As promised, iPhone Dev Team has released their much awaited version of Ultrasn0w (v1.0-1) which can unlock iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0 / 4.0.1 with 01.59.00 baseband and iPhone 3G, 3GS with 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 or 05.13.04 baseband version. Once you have jailbreaked your iPhone by using JailbreakMe, you can follow the step-by-step procedure below to unlock your iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G.
NOTE: If you are unsure about the baseband version of your iPhone, you can view it by navigating to Settings->General->About->Modem Firmware. Moreover if you are on T-Mobile US, then you must disable 3G before unlocking your iPhone with Ultrasn0w (v1.0-1).
If you haven’t jailbreaked your iPhone yet, you can follow our step-by-step guide to jailbreak iOS 4.0 / 4.0.1 on iPhone 4, 3G & 3GS with JailbreakMe 2.0. Once you are done with jailbreaking, you can follow the steps below to unlock your iPhone.
Unlock iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0 / 4.0.1 With Ultrasn0w 1.0-1
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone / iPod Touch.
- Click on the Manage tab at the bottom.
- Click on Sources section.
- Click on Edit button at the top left of Cydia.
- Click on Add button at the top right of Cydia.
- Enter http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com as Cydia/APT URL and click on Add Source button.
- Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
- Thats it! Now click on the Search tab at the bottom and search for ultrasn0w 1.0-1
- Click on ultrasn0w 1.0-1 and install it!
Thats it! Enjoy your fully jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 4. If you still have any confusion, check out the video tutorial below:
You may also like to read: