Many users were facing some issues in adding repositories to Cydia after jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone and iPod Touch with Sn0wbreeze and PwnageTool. Today i am going to share two ways to reinstall Cydia without jailbreaking your iPhone or iPod Touch again. Both of these methods require a jailbroken iPhone / iPod Touch so that you may SSH into your iDevice using WinSCP on Windows and CyberDuck in Mac.
Click here for step-by-step guide to SHSH into your device using WinSCP on Windows. After a successfull connection is established, click on the Terminal icon in the WinSCP's toolbar to launch the Terminal.
Mac users need to open Terminal by navigating to Utilities->Terminal and then use the following command at terminal. On using the command below, you will be prompted to enter root password, just enter "alpine" and hit the enter key.
ssh root@(iPhones IP Address)
- Now use the following command to first remove the current installation of Cydia.
apt-get remove cydia
- Use the following command to reinstall Cydia.
apt-get install cydia
*Find download links at the end of post!
- *Download Cydia.deb.
- SSH into your iPhone / iPod Touch using *WinSCP (Windows) or *CyberDuck (Mac) and place the Cydia.deb in the ROOT directory.
- Type the following command to reinstall Cydia.
dpkg -i /cydia.deb
- Now respring your iDevice by using the command below and ur done!
killall -HUP SpringBoard
So there you go. Go ahead and try it out. If you face any kind of difficulty in following the above procedures, please feel free to share your problems / feedback in comments below. Also check out our Jailbreaks Section for guides on how to jailbreak your iphone or iPod.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback