Now you can jailbreak iPhone 3Gs on 4.0.1 with PwnageTool Bundles. Remember this is an unofficial release and will jailbreak already pwned iPhone 3GS old bootroms only. Moreover it will be a hactivated jailbreak means it allows you to activate your iPhone on an unofficial carrier without inserting AT&T SIM first. Unlike Redsn0w it will preserve your baseband from being upgraded to 05.13.04.
iPhone 3GS new bootrom users are requested to wait for Comex Spirit tool which will be out in a week or so.
How To Jailbreak iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom) on iOS 4.0.1 with PwnageTool Bundles
*Find download links at the end of post. This is an unofficial release. So please avoid it if you are new to jailbreaking and unlocking. However i have tested the procedure below myself and its working fine.
- *Download iOS 4.0.1 for iPhone 3GS
- *Download iTunes 9.2.1
- *Download PwnageTool
- *Download PwnageTool Bundles
- Create a new folder on desktop and put PwnageTool, iOS 4.0.1 IPSW and PwnageTool Bundles in it. Rename folder to JB.
- Now open Terminal and use the following commands to patch PwnageTool.
- After using the above commands, your PwnageTool will be patched and the JB folder will now contain only two files i-e iOS 4.0.1 IPSW and PwnageTool (Patched)
mv iPhone2,1_4.0.1_8A306.bundle PwnageTool.app/Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/
Thats it. You have successfully patched the PwnageTool with the bundles and now its ready to cook a custom IPSW of iOS 4.0.1 for iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom). Now follow our step-by-step guide here to jailbreak iOS 4.0.1 with PwnageTool. After jailbreaking and restoring custom IPSW of iOS 4.0.1 with iTunes 9.2.1, you can follow these guidelines to unlock your iPhone 3GS with Ultrasn0w 0.93.