If you don't have a Wifi router in your home, you can still install .DEB and .IPA apps on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad without the using any SSH client like WinSCP or Cyberduck. All you need is a jailbroken iPhone and DiskAid installed on your computer. DiskAid is available for both Windows and Mac users. Follow these step-by-step guides to install .DEB and .IPA on your iDevice without SSH access.
Steps to Install .DEB and .IPA Files on iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
- Download DiskAid for PC or Mac from here (14 days FREE trial)
- Install DiskAid on your computer.
- Make sure you have jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. If you haven't jailbreaked your device yet, you can jailbreak it with JailbreakMe.
- Once jailbreaked, open Cydia on your jailbroken device and install afc2add. There is no need to add any additional repository, just search and install afc2add application. It will allow DiskAid to access the root of your device, hence allowing you to copy or replace firmware files.
- Reboot your device after installing "afc2add"
- Search for "MobileTerminal" and install it.
- For installing .IPA files, you will need to install Installous too. Click here for step-by-step instructions to install "Installous".
- Connect your device to your PC or Mac and start DiskAid.
- You will notice that as soon as you will plug your device to your computer, DiskAid will detect your device.
- To install .IPA files, navigate to /var/mobile/Documents/Installous/Downloads and drag the IPA file to this directory.
- Launch "Installous" app on your device and see the Downloads section to install the IPA app.
- To install .DEB file, place it in the tmp folder and launch the MobileTerminal app to run the following command
- Copy the .DEB file in the location below and reboot your device to install it.
- Download iFile from Cydia and navigate to tmp directory through iFile to install the DEB.
dpkg -i /tmp/myapp.deb
Thats it! If you face any difficulty in following the above procedure, please do mention it in comments.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback