There were rumors that Dell Streak would hit US market in July, but it didn't! Launch has been postponed till August. With all attractive features like 5-inch capacitive touch display, 5MP camera, 1Ghz Snapdragon ARM processor, front VGA camera, capacitive touch front buttons, GPS, Flash support, 3G support with a SIM slot and Wifi, Dell Streak has a shortcoming as well, It'll be shipped with Android 1.6!
If you are holding your decision to get your hands on Dell Streak because of Android 1.6, then don't! Android 2.1 firmware build for Dell Streak has already been leaked online. There are positive remarks about Android 2.1 performance on Dell Streak and no issues have been reported so far, so if you already own a Dell Streak you can update it to Android 2.1 by following simple update procedure mentioned below.
How to Update Dell Streak to Android 2.1
- Download Android 2.1 .pkg file and rename it to Update.pkg.
- Connect your Dell Streak to your computer and transfer update.pkg to the root directory of your microSD card.
- Turn off the device. Now turn it on again while holding the volume up or down buttons.
- The device should now be in recovery mode. Select "apply update.pkg" to execute the update process.
- After the installation process is done, reboot your device by selecting "reboot system now" from the same menu.
That's all! Your Dell Streak should be on Android 2.1 now. You can verify by routing to Go to Settings >About phone in your phone.
Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback