How To Install DEB, IPA Files on iPhone without SSH Access?

If you don't have a Wifi router in your home, you can still install .DEB and .IPA apps on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad without the using any SSH client like WinSCP or Cyberduck. All you need is a jailbroken iPhone and DiskAid installed on your computer. DiskAid is available for both Windows and Mac users. Follow these step-by-step guides to install .DEB and .IPA on your iDevice without SSH access.

Steps to Install .DEB and .IPA Files on iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad

1. Download DiskAid for PC or Mac from here (14 days FREE trial)
  2. Install DiskAid on your computer.
  3. Make sure you have jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. If you haven't jailbreaked your device yet, you can jailbreak it with JailbreakMe.
  4. Once jailbreaked, open Cydia on your jailbroken device and install afc2add. There is no need to add any additional repository, just search and install afc2add application. It will allow DiskAid to access the root of your device, hence allowing you to copy or replace firmware files.
  5. Afc2add Cydia How To Install DEB, IPA Files on iPhone without SSH Access?

6. Reboot your device after installing "afc2add"
  7. Search for "MobileTerminal" and install it.
  8. MobileTerminal How To Install DEB, IPA Files on iPhone without SSH Access?

9. For installing .IPA files, you will need to install Installous too. Click here for step-by-step instructions to install "Installous".
  10. Installous Cydia How To Install DEB, IPA Files on iPhone without SSH Access?

11. Connect your device to your PC or Mac and start DiskAid.
  12. You will notice that as soon as you will plug your device to your computer, DiskAid will detect your device.
  13. To install .IPA files, navigate to /var/mobile/Documents/Installous/Downloads and drag the IPA file to this directory.
  14. DiskAid IPA Installous How To Install DEB, IPA Files on iPhone without SSH Access?

15. Launch "Installous" app on your device and see the Downloads section to install the IPA app.
  16. Installouss How To Install DEB, IPA Files on iPhone without SSH Access?

17. To install .DEB file, place it in the tmp folder and launch the MobileTerminal app to run the following command
  18. su

alpine

dpkg -i /tmp/myapp.deb

DiskAid DEB Tmp Folder How To Install DEB, IPA Files on iPhone without SSH Access?
    OR

19. Copy the .DEB file in the location below and reboot your device to install it.
  20. /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall

OR

21. Download iFile from Cydia and navigate to tmp directory through iFile to install the DEB.

Thats it! If you face any difficulty in following the above procedure, please do mention it in comments.

lili1 year, 5 months ago

Give a try to PhoneStick. It seems to be easier.(http://softorino.com/phonestick/download/)

B?by Twitty2 years ago

Worked perfectly on my friend’s Mac and iPhone 4

DigiDNA Team2 years, 3 months ago

The tmp file is a folder, it’s just a temporary folder where you can run the .DEB. http://www.digidna.net does short messages and iCloud now, it’s getting pretty cool.

Me2 years, 4 months ago

what should i do after doing step 12?

Pawar Devang2 years, 5 months ago

ACE*

Chris Cs0492 years, 5 months ago

nice work guy

Shopnblush2 years, 5 months ago

why do i get an error – “error writing destination file” when i put an ipa in the
    var/mobile/Documents/Installous/Downloads with DiskAid? Help pls..

Chunky_za@rocketmail.com2 years, 6 months ago

hi…
    I can’t find afc2add in my cydia.. how????
    please help

muaad2 years, 6 months ago

hey u said in step 12:place IT in the tmp file what exactly

John2 years, 7 months ago

This is the only thing out of a million things that worked 10/10

LOVE U

Duke2 years, 9 months ago

Bless you immeasurably!!

Steve2 years, 10 months ago

IMPORTANT FOR PROBLEMS WITH INSTALLOUS!!!!

I have an iPod Touch 4, 4.3.3, jailbroken with JailBreakMe.com, Installous 4 didn’t work, it just crashed whenever I tried to install, so I found Install0us on the source: “http://cydia.xsellize.com/,” fixed my problems instantly. All I had to do differently was run DiskAid and select the “root” folder on the left side and instead locate “//var/mobile/Downloads/” where I installed the IPA files.

Nikofunk2 years, 6 months ago

You have to install Installous with the source: cydia.hackulo.us not xsellize

cara2 years, 11 months ago

there’s no winterboard main screen on my winterboard app.. when i launched winterboard the main screen is the list of themes.. i would appreciate if you could give me the link on where i can download winterboard.deb file compatible for my ipod touch 3.1.3.. i cant find one on the internet..

Well then you might want to check if the theme itself that you had downloaded is compatible with your iOS or not. You need to read the details of the theme before you download them from Cydia. Since your on iOS 3.1.3 (which you had failed to mention earlier), the probability of getting a theme for the 3.1.3 might be very very less when compared to those available for iOS 4.x.

nagaraj2 years, 11 months ago

thank you men… its working….

anjan2 years, 11 months ago

thanks a ton sir.

cara2 years, 11 months ago

When i launched winterboard all i can see is the page of themes.. theres none respring button

After you select your theme, go back to Winterboard’s main screen. Its right there on the top-left corner.

cara2 years, 11 months ago

i have winterboard now on my springboard.. but everytime i open and choose my theme nothing happens.. what’s wrong?

Do you hit the Respring button on the top-left corner always after you have made changes before you exit?

cara2 years, 11 months ago

how will i know if the .deb file is compatible for my ios?

Google is your best friend. Also, almost all the deb files that you find around are compatible with iOS 4.x.x, but just to make sure of it, do a background check on the same as well.

klodi2 years, 12 months ago

Y R THE MAN man!!!!!!!!!thanks a lot your description was very understandable.

anonymous3 years ago

if you cant find the folder you can create it yourself
    worked for me too

fix3 years ago

Use Cyder 2

Brian3 years ago

i have a jailbroken iphone 3gs with 4.2.1 software. i tried to install a dreamboard .deb file, but everytime i try to load it it just crashes! ive tried repooting, respringing, and reinstalling but happens everytime.. please help!

Pramod3 years ago

Probably the .deb theme isn’t compatible with 4.2.1 and that’s the reason for the crash. Do check for compatibility before installing the .deb for your iOS.

simone3 years, 1 month ago

C’è UN PROBLEMA IO FACCIO TUTTO BENE MA QUANDO INSTALLO L’APP SULL’IPHONE MI DICE
    IPA INVALID CHE FACCIOOO?

Matthew3 years, 1 month ago

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!! IT’S FIXED!!!!!! I HAD ANOTHER VERSION OF APPSYNC INSTALLED!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! (no homo) THANKS AGAIN!! :)

eslam3 years, 1 month ago

hello..
    i have gevy sim and i updated my phone to 4.3.3 and i get stucked on my phone to connect to itunes .. and on itunes the sim you insert ..etc … and iam not jealbreak my phone yet ..

If you have the official SIM that came with your iPhone while it was locked, go ahead and pop in that SIM and connect to iTunes. That will get you out of the Emergency Screen. (Do not use the official SIM with the Gevey. Remove the Gevey tray and use the original tray when you pop in the new SIM).

Matthew3 years, 1 month ago

Okay. I’m sooo confused!! There are tons of guides, but I don’t know which guide and forum that could help me with my problem.

My Problem: I can’t install appsync 4.0+ from Cydia.
    It gives me this error: “trying to overwrite ‘usr/bin/patchsync’, which is also in package AppSync”

“Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)”

I can install Installous, but there is no point. Everytime I download an App From Installous, it says, “Invalid IPA” Download Failed.

Summary: All I want to know is, How to download appsync Manually by SSH from Computer. Please provide a Guide that can help me solve this problem. :)

You don’t need to install AppSync seperately Mathew. While installing Installous itself, AppSync comes up as a dependency install and so it gets installed as well. AppSync is already on your iPhone. :)

Matthew3 years, 1 month ago

But when apps finish downloading, then attempt to install, the installation of the app I downloaded from Installous fails, because of the invalid IPA. What source should I get Installous from??

Matthew3 years, 1 month ago

After I tapped install, then Confirm in Cydia, it failed to install. It gave me an error saying:

“trying to overwrite ‘usr/bin/patchsync’, which is also in package AppSync”

“Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)”

I did not work for me yet. :(

does it happen only for a single specific DEB or for every DEB file you try to install ?

Jaz_iphone3 years, 1 month ago

I hv a iphone 3g 4.2.1 with 06.15.00 bb, its wifi hv some problem connecting to my network every time it says wrong password, i tried installing ultrasn0w with diskaid on my mac by pasting the .deb file on var/root/media/Cydia/AutoInstall and restarted twice but its no use, plz tell me wht to do????????

Jaz-iphone, Ultrasn0w has nothing to do with the Wi-Fi settings of your home network. So, you don’t need to do any install/uninstalls on the iPhone as a matter of fact. All you need to do is to ensure your entering the right password for your Wi-Fi network. Try connecting other devices as well to see if the problem still persists. :)

andrea3 years, 1 month ago

i tried but they dont get apply in my itouch those apps comes in my itunes but dont get synced in itouch those apps from installous r full version they donnt get synced but the lite versions from installous get synced in my itouch ….wat should i do please help me!!!

Andrea, do you mean that your not able to sync the apps installed via Installous onto iTunes? What are these Lite versions?

andrea3 years, 1 month ago

now i m going to tell u in detail
        i have iphone 2g i installed installous on it. then i started downloading all the paid applications like eg “prince of pershiya” and other games on my iphone. then i synced my iphone to itunes and i installed all the applications downloaded from installous to itunes it got copied to itunes. the problem is now that, i have an itouch when i attach my itouch to laptop i mean to itunes the apps which i had downloaded from itunes get synced but the apps which i have downloaded from installous dont get synced in my itouch and i can see those apps in itunes….
        so please help me what should i do!!! please help!!!!!

Oki Andrea, now its clear. The reason why the cracked/3rd party apps don’t get synced in to your iTouch is due to the absence of AppSync. I’m sure you don’t have Insallous installed on your iTouch right? No worries, download and install Installous the same way how you did it on your 2G via http://cydia.hackulo.us repo onto your iTouch and re-sync. The 3rd party apps will get installed onto your iTouch as well. Let us know how it went. Good Luck. :)

andrea3 years, 1 month ago

my problem is that i cant install applications downloaded from installous on my itouch they get installed only in my iphone these apps get sync in my itunes but they dont get synced in my itouch what should i do……….. please help!!!!!

Matthew3 years, 1 month ago

Do I have to do this everytime I want a cracked app from Installous??

Patrick3 years, 1 month ago

Nops. Once everything is installed, all you need is to add cracked IPA file to /var/mobile/Documents/Installous/Downloads using iPhone Explorer or DiskAid software. For more info, use this guide http://bit.ly/kDFSjQ

ven3 years, 1 month ago

i did whatever u said but the problem is that the apps downloaded from installous are getting installed in itunes but when i sync my ipod those cracked versions dont get installed in my ipod…. please help!!!!

Patrick3 years, 1 month ago

Ok. After connecting your iPod to ur PC -> iTunes, go to the apps tab and choose apps you want to install to your iPod http://i.imgur.com/orN9K.png
      Open Installous -> Settings and make sure “iTunes Sync” option is turned ON.

ven3 years, 1 month ago

i have a serious problem i have downloaded installous on my iphone and i downloaded many apps from it but the problem is that the apps do not get sync in my ipod touch please help.!!!!!

iGuru3 years, 1 month ago

My copied ipa comes in folders an so if I name it .ipa it becomes invalid!!!!plz help!!thanks

Wolverine3 years, 1 month ago

From where you are downloading IPA files? They probably have already .IPA extension and by re-naming then you are naming them like Name.IPA.IPA
      Right-click on IPA file, choose Properties and see what is written infront of Type of file: under General tab!

iGuru3 years, 1 month ago

I have wifi. I installed some ipa files with installous. My friend accidentally locked my iPod so I copied my cracked apps to my pc using diskaid and restored my iPod. I used your guide to see where I needed to copy the ipa files to. But my iPa file was not like the picture above. It was a folder that had inside it more folders which were essential for the application to work. Please help. I really need those ipa’s!

Is this happening because my apps are cracked?

Wolverine3 years, 1 month ago

Oh i got it! You copied the cracked applications from Applications folder. In Applications, all cracked apps are installed and have a folder with their respective name. Sorry brother but you can not install cracked apps just by copy pasting them into /var/mobile/Documents/Installous/Downloads directory. You need to copy the apps-folders into /Root Directory/Applications However it is not necessary that every app will run after this.

windu3 years, 2 months ago

DONE!! :D

jack3 years, 2 months ago

i dont have internet access on my iphone…how can i install .deb files??

The above guide is all about your question. Read it :P

vibe3 years, 2 months ago

but how do i install installous without cydia ?

Amjad3 years, 2 months ago

Thank u very much man but i just could’t find the Installous on http://cydia.hackulo.us but i found it on http://www.sinfuliphonerepo.com but thanks again

Soubhi Sabbagh3 years, 2 months ago

I have an iOS 4.3.1 jailbroken A1303 16GB 3GS IPHONE.
    I installed installous 4.4.1 from Cydia.
    Unfortunately, I couldn’t install the entire downloaded API from installous, and even if I put a working ipa directly to the download directory, Installous, shows invalid IPA!!!
    How can I solve this?
    I can only download and install programs using Cydia.
    But installous fails all the time!
    Is there any method to completely remove the old traces of insallous 4.4.1 to make clean install?

Kind Regards,

Use this guide to fix Installous Invalid IPA error http://bit.ly/mp2Zkz

Soubhi Sabbagh3 years, 2 months ago

Mission solved.

It means that the problem occured due to incompatiblety between the installed AppSync4.0+ and Installous.
        Installous and AppSync4.0+ should be installed from the same site

Cause while installing Intallous, it will automatically install AppSyns4.0+ from the first place it find the application.

So, we should uninstall AppSync4.0+ then download the file from Cydia-> hackulo.us Source.

by the mean, if you searched inside Cydia, you will find two files which have the same name: AppSync4.0+

You should uninstall the first one and then install the second one.

Thank you so much.

Mission terminated.

Ben3 years, 3 months ago

Can i use this method to install Installous without Wifi?

Renate3 years, 3 months ago

Hi :)

I followed all steps.. added a cydia and a autoinstall folder in the root and rebooted my ipod.. tried to install infinitiboard.deb, but its not working or even in my winterboard. What am I doing wrong?

tx :)

You have to add AutoInstall folder in /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall (NOT in root)

Renate3 years, 3 months ago

Never mind!! Got it! :D You’re the best!!

Xrhstos Greece3 years, 4 months ago

You rock my friend …..thats the way …..i did it ..Thanks a lot i love you

Dinesh3 years, 7 months ago

thanks dude !! gr8 work … can we use the same method for iphone4 also

Winter3 years, 8 months ago

Thanks!! Work great! But skipped with the installation of afc2add and mobileterminal and it still worked fine.

Its because afc2add is already installed on your device, otherwise you can’t access the root directory on your device.

Jazzmint3 years, 8 months ago

Thanks! i manage to do it another way!

Update [Tested it myself]: If you don’t have “Cydia” and “AutoInstall” in “Media” folder, you have to create it manually. Just place DEB file in “AutoInstall” and reboot your device to install the app.

Jazzmint3 years, 8 months ago

HELP please! cant find this folder using my diskaid!

/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall

When i click media, there is no cydia folder.

Strange! Try to re-install Cydia by following the guidelines here.

Anon3 years, 8 months ago

You have to create Cydia folder inside Media and also create AutoInstall folder inside Cydia.

mcay233 years ago

maybe you got into the wrong one?sometimes so

Bilal3 years, 9 months ago

But man you said this if you don’t have a WiFi at home, so how can we download the “AFC2Add” and “MobileTerminal” from cydia? Anyways thatnks alot for everything

You can always use 3G or EDGE connection from your cellular company =)

VIKAS3 years, 10 months ago