CLShortFuse at xda-developers managed to create another 1-click root for Android 2.2.1 (FRG83) on Nexus One. Previously rooting on Android 2.2 (FRF91) was possible with Universal Androot which is a 1-click root app for Nexus One, HTC Hero, HTC Magic, Motorola Milestone, Motorola Droid, Dell Streak and many other Android phones.
Steps to Root Android 2.2.1 (FRG83) on Google Nexus One
- First of all you need to setup ADB and install Android USB drivers on Windows.
- Inorder to setup ADB, download Android SDK from here and JDK 6 from here.
- Install JDK 6 you downloaded in previous step.
- Extract android-sdk_r07-windows.zip in (C:) drive such that android-sdk-windows directory in (C:) drive contains SDK Manager.exe.
- Launch SDK Manager.exe, navigate to Available Packages, select USB Driver Package and click on Install Selected button.
- Navigate to My Computer (Icon)->Properties (Link)->Advanced System Settings (Link)->Advanced (Tab)-> Environment Variables (Button)->System variables (Section)->Path (Variable)-> Edit (Button)-> Variable value. Enter the following value as shown in the screenshot.
- Connect your phone in USB debugging mode and let the Windows install the USB drivers for your device.
- Thats it! You are done with the ADB part.
- Download RageAgainstTheCageGUI-ShortFuse.zip from here and extract it in the tools folder located in android-sdk-windows directory in (C:) drive.
- Run RageAgainstTheCageGUI.exe and click on the Go button to root your Nexus One.
- To test your phone whether its rooted or not? Open command prompt and use the following commands.
Note: Use the above guide at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage done to your device after following the above guide. This guide is for educational purpose only.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback