This is a general guide which will explain you how you can use TinyUmbrella software to downgrade your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad using your already saved SHSH blobs. Remember, in order to downgrade your iPhone 4/3GS/3G, iPod Touch 4G/3G/2G and iPad, you must have SHSH blobs saved for that firmware to which you want to downgrade.
To save your iOS 4.0/4.0.1/4.0.2/4.1/4.2 SHSH Blobs with TinyUmbrella, you can follow this guide. iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G users don't need to have their SHSH blobs saved if they are downgrading from iOS 4.x.x to iPhone OS 3.x.x but they will require SHSH blobs in case they are trying to downgrade from iOS 4.x.x to 4.x.x.
- Latest version of iTunes
- TinyUmbrella software.
- SHSH blobs already saved on Saurik server or locally on your hard disk.
- The firmware file to which you want downgrade your device.
Steps to Downgrade iPhone Firmware Using TinyUmbrella:
- Download and install latest version of iTunes from here.
- Download TinyUmbrella for Windows, Mac or Linux from here.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
- Launch TinyUmbrella and click Save SHSH to save SHSH blobs of your current firmware and also to import the already saved SHSH blobs from Saurik server to your local hard disk.
- Once SHSH blobs are successfully imported, go to Server tab and click on Start TSS Server button.
- Now start or restart iTunes if already opened. Click on the name of your device to go to Summary page. Hold down the SHIFT key (ALT key for Mac) and click on the restore button. Now select the firmware file and click on Open button.
- Thats it, now sit back and relax while iTunes restore your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to the older firmware. If you encounter iTunes error 1015, it means your downgrade process is complete. All you need is to kick your device out to Recovery Mode and to do so, go to TinyUmbrella window and right click on the name of your device and choose Kick out of Recovery.
- Thats it! You have successfully completed the downgrade.
If you have any question related to the downgrade procedure above, feel free to ask in comments below.
You may also like to read:
- Download RecBoot to Fix iTunes 1015 Restore Error
- [How To] Install Cydia Without Jailbreaking Your iPhone / iPod Touch Again!
- Download RecBoot v1.3 for Windows, Mac OS X & Linux