The much awaited tool to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on Windows has arrived. iH8sn0w has released Sn0wbreeze 2.0, the PwnageTool port for Windows which can jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.x, iOS 4.0.x and iOS 4.1 on iPhone 2G, 3G & 3GS (Old + New Bootrom) and iPod Touch 1G, 2G (MC + Non-MC) & 3G. Sn0wbreeze 2.0 will cook a custom IPSW file of iOS 4.1 which you can restore through iTunes to jailbreak your device.
To jailbreak your iPod Touch 1G, 2G (MC + Non-MC) or 3G model with Sn0wbreeze 2.0, your device should meet the following requirements:
- iPod Touch 1G: Must be already jailbroken on any firmware version.
- iPod Touch 2G (Non-MC Model): Must be already jailbroken on any firmware version. If not jailbroken then use iREB by iH8sn0w.
- iPod Touch 2G (MC Model): Must be on iPhone OS 3.1.2, doesn't require to be pre-jailbroken on iPhone OS 3.1.2.
- iPod Touch 3G: Must be on iPhone OS 3.1.2, doesn't require to be pre-jailbroken on iPhone OS 3.1.2. You need to check special check-box while creating custom IPSW of iOS 4.1.
Download iTunes 10
Download iOS 4.1 for iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod Touch 2G, 3G
Download iPhone OS 3.1.3 for iPhone 2G, iPod touch 1G
Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 2G, 3G & 3GS
Download .NET Framework 3.5 (Must for Sn0wbreeze 2.0)
Download Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 for Windows
Update1: How to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3GS (Old+New Bootrom) with Sn0wbreeze 2.0?
Update2: Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 Released to Fix iTunes Error 37 During iOS 4.1 Jailbreak
Update3: Sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 Released to Fix Error 40 / 17 and Hacktivation Issues
You may also like to read:
- Jailbreak iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G on iOS 4.1 with Redsn0w 0.9.6
- Jailbreak iOS 4.2 with Redsn0w 0.9.6 on iPhone 3G iPod Touch 2G