As we all know that Geohot has just released his much awaited tool Limera1n which can jailbreak iOS 4.0 & iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, 4G and iPad as well. To jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS (Old or New Bootrom), use the following step-by-step guide below.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS with Limera1n:
- Download Limera1n from here.
- Download and install iTunes 10.0.1 here.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and start iTunes.
- Make sure your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS is on stock iOS 4.0 or iOS 4.1. If you rely on an unlocked device then DO NOT upgrade to iOS 4.1 directly from iTunes, otherwise it'll upgrade your baseband to 05.14.02 on iPhone 3GS and 2.10.04 on iPhone 4. However if your are iPhone 4 user, you can use TinyUmbrella to update to iOS 4.1 while preserving your baseband.
- Launch Limera1n.exe
- Click on make it ra1n button. Limera1n will now put your iPhone into recovery mode.
- Once your iPhone is in recovery mode, you'll see the following image on your device screen.
- Now hold Home+Power buttons simultaneously and keep your eye on the Limera1n tool.
- Release the Power button as soon as you see the following message on Limera1n window but keep holding the Home button.
- Hold the Home button until Limera1n detects your device in DFU mode.
- Wait while Limera1n jailbreaks your device. Once its done, you will see the following confirmation messages.
- Turn on your device and you'll see Limera1n app installed on your iPhone. Open Limera1n app and install Cydia from it. You may uninstall the Limera1n app once Cydia has been successfully installed on your device.
Unlock iPhone 4, 3GS on iOS 4.0 / 4.1 with Ultrasn0w:
Once your iPhone is jailbroken, you can use latest version of Ultrasn0w to unlock your device, provided that your iPhone baseband is not 2.10.04 / 05.14.02. You can find step-by-step guide to unlock your device with Ultrasn0w 1-1-1 here.
Update1: Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G / 4G on iOS 4.0, iOS 4.1 with Limera1n [Video Tutorial]
Update2: Jailbreak iPad on iOS 3.2.2 with Limera1n [Video Tutorial]
Update3: Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone, iPod Touch, Apple TV & iPad with PwnageTool 4.1
Update4: Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4/3GS/3G, iPod Touch 4G/3G/2G & iPad with Redsn0w
Update5: Guide to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 & iOS 3.2.2 on Windows with Sn0wbreeze 2.1