Msft.guy has released PwnageTool bundle to jailbreak iOS 4.2 Beta 2 on iPhone 3GS (Old bootrom). You can use this bundle to patch the existing PwnageTool through which you can create custom IPSW of iOS 4.2 Beta 2 which on restore through iTunes will jailbreak and hactivate your iPhone 3GS (Old bootrom).
How to Patch PwnageTool 4.01 with PwnageTool Bundle:
*Find download links at the end of the post
- *Download PwnageTool 4.01
- *Download PwnageTool bundle for iOS 4.2 Beta 2
- *Download iOS 4.2 Beta 2 for iPhone 3GS (Developers only)
- *Download patched version of Cydia and MobileSubstrate
- Place PwnageTool, iPhone2,1_4.2_beta_2.bundle and stock iOS 4.2 Beta 2 IPSW (iPhone2_1_4.2_8C5101c_Restore.ipsw) file for iPhone 3GS in one folder.
- Right click on PwnageTool and choose Show Package Contents as shown in the screenshot below.
- Navigate to Content->Resources->FirmwareBundles and drag iPhone2,1_4.2_beta_2.bundle to this folder.
- Now your PwnageTool is patched and ready to jailbreak iOS 4.2 Beta 2 on your iPhone 3GS (Old bootrom). Rest of the jailbreaking steps are similar to iOS 4.2 Beta jailbreak with PwnageTool bundle which you can find here.
- Note that after jailbreaking your iPhone 3GS (Old bootrom) with this modified PwnageTool, your Cydia might not work. You have to manually patch Cydia and MobileSubstrate. Download Cydia.patch and libsubstrate.dylib and use the instructions in Readme.txt included in the cy.zip file.
Download PwnageTool 4.01
Download PwnageTool bundle for iOS 4.2 Beta 2 | MediaFire Mirror
Download iOS 4.2 Beta 2 for iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch 2G, 3G, 4G & iPad
Download patched version of Cydia and MobileSubstrate