Geohot's Limera1n is available for download now. Limera1n tool can jailbreak iOS 4.0 and iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G and iPad. Below mentioned is a stepwise guide to jailbreak your iPad on iOS 3.2.2. Limera1n is currently available for Windows only, Mac and Linux version is expected to arrive soon.
Steps to Jailbreak iPad on iOS 3.2.2 using Limera1n
- Download Limera1n tool from here.
- It's recommended to backup your data on iPad with iTunes before using Limera1n.
- Connect your iPad with computer via USB cable.
- Launch Limera1n.exe you just downloaded and click click "make it ra1n" button.
- Limera1n will put your iPad in recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, you will need to put your iPad in DFU mode. Hold Home+Power buttons simultaneously to begin the process to enter in DFU.
- After few seconds, you will see following message on iPad "release power button". Do as instructed, release the Power button as soon as you see this message but keep holding Home button.
- Hold Power button till you see following message on Limera1n.
- Once your iPad is in DFU mode, Limera1n logo will appear on your iPad screen indicating that jailbreak is in progress.
- Wait till you see following messages indicating that your device has been successfully jailbroken.
- That's all! You should have your iPad fully jailbroken on iOS 3.2.2. Tap on Limera1n icon on your iPad and install Cydia. Make sure your device is connected to internet before installation.
Update1: Jailbreak iOS 4.1, iOS 4.0 on iPhone 4, 3GS with Limera1n [Video Tutorial]
Update2: Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G / 4G on iOS 4.0, iOS 4.1 with Limera1n [Video Tutorial]
Update3: Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone, iPod Touch, Apple TV & iPad with PwnageTool 4.1
Update4: Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4/3GS/3G, iPod Touch 4G/3G/2G & iPad with Redsn0w
Update5: Guide to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 & iOS 3.2.2 on Windows with Sn0wbreeze 2.1