How to Use TinyUmbrella to Downgrade Your iPhone Firmware?

This is a general guide which will explain you how you can use TinyUmbrella software to downgrade your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad using your already saved SHSH blobs. Remember, in order to downgrade your iPhone 4/3GS/3G, iPod Touch 4G/3G/2G and iPad, you must have SHSH blobs saved for that firmware to which you want to downgrade.

To save your iOS 4.0/4.0.1/4.0.2/4.1/4.2 SHSH Blobs with TinyUmbrella, you can follow this guide. iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G users don't need to have their SHSH blobs saved if they are downgrading from iOS 4.x.x to iPhone OS 3.x.x but they will require SHSH blobs in case they are trying to downgrade from iOS 4.x.x to 4.x.x.
TinyUmbrella SHSH Blobs How to Use TinyUmbrella to Downgrade Your iPhone Firmware?

Requirements:

• Latest version of iTunes
  • TinyUmbrella software.
  • SHSH blobs already saved on Saurik server or locally on your hard disk.
  • The firmware file to which you want downgrade your device.

Steps to Downgrade iPhone Firmware Using TinyUmbrella:

1. Download and install latest version of iTunes from here.
  2. Download TinyUmbrella for Windows, Mac or Linux from here.
  3. Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
  4. Launch TinyUmbrella and click Save SHSH to save SHSH blobs of your current firmware and also to import the already saved SHSH blobs from Saurik server to your local hard disk.
  5. Once SHSH blobs are successfully imported, go to Server tab and click on Start TSS Server button.
  6. TinyUmbrella Save Your SHSH TSS Server How to Use TinyUmbrella to Downgrade Your iPhone Firmware?

7. Now start or restart iTunes if already opened. Click on the name of your device to go to Summary page. Hold down the SHIFT key (ALT key for Mac) and click on the restore button. Now select the firmware file and click on Open button.
  8. iTunes Restore How to Use TinyUmbrella to Downgrade Your iPhone Firmware?

9. Thats it, now sit back and relax while iTunes restore your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to the older firmware. If you encounter iTunes error 1015, it means your downgrade process is complete. All you need is to kick your device out to Recovery Mode and to do so, go to TinyUmbrella window and right click on the name of your device and choose Kick out of Recovery.
  10. TinyUmbrella Kick out of Recovery How to Use TinyUmbrella to Downgrade Your iPhone Firmware?

11. Thats it! You have successfully completed the downgrade.

Update#1: Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) to fix iOS 4.2.1 recovery mode loop issue.

If you have any question related to the downgrade procedure above, feel free to ask in comments below.

You may also like to read:

Amin1 year, 1 month ago

I get error (-1) and I can’t take my iPhone 4 out of recovery mode to dfu mode. what should I do ????

Patrick Gumban1 year, 1 month ago

Hi, I suggest that you use Redsn0w’s Fix Recovery option (in Extras) to kick your phone out of recovery mode.

nathan stuart1 year, 2 months ago

how do i download the ios 6.1.2 shsh file?

Patrick Gumban1 year, 2 months ago

It’s not something that you can download. SHSH blobs are unique within each device. You can save your SHSH blobs using tools like iFaith, TinyUmbrella and even through Cydia. You need to be in iOS 6.1.2 if you wish to grab the 6.1.2 SHSH file.

louis1 year, 4 months ago

i have itouch 4 gen and it got error code 11 what am im doing wrong.3.1.3 to 3.1.2

faith1 year, 6 months ago

hey pls ma iphone 3g ios 4.1 i tried upgrading it to 4.2 but my phone got jailbroken naw ive tried restoring it using all this steps but tinyumbrella isnt opening in my phon etu keep saying verifying libraries after that it then says reticulatingspines and it doesnt open … what can i do pls reply

Arjun1 year, 10 months ago

Can I downgrade IPhone 4S from IOS 6.0? I have 5.1.1 SHSH Blobs Saved. Or is there anyway to jailbreak my IPhone?

Ballav2 years, 1 month ago

HI i was in big trouble please help me.
    I was using 4.3.3 on iphone 4. I suddenly updated it to ios 5.1.1 then my ios baseband is changed to 04.11.08 Now my iphone doesnot show the network. it shows “No Service”.
    I also havent saved my SHSH blobs while i am updating. Can i downgrade it to ios 4.3.3 so that my baseband is 04.10.01.
    Please please any one can help me.

deivid2 years, 10 months ago

i have i phon 4 end i update it on ios 5 end i need to downgrade to 4.3.5 i use tinyumbrella but i got 11 error can u help me pls

If your looking to downgrade to iOS 4.3.5 for a Gevey unlock, you need not try it because Apple has already stopped signing iOS 4.3.5 & therefore your now stuck w/o an unlock on iOS 5.

peter2 years, 11 months ago

Tinyumbrella not recognizing 3gs i phone have d/loaded newest version?

If your in a recovery mode already, then TU will not be able to detect your device.

HN2 years, 11 months ago

Saved firmware show up in tinyumbrella and also in
    my harddrive(pc)but when i shift n restore it doesnt
    show up in itunes.Please help with this matter.

Use that SHSH to create a custom signed IPSW via iFatih. Use the saved SHSH to create a signed IPSW http://bit.ly/krAj38 to which you can restore to. Redo the JB ONLY via Redsn0w & then complete the unlock procedure by installing Ultrasn0w from Cydia (if necessary). Read this http://bit.ly/lAcuoN. Ofcourse it will not show up in iTunes because you need to point it to the IPSW file of your iOS & not the SHSH itself.

Miguel2 years, 11 months ago

Hi, I have an iPhone 4 that was jailbroken on 4.3.3. I had an issue with the push notifications and FaceTime not wanting to activate so I wanted to restore my phone to 4.3.3 instead of 4.3.5. I followed these steps but instead of error 1015. I get error 1013. Help please?

Joshua2 years, 11 months ago

help please i am trying to restore my iPod 3G to 3.1.3 fallow all the steps then iTunes gives me error 20

Do you have the necessary SHSH files saved for your device? W/o having a valid SHSH, its impossible to restore your device successfully. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX & confirm the availability of the same for your device / iOS first & then proceed.

Roygh3 years ago

Im downgrading my ipad 1 from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 but my ipad stucks on dfu mode when downgrading is finish ..i tried everything to kick it out but nothing is working ..plz help!

Pramod3 years ago

You simply do not have a valid iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blob saved for your device. Using TU w/o any SHSH saved will revert your restore into a DFU loop always. Make sure that you have one saved either by Cydia / TU & then restore. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX & verify first.

Liam3 years ago

Hi I want to downgrade my iPod touch 4g from 4.3.5 to a custom 4.3.3.
    But windows redsnow 0.9.8b3,b4 and b5 won’t let my iPod into dfu mode so I can’t down grade. I have the stock 4.3.3 firmware saved on Cydia/saurik. Any help?

Pramod3 years ago

You need to follow the steps & time your moves exactly as Redsn0w asks you to. Make yourselves familiar with the steps of putting your iDevice into a DFU mode & then retry. Redsn0w can & definitely will put your device into a DFU mode, so no issues there.

Donald3 years ago

many thanks, i will let you know once i done it…

Donald3 years ago

sorry, here they are iOS 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1, 4.2.1+, 4.3

Pramod3 years ago

That’s better !! You can update to iOS 4.2.1 instead.
      1. Back everything up first & download the right custom IPSW for your iP3GS from here http://bit.ly/k1DeYH.
      2. Open up TU & set it to these settings http://bit.ly/qqFuve & quit it. Do not use/open it up anymore.
      3. Next, put your device into a pwned DFU mode. Read http://bit.ly/pioV9v
      4. Now Shift+Restore via iTunes to the custom IPSW that you had downloaded earlier in Step#1.

Done !! Let me know how it goes.

Donald3 years ago

thanks for your prompt reply, could you please provide a link in doing this whole process, do i need to unjailbreak it first and then restore thru itunes then download the latest IOS and then jailbreak it again, if so what are the tools which i need, i am running windows vista, thanks.

Pramod3 years ago

You never really gave an answer for my previous comment. What are the iOS versions that you see on Cydia? Read my previous comment once again if necessary.

Donald3 years ago

I have an Iphone 3GS which is jailbreak from ages IOS 3.1.2 i want to upgrade with the latest firmware and jailbreak it later, how this tinyumbrella will help, can you also provide the complete steps. thanks

Pramod3 years ago

Tiny Umbrella will only help if you have saved your SHSH blobs locally using it. You can update to those iOS versions only which Cydia lists for you here http://bit.ly/qS5bjW on its homepage. What are they?

Wizard3 years, 1 month ago

Hi

I am getting error 1013 all the time.
    Checked my hosts file and commented every apple related entry
    Any other suggestions?

Edit back your hosts file & revert all the changes that you may have done before you got the 10xx error. You need to use a custom cooked IPSW to restore your iDevice created by either Sn0wBreeze/PwnageTool. Using a stock IPSW will always error out your restore process.

amran3 years, 1 month ago

it did not work when I tried it earlier. and now my ipod is in fully black screen no power up.

Are you absolutely sure that your not able to get your device out of the Pwned DFU mode by holding the buttons?

You might need to use a PwnageTool custom IPSW for your restore. Create one using PwnageTool for yourselves by following this guide http://bit.ly/jXG4aC.

amran3 years, 1 month ago

My ipod is in pwned dfu mode I tried to downgrade it starts restoring but stucked in error 1600. my ipod is now fully black screen pls help

Nope, its not. Kick you device back to recovery mode by holding the Power+Menu button for about 15 secs. Once you see the recovery screen/home screen, use Redsn0w instead to put it in a DFU mode. Read this http://bit.ly/pioV9v.

amran3 years, 1 month ago

I have an I podtouch 3G ios 4.3.4 I tried to Downgrade to ios 4.3 Using Tinyumbrella 5.00.07 it was almost done but suddenly it stoped later I tried to restore to ios 4.3.3 then again 4.3 but it shows an error 1600 I dont know what to do Can any one Help Please

You need to put your device in a Pwned DFU mode always & then continue. Only then will you be able to update/restore your IPSWs. Use Redsn0w to do so. Read this http://bit.ly/pioV9v.

John3 years, 1 month ago

I’ve saved my 4.3.3 SHSH for iPad2 after JB and after trying to restore back to original 4.3.3 but went to recovery mode after trying to restore by iTunes.

iTunes can detect the unit on DFU mode, but TU doesnt show any device (both DFU n recovery mode).

Tried using redsn0w n ipsw from iclarified but redsn0w doesnt recognise specified ipsw both 4_3_3_8J2 and 4_3_4_8K2.

Using iTunes to restore using ipsw downloaded didnt help either, kept asking for device driver and after that went to error 1601 and white screen. I dont know what else to try.

Hope you could offer any advice.

Many thanks

Use the latest version of Tiny Umbrella (check TU’s website) for restoring your iPad2 to iOS 4.3.3. Make sure you have saved them first locally & using the TSS Server follow it up with the restore in a DFU mode.

jailbreak3 years, 1 month ago

is it possible to downgrade if I have not saved my shsh blobs?

Definitely not possible. Check if you have any saved using Tiny Umbrella (with the Request SHSH from Cydia option ticked from the Advanced menu) for your device. Else if your on any iOS version < 4.3.4, use iFaith to save one for yourselves.

Richard3 years, 1 month ago

Hello.. Y have a 3g 4.2.1 bb 6.15, and many problems with the Gps, is dead,,, so i want to downgrade, I have save the Shsh form the 4.1. Mi cuestion is this..
    My Iphone is unlok with ultrasnow, wend I finish to downgrade to the old version I have to JB againg ? or Not ?
    Regards in advance………

You cannot downgrade your iPad BB. GPS loss is a common issue with the iPad BB and so downgrading your iOS will not change anything either.

sigit3 years, 1 month ago

it’s said error 1604…

You haven’t put your iPhone into a Pwned DFU state yet. A simple DFU will not work here. You’ll need to put your iDevice into this specific state so that you can restore your custom IPSW.
      Use iReb by iH8Sn0w to get yourself out of the 16xx errors and proceed with the restore. Follow this: http://bit.ly/k8MNtA.

sigit3 years, 1 month ago

i have iphone4 jailbreak firmware 4.3.3 baseband 04.10.01,,i try to downgrade to 4.2.1,,
    but it’s doesn’t work… and my firmware still like before,,,can u help me how to downgrade to 4.2.1?

thanx a lot..

You need to have saved your SHSH blobs on Cydia first. Do you have them on Cydia? Did TinyUmbrella show them to you when you clicked the Save SHSH button?

jaydon3 years, 1 month ago

can i use sn0wbreeze 2.2.1 which i saw in the link u gave me in archived..but i guess that is for windows and i m on mac..do i have to use windows to jailbreak??

Yep, Sn0wBreeze is only for Windows. On a Mac, PwnageTool is the alternative for Sn0wB, but it’ll give you only a tethered JB and not an untethered one. So yes, you need to perform the steps on a Win PC.

jaydon3 years, 1 month ago

sorry promod didnt see ur post i will not use the reply buttton..anyways yes i did set it up as a new ipod but the problem is still there..thanks

I mentioned that you need to use the REPLY button. Not the other way round. :D
      Ok, so finally I see that GP doesn’t work. Well now you can use Sn0wBreeze to create a custom IPSW file and restore to it to get your iPT2G jailbroken. Follow this guide http://bit.ly/puOynD and make sure that you have downloaded the updated version of Sn0wBreeze 2.2.1 instead from http://ih8sn0w.com/ Archived Versions tab.

Jaydon3 years, 1 month ago

i restored it again to fresh ios 4.2.1 and then i used gp…but it says low disk..

(Always use the REPLY button when replying to an earlier topic.)
      Are you trying GP after you have completely synced your iPT2G with your entire library? If that’s case, give it a complete restore, Set it up as a new iPod & then try GP.

Jaydon3 years, 1 month ago

i already tried greenpois0n rc6.1…but when i try to install cydia from loader,,it says low disk..please delete some files or something… the thing is there was 6gb free space..no photos and music.. how can that error come when m restoring everything..that is why i want to downgrade…or any alternative method..

Why don’t you restore completely to a fresh iOS 4.2.1 installation & then use GP?

Jaydon3 years, 1 month ago

i have itouch 2g mc model 4.2.1..i havent saved shsh blog with cydia..cause there is no jailbreak for this,,so i want to downgrade to 3.x.x…or would u recommend any other ways to jailbreak it..thanks..
    and i m on mac..

An untethered for the iPT2G MC model is definitely possible on the iOS 4.2.1 using the latest Greenpois0n RC6.1. Go ahead and download it from here for the Mac & follow this guide: here. (Its all the same, Just follow the same sequence of steps on your iPT2G.)

Anja3 years, 2 months ago

hi,

i have tried all the methods provided by it still doesn’t work. i use the Firmware 4.0 and end up at the emergency call situation again… please help…. im kinda stress out here… i have try from firmware 4.1 to 4.0.1 and lastly 4.0 i tried the emergency call and press dial and quickly press the lock button it doesn’t work… it just take pictures… arrghh!!!!

please help

No worries, just re-run Redsn0w (by ticking NONE of the options available) and point it to your current iOS IPSW version. You’ll be out of the Emergency call screen. Simple. :)

mzoorw3 years, 3 months ago

O2 offer unlocking for £15 for pay as you go customers, I think I’ll get a pay as you go SIM from O2, then call them up to unlock my iPhone 3G as a pay as you go customer as I am no longer in a contract with them.
    Thanks for all your help!

mzoorw3 years, 3 months ago

In reference to your question about my current baseband version according to TinyUmbrella is 5.15.04

You must upgrade your current firmware to iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1 and then upgrade its baseband to iPad baseband http://bit.ly/gI22Px

mzoorw3 years, 3 months ago

Is there any way to do this WITHOUT upgrading to the iPad baseband, I’ve heard it produces GPS issues and I will always have to use custom firmware.

Yep! You MIGHT lose your GPS functionality and there is NO other way to unlock your iPhone 3GS bb 05.15.04.

mzoorw3 years, 3 months ago

Is there any paid route to unlock it? Such as through apple or O2 (my original carrier)?

It is possible. You can call O2 support helpline and see what they say!

mzoorw3 years, 3 months ago

Hey I attempted to install iOS 3.2.1 on my iPhone 3G to do some troubleshooting (from 4.2.1). I now get error 3914 whenever I try to restore the phone after entering DFU state through iTunes. I have never jailbroken it before but after reading your blogs I think this may be my only option. The iPhone is in restore mode and will not exit it, please help!

I think you probably mean iPhone OS 3.1.2. Well yes, do not use TinyUmbrella because you have an iPhone 3G. You do not need SHSH blobs to downgrade firmware. Just remove everything from your Windows or Mac HOSTS file and reboot your PC. Try restoring firmware again. Hopefully this time iTunes will not throw error 3914. Also make sure your computer has an active internet connection.

mzoorw3 years, 3 months ago

Ok I’m rebooting my computer now, why exactly would I get this error?

This error means iTunes failed to get SHSH blobs for your iDevice from Apple server.

mzoorw3 years, 3 months ago

It’s worked like a treat, thanks very much for your help.

On a separate note, you wouldn’t happen to know how to unlock it to any network?

What is your current baseband version?

maj21113 years, 3 months ago

hi, i can only restore back to ios 4.1, i’ve updated my baseband to the ipads one…and ios 4.1 only seems to work..i cnt upgrade to any other custom firmware even..and if i want to upgrade using TSS server (to ios 4.3.3), it doesnt work and the phone gets stuck in the recovery loop and nothing works from there…i can only restore back to ios 4.1… what is the solution if i want to upgrade to ios 4.3.3 ? many thanks bro!

You can restore to iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW only. Why? Because you can not restore stock iOS 4.3.3 IPSW on iPhone 3GS with iPad baseband. To create iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW, either use Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 http://bit.ly/k5I7Qu or use PwnageTool 4.3.3.1 http://bit.ly/jMpbKR. You do not need SHSH blobs or TinyUmbrella to restore iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW. After restoring iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW, if your iPhone get stuck in iOS 4.3.3 recovery mode loop, use this guide http://bit.ly/iMHlBp

Maj21113 years, 3 months ago

many thanks for ur reply dude :)))))

maj21113 years, 3 months ago

bro it keeps giving 1600 error…it just would update to the custom 4.3.3 …i keep getting the 1600 error..althou now i can kick it out of the recovery loop…

To fix 16xx error while restoring iOS 4.3.3 CFW, use this guide http://bit.ly/mKemL0

maj21113 years, 3 months ago

Yay! evrything jst worked out perfectly!!! thanks a lot mate!!!

Ellis3 years, 3 months ago

I have a 2G ipod touch and i followed all of your steps and downgraded it to 4.0 and it still tells me there is a problem with my device

Please help

Thank you.

What problem? Can you explain the error? Also your iPod Touch 2G is MC or MB model?

simone3 years, 4 months ago

hi everyone!
    Mannnn I can’t find my shsh… here the story :
    one or two month ago I cautiously saved my shsh of my itouch4G 4.2.1 with tinyumbrella and now that I upgrade to 4.3.2 I kinda wanna get back to 4.2.1 cause I lost like 30-40 Mo on my average RAM so I couldn’t take no more of that 4.3.2 piece of crap… so I decided to downgrade, therefore I downloaded the latest tinyumbrella but what was my surprise when I figured out that TinyUmbrella could’nt find my 4.2.1 shsh… and instead of it found 4.3 shsh (wich, by the way, I never had installed on my device…) and 4.3.2 shsh that I just saved…
    so here’s the question : Where the hell are my 4.2.1 shsh?
    anyone got a clue?

cheers

If you are on Windows, SHSHs are stored locally in C:\Users\UserName\.shsh Also when you click on Save SHSH button in TinyUmbrella, make sure Request SHSH Blobs From Cydia (Under Advanced tab) option is checked http://i.imgur.com/F7WsZ.png. If not, do hit Apply Changes button after checking this option!

gagan bal3 years, 4 months ago

My ipod is stuck on apple boot logo

waynkon3 years, 4 months ago

Hello,
    Iphone 4 4.2.1 baseband 3.10.01
    Any possibility to downgrade the unlock sim?

waynkon3 years, 4 months ago

*THEN UNLOCK?

Not yet! No ETA but Dev-Team is working on a new NCK unlock method.

Courtnie Nichole3 years, 5 months ago

Okay, i did it but i got an error 1604??

Put your iPhone into Pwned DFU Mode. If you will try to restore custom IPSW without putting your iDevice into Pwned DFU mode, iBoot will error out any of 16xx errors. To fix this error on Windows use iREB and on Mac use Redsn0w.

Trevor3 years, 5 months ago

I have an iPhone 4 that was version 4.1 with baseband version 1.59.00. I was trying to sell my iPhone so I erased all data from my phone. Now it is stuck in recovery mode but I want to be able to jailbreak and unlock it like I did before. Under TinyUmbrella it shows my saved iPhone but when I try to restore through iTunes I click shift + restore and can’t find anywhere where it says ios 4.1 ispw. How can I get it back to version 4.1 with baseband 1.59.00 so I can unlock and jailbreak my iPhone 4??

Place iOS 4.1 IPSW for your iPhone 4 on your desktop and choose it when you press SHIFT+Restore button.

Trevor3 years, 4 months ago

Where can I download ios 4.1? I downloaded it before but when I shift click and go to the file I downloaded nothing opens up. I am running Windows 7.

Thanks,

Trevor

Tell me your iDevice name and model? You can download stock iOS 4.1 IPSW from here http://bit.ly/f3IeRo

Trevor3 years, 4 months ago

I have an iphone 4 that was unlocked and jailbroken. If I download the new ios do I just make sure I am running tiny umbrella when I install it on the phone and that will preserve the lock??

Thanks,

Trevor

What is your current firmware and current baseband? Also you want to upgrade to iOS 4.3.1 or iOS 4.1?

Trevor3 years, 4 months ago

Well I erased all my personal data so the phone is stuck in recovery mode. I did run tiny umbrella and it says the phone has firmware 4.1 and baseband is 1.59.00. but then it says phone is not connected. I don’t know if that is because I erased my personal data.

Trevor

Nops! Erasing phone data has nothing to do with SHSH blobs. So your iPhone is in recovery mode? Have you used Recboot to kick it out of recovery?

Trevor3 years, 4 months ago

I just want to download whatever version so I can unlock my iphone again.

Ok. I think the final way to get your iPhone working is to restore iOS 4.1 IPSW again. For that you need SHSH blobs for iOS 4.1. If you have that, follow this guide http://bit.ly/ikAKG2

Trevor3 years, 4 months ago

Ok, so I have been following this guide, but when I go to restore the iphone to 4.1 I can’t pull anything up to restore it. I downloaded the ios file to my desktop. I do a shift + restore in itunes and go to my desktop where I saved the file, but when I open up the file there is nothing there to install. So, I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Trevor

Make sure the iOS file you have downloaded ends with .IPSW extension. When you do a SHIFT+RESTORE, iTunes wants you to browse iOS files with .IPSW extension only. Once you have selected the .IPSW file, click on Open button and let iTunes to do the rest of the process.

Trevor3 years, 4 months ago

There is no file there that ends in .ipsw. The folder I downloaded is labeled iPhone3,1_4.1_8B117_Restore …. then inside that folder is the following:

Firmware:
            all_flash
            dfu
            ICE3_02.10.04_BOOT_02.08.Release.bbfw
            018-7063-114.dmg
            018-7074-092.dmg
            018-7082-092.dmg
            BuildManifest.plist
            kernelcache.release.n81
            kernelcache.release.n90
            Restore.plist

So there is no file for it to open. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Trevor

Download this file http://bit.ly/dWP0Y7 (iPhone3,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw) and do not alter it in any way. Once downloaded, restore it with iTunes.

Trevor3 years, 4 months ago

I don’t know what I am doing but it is not giving me anything with a .ipsw extension. I download that file, put it on the desktop, and it gives me exactly what I showed you in the last message. So when I try to restore it is not finding an .ipsw extension.

Trevor

Just check this screenshot Trevor. It is after using Shift+Restore option http://i.imgur.com/W2CsR.png

Trevor3 years, 4 months ago

Ok, I deleted the file and tried to install it again, but it still didn’t work. I am not getting what you get on your screenshot. Here is what I am getting:

Not sure what I can do.

Thanks,

Trevor

Got it. There is a file on your desktop which is named iPhone3,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ZIP. You have to rename this file to iPhone3,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.IPSW

Trevor3 years, 4 months ago

Ok, it worked when I did it that way. It goes through the whole update and gets to the end and gives me the following error:

The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1004).

Anything I can do to fix that?

THanks,

Trevor

Just use Recboot to kick iPhone out of recovery http://bit.ly/9zP3WB [Solution for error 1004 is same as error 1015]

Trevor3 years, 4 months ago

Thank you for your help. I was able to restore my iPhone to ios 4.1 and kick it out of recovery mode. Now it is giving me this message:

NO SIM CARD INSTALLED Insert a valid sim with no PIN lock to activate iPhone

How can I now unlock and jailbreak the iPhone? Do I have to do something special with the SIM card or can I unlock it and then use any SIM card?

Thank you again for all your help.

Trevor

Just install Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 by using this step-by-step guide http://bit.ly/i7A1MD

Trevor3 years, 4 months ago

Thank you for all your help. I was able to unlock it and get it out of recovery mode.

Trevor

Finally :D

Trevor3 years, 4 months ago

I know. This was a very frustrating process. Glad for all your help though.

Thanks again

Trevor

Hugo3 years, 5 months ago

I have iPod touch 4g. My iPod touch run on 4.2.1 and i’m using greenpoison jailbreak. Since i’m new to iPod i feel excited to install plugin and customize my iPod . But then my iPod became laggy and because of that, i try to restore it to original 4.2.1 and try to rejailbreak it again. But every time I try to restore the iTunes says error this and error that and I have no choice but to restore my iPod to version 4.3..I use snowbreeze 2.3 beta3 jailbreak in the mean time until I found a way to downgrade firmware because using tethered jailbreak feels bit annoying especially when I’m away from my computer..luckily I found this tiny umbrella tool.I read the guide on how to use it. I save all shsh blob and run TSS server..I can’t believe it I actually downgrade my iPod back from 4.3 to 4.2.1 . Thank god!! Now I can use untethered jailbreak again. I don’t care about feature that iOS 4.3 brought and I will wait until 4.3 untethered jailbreak released. Until then I dont want to update coz tethered jailbreak suck.

Manuel3 years, 6 months ago

I have upgraded my iphone 4 from 4.0 to 4.2.1 and preserved old baseband ussing tiny umbrella, (saved shsh before upgrade). Then used greenpois0n to jailbrake but got the emergency call only screen , so i then did jailbrak with redsnow and worked i then procedded to load a saved backup of my data , did not unlock at this point and forgot to update cydia before so when trying to update cydia it rebooted and now stuck on skull. How can i restore to 4.2.1 using tinyumbrella? Can only put iphone in recovery mode but tinyumbrella does not detect the iphone when plugin.
    Thanks for any help

joe3 years, 7 months ago

I upgraded to my ipad to ios 4.3 and when attempting to downgrade using the usual dfu methods and hosts file editing I received 1015 error which was expected. I used tinyumbrella to exit recovery but no luck as I kept being stuck in recovery mode. My 4.2.1 shsh is saved and I tried different PC etc but no luck. I appreciate if someone can share any solution

josh3 years, 8 months ago

OK idk ive been on that downgrade/restore for like 5hours…
    I have an ipod touch v4.0, 3rd gen, yes 3rd gen even if in umberella and other stuff it says 2nd gen, mine is 3rd gen, and thats how i made the difference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWCNpI8V-jg

Now, in umberella i have:
    Saved SHSHs for Linkcool:
    iPod2G 4.0(8A293)
    iPod2G 4.1(8B117)
    iPod2G 4.1.2(8C148)

means i have my shsh blobs for 4.0 right?

Now, i have my custom .ipsw file of 4.0 ( and 3.1.3 that never worked for restore, but anyways i dont think i can downgrade to 3.1.3 since i dont have it’s SHSHs blobs, right? ). So i started the TSS server in tinyUmberella and shift+clicked on restore in itunes, i selected my .ipsw file for 4.0, and it says: The ipod “Linkcool” could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible.
    AND IM LIKE WHAT!!?!? I did everything i could!

I edited the hosts file in system 32, i searched like 3 hours how to downgrade and to solve this problem. Plus i searched the <> folder and didnt found it so i cant delete it.

Plus, my friend found some iPhone on the snow somewhere ( WOW… ) and he wanted to downgrade it and jailbreak it. I don’t know what was the iphone’s version and i dont think it had some SHSH blobs saved in it or something so yeah, yesterday I just made the iPhone go into DFU mode then I shift+clicked the restore button on iTunes and then I selected that custom 3.1.3 firmware and it started restoring! IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM! Then we just ran spirit, and it worked like a charm too!!!! :D

But my ipod touch wont even restore to 4.0 even though he has the 4.0 SHSHs blobs….Also, im trying to restore because my ipod touch is laggish and works slower than it should in my opinion, so I wanted to restore it. Is there any way to delete daemon applications ( applications running in the background) that slows the ipod touch? And how to find all those daemon applications using terminal ( but find them clearly ).

So yeah in resume my ipod touch doesnt restore because: it’s <>…

Thanks, Josh

josh3 years, 8 months ago

From wich versions of the ipod touch we can downgrade and from wich we can’t?

josh3 years, 8 months ago

If you dont have the SHSH blobs

ely3 years, 8 months ago

thank to tinyumbrella, my iphone 3gs is now working! thank mr. wolverine for ur effort! god bless and more power!

Bek3 years, 8 months ago

Hey, I have an iPhone 4 jailbroke with redsn0w 0.9.6b6,
    i want to downgrade it to ios 4.1
    i have all the steps above and i got

The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1604)
    any idea?
    thanks :D

Bek3 years, 8 months ago

sorry, my iPhone ios is 4.2.1
      xD

Bryan3 years, 8 months ago

I make biggest mistake * i think * my phone was having problem..( no volume and camera don’t work ) so i did backup my SHSH with Tinyumbrella..i see i have 4.1 and 4.2 as Saved SHSH. so i restored..i try to shift and restore..its can’t find my SHSH..so i went on click restore to see what happen..Bang, i have update 4.2. I think i didn’t click TSS Server after i Saved SHSH..is that right. So how can i make my SHSH become Custom IPSW with 4.1. I don’t wait to wait till 4.2 jailbreak come out. ( my hint is 4.2 jailbreak will be awhile ) thanks for Tinyumbrella…its rock, man.

Damien3 years, 8 months ago

i have iphone 3g and saved shsh files on tinyumbrella, but everytime i run tss and do the whole process of downgrading my iphone doesn’t fully go through it hangs on at the last second?
    am i doing something wrong? or did i miss something? idk!
    i had firmware 4.2.1 and tried downgrading back to 4.0

You don’t need SHSH blobs if you try to downgrade from iOS 4.x.x to iOS 3.x.x. So restore to iPhone OS 3.1.2 and then upgrade to iOS 4.0. I hope you will not encounter any errors this time. Can i know your baseband version? FYI if your baseband version is 06.15.00, you can only restore iPhone OS 3.1.2 custom IPSW (not stock) and the same goes for iOS 4.0.

maos13 years, 8 months ago

@Damien did Wolverine’s solution work for you?

@Wolverine I have the same problem. My BB 6.15.00 3G 4.1. I shift-reset in iTunes and get 1015 error. Then I use TinyUmbrella to Exit Recovery. My 3G restarts then re-enters recovery mode. How do I interrupt this cycle?

I even Used redsn0w 9.6b6 without selecting BB again and it the installer hung on Installing Packages phase (about 90% done). Help!

iphone 43 years, 8 months ago

i have a problem i downgraded 4.2.1 to 4.1 but have a problem with erorr 1643 can u helpp me what can i do ????

Use iREB and make sure you have SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.1.

faxzi3 years, 8 months ago

Hello,

I upgraded from 3.1.2 to 4.2.1 yesterday and my iphone 3G now doesnt wake up after it auto locks. Also when i power off the device, it restarts instead of completely powering off.

Is this issue known?

Another problem is, i DONT have SHSH saved from 3.1.2 , can i still downgrade the 4.2.1 installation to 3.1.2

I own an unlocked iphone 3G.

Your help will be highly appreciated !

Yes, you can downgrade iOS 3.1.2 directly from iOS 4.2.1 without SHSH blobs on iPhone 3G. Cheers!

Camilo3 years, 9 months ago

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to downgrade ipad from the actual version 4.2 to 3.2 Thank you

Only if you have saved your SHSH blobs for iOS 3.2 on Cydia.

Camilo3 years, 9 months ago

Thanks for the answer . I have another question. Right now I have my ios 3.2 ipad jailbreaked, so i have a lot of apps downloaded I know that if I upgrade right now to ios 4.2 i am going to loose all this apps, but what happens if i downgrade again?, how do i recover the apps i had before, do i have to downlod them again? Or there is some way i can back uo those apps before i upgrade so that way when i downgrade and jalbreak again i still have the same apps. I really appreciate your help on this one.

goodnie3 years, 9 months ago

u can back up your cydia downloaded apps with a free program called ifunbox it will save your ipa files

Decadron693 years, 9 months ago

Also, is there any way to save other SHSH’s that are not in my iPhone’s Cydia? like 3.1.3, 4.0.2, etc.

Decadron693 years, 9 months ago

Is there any way that downgreading my 3GS can be unloked? I have 4.1 now but I saved 4.0.1 and 4.0 in tinyumbrella. My firmware is 05.14.02.

No, downgrading your iPhone firmware doesn’t mean it will also downgrade your baseband version.

Warren3 years, 10 months ago

My restore hangs a the last sixteenth of an inch for hours and hours.

iPhone model and firmware version?

gammer3 years, 7 months ago