Great news! The recent iOS update (iOS 4.1) which Apple seeded to developers moments ago can be easily jailbroken through the latest version of Redsn0w (v0.9.5b5-5). As we all know that Redsn0w v0.9.5b5-5 can jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (non-MC models), the same rule applies for iOS 4.1, however the procedure for jailbreaking iOS 4.1 through Redsn0w is bit tricky. Follow our step-by-step guide below to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (non-MC models) with Redsn0w v0.9.5b5-5.
How to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 2G with Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5
*Find download links at the end of post
- *Download iTunes 9.2.
- *Download Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5
- *Download both iOS 4.0 and iOS 4.1
- Restore iOS 4.1 IPSW using iTunes 9.2 to your iDevice.
- Once iOS 4.1 is successfully restored on your iDevice, run Redsn0w.exe and click on the "Browse" button. Select iOS 4.0 (NOT iOS 4.1) file you downloaded in step 3.
- Check "Cydia" and click on the next button.
- Check Enable Multitasking and Wallpaper. Please note that this step is optional, if you don't want to use these options, simply uncheck them.
- Turn off and unplug your device from your computer.
- Connect your iPhone in recovery mode. For that you will need to quickly hold "Power" button , after holding the "Power" button for 3 seconds, you will now have to hold "Home" button for 10 seconds. After that release "Power" button but keep holding "Home" until the installation automatically begins.
- Now leave the rest for Redsn0w, your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed. You should have a fully jailbreaked iPhone on firmware 4.1
Download iTunes 9.2 for Windows and Mac
Download iOS 4 for iPhone 4/3GS/3G, iPod Touch 2G/3G
Download iOS 4.1 Beta for iPhone 4, 3G, 3GS & iPod Touch 2G, 3G
Download Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 for Windows
Download Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 for Mac