LibUSB is a very important library which is used by many freeware programs to put your iPhone into recovery mode or force it to exit the recovery mode just with a single click. Recboot and EasyiRecovery both requires LibUSB installed on your computer to function properly. Installing LibUSB on 32-bit operating systems is easy but many users who own x64 systems were facing some issues while installing LibUSB. The following guide will explain you how to install LibUSB on Windows 7 and Vista 64-bit editions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do NOT follow this guide if you are trying to kick your iDevice out of recovery mode loop and want to use Recboot or EasyiRecovery. For some reason, LibUSB will disable your keyboard and mouse on next reboot and to fix this, you must uninstall LibUSB by booting into safe mode. As TinyUmbrella DO NOT require you to install LibUSB, so it is always recommended to use it instead.
Steps to Install LibUSB on Windows 7 & Vista 64-bit
- Download LIBUSB64Fix.zip and extract it on your desktop! (Find download link at the bottom of post)
- Plugin your iPhone, iPod or iPad through USB cable to your computer.
- Open the first folder called ADD HARDWARE WIZARD, run INF WIZARD.exe and click "Next" button.
- Select "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" from the list. If you are unable to find this option, you can choose USB Composite Device from the list and click "Next" button.
- Click next to skip the "Device Configuration" window.
- You will be prompted to save the INF file, rename it to "setup" and save it to ADD HARDWARE WIZARD directory.
- Once setup.inf has been saved, click on "Finish" button to close the window.
- Click on the start menu and type RUN and hit enter. You will see the RUN window, type hdwwiz in the "Open" field and click OK button.
- It will open "Add Hardware Wizard" as shown in the screenshot below. Click Next" button to proceed to next step.
- Choose "Install the hardware that I manually select form a list (Advanced)" and click "Next" button.
- Choose "Show All Devices" and hit the "Next" button.
- Click "Have Disk" button and browse to setup.inf you created in step 6 above.
- Select the only list item the "Menu" and click "Next" button.
- Click "Next" to skip final window before the installation will begin.
- Choose "Install Driver Anyway" to install the driver.
- Click on the "Finish" button to close the wizard.
- Now open the 2nd folder called INSTALL LIBUSB, right-click on LIBUSB 32win Setup.exe and choose "Properties". Go to the "Compatibility" tab and choose "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)". Click OK to apply the settings.
- Now run LIBUSB 32win Setup.exe and install the LibUSB with the default settings.
- Now open the 3rd folder called INSTALL READYDRIVER and run ReadyDriver Setup.exe.
- Install the setup with all default options.
- Restart your computer and you are done!
- Download AirPrint Installer for Windows 7/Vista/XP (32-bit/64-bit)
- Download RecBoot v1.3 for Windows, Mac OS X & Linux