Setting custom call and SMS ringtone on iPhone was never so easy until i came across a cool Cydia app called "AnyRing". With AnyRing, now you can set any song or even part of a song as your call and SMS ringtone. Follow the step-by-step guide below to install and use "AnyRing" app on your jailbroken iPhone.
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone.
- Go to "Manage" tab and click on the "Sources" to view your current Cydia sources. Make sure BigBoss repo is added in your repo list, if not use this guide to add missing BigBoss repo to your Cydia.
- Now click on the "Search" tab and type "AnyRing" in the search field to find AnyRing app on Cydia.
- Click on the "Install Trial" button at the top right-corner to install AnyRing app.
- Once installed, follow the steps below to set custom call and SMS ringtone on your iPhone.
- Launch AnyRing app and click on "Start Trial" button.
- Enter your email and click on "Activate" button.
- Click on "Agree" button to accept the license agreement.
- Under the "Select Ring From.." section, click on "iPod Songs" to view all of your current iPod songs.
- Click on any song name and "Use as Default Ringtone" or "Use as Default SMS Ring" options to set that song as your call or SMS tone respectively.
Before AnyRing, the only way to set custom call or SMS ringtone on your jailbroken iPhone was by replacing the default iPhone ringtone with the song (aac format) by SSH'ing into the iPhone through WinSCP or CyberDuck.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback