Upgrading your iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 to iOS 4.0.1 will not upgrade the baseband from 05.13.04 to any newer version. But unfortunately, there is no jailbreak tool available at the moment which could jailbreak iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, so the only device you can jailbreak using Redsn0w is iPhone 3G. The following step-by-step guide will explain you how to unlock your iPhone 3G on iOS 4.0.1.
Steps to Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3G with Ultrasn0w 0.93
- First jailbreak iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3G by using Redsn0w v0.9.5b5. Redsn0w v0.9.5b5 is available for both Windows and Mac OS X. You can find our step-by-step guide here to jailbreak iOS 4.0.1 using Redsn0w.
- Once jailbreaked, open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone.
- Click on the "Manage" button at the bottom.
- Click on the "Sources" section.
- Click on "Edit" button at the top left of Cydia.
- Click on "Add" button at the top right of Cydia.
- Enter http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com as Cydia/APT URL and click on "Add Source" button.
- Wait while Cydia update your sources.
- Thats it! Now click on the "Search" tab at the bottom and search for "Ultrasn0w". This app will automatically unlock your iPhone so that it can be used it with any official / unofficial carrier.
- Just restart your iPhone and you are good to go. Now, you should have fully unlocked and jailbroken iPhone 3G on iOS 4.01.
Update 1: Ultrasn0w to Unlock iPhone 4 Coming Soon!
Update 2: MuscleNerd Carrier Unlocked iPhone 4 with Ultrasn0w
Update 3: Unlock iPhone 4, 3G, 3GS iOS 4.0 / 4.0.1 With Ultrasn0w 1.0-1
Update 4: Ultrasn0w 1.1-1 Released! Standby Battery Life Issue Fixed!