is already done. The Emergency Call screen is shown for official activation via iTunes. You’ll need to put in the official carrier SIM that came locked to your iPhone & Connect the iPhone to iTunes for activation. Once completed, your iPhone will be set back to normal.

madam3 years, 3 months ago

Worked perfectly on windows (iphone 3G), cant thank the creator enough for the wonderfull program. tried so many other and failed. once again thankyou!

roden1 year, 9 months ago

hi, can you help me on my iphone 3g, i updated it and it now stuck in recovery mode. whenever i restore it, i just got error 1015.. pls do help me..u cn contact me on my email perhaps

Sebastian3 years, 3 months ago

when i click “exit recovery” my iphone disconnects, turns off then back on with the apple logo and goes straight to the recovery mode screen. how can this be fixed?

What is your current firmware version?

Sebastian3 years, 3 months ago

was on 4.2 and it did this and went to 4.1 for some reason. how i got it to work again is beyond me because out of pure anger, i slammed the iphone on the ground and it started loading the firmware on its own and now im able to use it, but for some odd reason its back on 4.1

Bla3 years, 4 months ago

This really worked- I can’t believe it. My phone was stuck in recovery mode and I had tried everything including RecBoot which just gave me an error message. It’s now fully operational as normal!!Hallelujah!!Thank you so much!!

Kenny Tran3 years, 5 months ago

hey! so i have one iphone 3gs that is on 4.0.1 jailbroken. can i save the shsh blog using tinyumbrella on that iphone and use it to downgrade anther iphone 3gs that is on 4.3?

Nops! SHSH blobs are unique for every iDevice. Thats because they are generated using ECID which is unique for every iDevice out there.

Fay3 years, 5 months ago

TinyUmbrella worked like a charm!! Thanks a lot…i had over 1000 photos at stake when my 3GS got stuck in recovery mode.

SY3 years, 5 months ago

I am having iPhone 3gs and upgraded to iOS 4.2.0 and then Jailbreak using RedSn0w (redsn0w_win_0.9.6b5) but the jailbreak didn’t success and in my iphone getting the iTune logo with the cable. I tried to restore with itune, but it too didn’t work and finally facing the error 1015 (The Phone “iphone”) could not restored. An unknown error occured (1015). Could you please help me on how to fix my issues and make my iphone working?

Will the new version of redsn0w will resolve my problem??? Thanks in advance for your response

Thierry3 years, 6 months ago

TinyUmbrella worked for me as far as getting my 3G out of recovery mode…4.0 is really a lousy OS, I’m now back to 3.1.3 and I’m happy!
    thanks for all the great tuts and comments!

Try iOS 4.1, its even more faster than iPhone OS 3.1.3.

Melo3 years, 6 months ago

You can take your phone to DFU mode and jailbreak with greenpoison.
    I tried and it worked for me.

Leslie3 years, 6 months ago

Is there a solution for those operating on a MacOSX 10.4? I’m stuck because I don’t have 10.5 and nothing seems to work. Can anyone help? Thank you so much.

Danny3 years, 6 months ago

Just walk in to a apple store or try recovering your iphone through a friends laptop that has a higher version of mac or Windows XP n above. Just donwload the tiny umbrella software version 12 and above. It will work 4 sure.

Brianco3 years, 6 months ago

Tiny Umbrella is magical (iP4). Tried RecBoot before (several versions). Thanks guys, also for listing your experiences.

hr3 years, 7 months ago

Tiny Umbrella works!! I tried using RecBoot (v 1.1) and it wasn’t working. Would cilck and nothing would happen. Tried using upgraded Recbook (v 1.3) and was receiving all these errors. Was thinking… ‘Great, here goes another day wasted trying to sort this mess out…’

Tried TU and it worked in a few secs. :) Thanks guys! love you all (in a friendly way :P)

Danny3 years, 7 months ago

tinyumbrella is a life saver for my iphone. I was struggling since the past 4 days trying to restore my factory unlocked iphone4, but the network was interrupted. Finally tried tinyumbrella and it worked like a charm. Thanks a lot to the entire team of tinyumbrella :)

Spencer3 years, 7 months ago

I tried resetting my iphone and it got into recovery mode.. I later tried restoring with tinyumbrella,but that didnt complete and i didnt save the shs.
    I tried using itunes to restore and it gives error 3194… i am deeply worried please help me

Tron3 years, 7 months ago

Im trying to downgrade my iphone 3g 4.0 to 3.1.3

i downloaded tiny umbrella and the iphone restore zip file. i put my phone in DFU mode.

i went to itunes to click shift+restore and it wont let me select the zip folder?

im on windows xp, how do i make that zip file useful??

Jimmy3 years, 7 months ago

Tron,

the problem is with the extension in your .zip file. Manually change the .zip extension to .ipsw and the icon will turn into a cube and itunes should recognize it then. Hope it works.

Val3 years, 8 months ago

TinyUmbrella didn’t work on my iPhone 4. I’ve tried everything but it still goes back to recovery mode. HELP?

TinyUmbrella don’t helps in kicking those devices out of recovery mode who are running iOS 4.2.1. The only way left is to downgrade to iOS 4.1 using custom IPSW.

Tal3 years, 5 months ago

So this hole article is just a joke?

“Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) to fix iOS 4.2.1 recovery mode loop issue.”

Dude, you are confusing yourself. There is a difference between TinyUmbrella and TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery). TU can kick normal iDevices who are stuck in recovery mode while TU-RF only kick those iDevices out of recovery mode which are stuck in infinite recovery mode loop after iOS 4.2.1 restore.

Ron3 years, 5 months ago

Thats NOT TRUE. It worked for me just fine.

Prateek3 years, 8 months ago

Though my iphone did not update but it surely helped my get out of restore mode !!!
    Thank you soooo much !!!

oknees3 years, 9 months ago

TinyUmbrella worked perfectly for me! thanks. warning: DO NOT UPGRADE TO 4.2,my ipad was practically useless on WIFI, so I downgraded back to 3.2.2

micheal3 years, 8 months ago

how did you downgrade from 4.2

JD3 years, 9 months ago

hey
    thanks alot
    but it didnt work with me
    should i open itunes ?
    should the iphone be on or off while I’m applying this ?
    thnx

Tony3 years, 10 months ago

Best program for bringing your iphone out of a recovery mode loop especially. Don’t fear the emergency call mode, embrace it!

ola1 year, 7 months ago

pls help me, my iphone 3gs is jailbroken and i tried updating it and foung myself stuck wit error 1015. my itunes doesnt see my phone again and i cant get my fone into dfu mode cos the home key and the start button doesnt seem to work. pls wat can i do?