You can easily root Android 2.2 (Froyo) on Google Nexus One with Universal Androot app. Rooting Nexus One has number of benefits: It allows you to take screenshots of your phone screen with ease, moreover it gives you complete access to the file system of your phone's OS, allowing you to uninstall the useless Android stock apps and much more.
Follow the step-by-step guide below to root your Google Nexus One:
- Navigate to Settings-> Applications-> Unknown sources and tap on the check-box to allow installation of non-Market apps.
- Open browser and type the following URL in browser address bar to download Universal Androot app
- Once downloaded, click on the Install button to install the Universal Androot app.
- Once installed, click on the Root :-) button to root your Google Nexus One.
- Thats it, now your Google Nexus One has a root user access. Open Market app and install Terminal Emulator to enjoy full command over rooted OS directories and files.
Do mention in comments if you face any difficulty in following the above procedure.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback