iTunesHelper is a small utility which gets installed on your system when your install Apple iTunes. All iTunesHelper do is that it helps iTunes to load faster whenever you connect your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to your computer. If you don't want iTunes to start automatically when you connect your iDevice with your PC, then follow the guidelines below to remove it from your Windows startup to save RAM and to make Windows load faster.
Steps to Remove iTunesHelper.exe from Windows Startup:
- Go to Start menu and choose Run or simply press Windows+R key.
- Type "msconfig" in the Open text field and hit OK button.
- Go to Startup tab and uncheck iTunes from the Startup Item menu as shown in the screenshot below.
- Hit OK key and restart your PC.
After doing all the above steps, iTunesHelper will not automatically load itself on Windows startup. Please note that after disabling iTunesHelper, you might need to manually start iTunes whenever you will connect your iDevice to your PC. To manually start iTunes, again type "iTunes" in run command.
More Cool Tutorials:
- Download AirPrint Installer for Windows 7/Vista/XP (32-bit/64-bit)