The much awaited tool Sn0wbreeze 2.0 has been released by iH8sn0w to jailbreak iOS 3.1.x, 4.0.x and 4.1 on iPhone 2G, 3G & 3GS (Old or New bootrom) and iPod Touch 1G, 2G (MC or Non-MC) & 3G. For those who don't know, Sn0wbreeze is a PwnageTool port on Windows which cook custom IPSW files just like PwnageTool do on Mac.
iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom): Must be on iPhone OS 3.1.2, doesn't require to be pre-jailbroken on iPhone OS 3.1.2. You need to check special check-box while creating custom IPSW of iOS 4.1.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3GS with Sn0wbreeze 2.0 on Windows:
*Find download links at the end of post.
- *Download and install iTunes 10
- *Download Sn0wbreeze 2.0 and install .NET Framework 3.5
- *Download iOS 4.1 IPSW file for iPhone 3GS.
- Place iOS 4.1 IPSW file and sn0wbreeze-V2.0.exe on your desktop.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes to backup your contacts, apps, music, photos and other important data.
- Double-click sn0wbreeze-V2.0.exe to launch Sn0wbreeze 2.0. Click OK button to ignore the warning message and Next button to proceed to next step.
- Choose Expert Mode and choose next.
- Now Sn0wbreeze will prompt for IPSW file, click Browse button to locate IPSW file of your iOS 4.1 firmware.
- Once you provide the IPSW file of iOS 4.1 to Sn0wbreeze, it will process and verify it.
- Once Sn0wbreeze verifies iOS 4.1 IPSW file, click on Next button and choose General.
- Note that if you are iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) or iPod touch 3G user, you need to check the Use iBooty Method (3.1.2 Installation Required!) option. Moreover if you are on unofficial carrier, choose Activate The iPhone to do a hacktivated jailbreak on your device.
- Now click on "Build IPSW" and Sn0wbreeze will cook a custom IPSW of iOS 4.1 for your device.
- Thats it! Now you will see sn0wbreeze_iPhone 3GS-4.1.ipsw on your desktop.
How to Restore iOS 4.1 Custom IPSW File with iTunes:
Connect your iPhone in DFU mode. To do that just hold "Power" and the "Home" button for exactly 10 seconds and then release "Power" button but keep holding "Home" until iTunes detect your iPhone in Recovery Mode.
On the summary page, hold down the SHIFT key on keyboard and press Restore button. You will be asked to choose the firmware file you want to restore, choose the custom IPSW file of iOS 4.1 you just created with Sn0wbreeze. If you are a Mac OS X user, use the ALT+Restore combo to choose the firmware file.
Update1: How to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPod Touch 2G(MC+Non-MC), 3G with Sn0wbreeze 2.0?
Update2: Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 Released to Fix iTunes Error 37 During iOS 4.1 Jailbreak
Update3: Sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 Released to Fix Error 40 / 17 and Hacktivation Issues
You may also like to read:
- Jailbreak iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G on iOS 4.1 with Redsn0w 0.9.6
- Jailbreak iOS 4.2 with Redsn0w 0.9.6 on iPhone 3G iPod Touch 2G