Just incase if you have accidentally lost your iPhone contacts, photos, SMS or notes due to any reason and “Restore from Backup…” option in iTunes is also not working, you can still access and restore your iPhone’s data as long as you have backup files saved on your hard drive. iTunes always backup your iPhone before syncing it with your PC / Mac. You can use iPhone Backup Extractor and DiskAid to restore the content you need on your jailbroken iPhone.
*Find download links at the end of post!
- Download *iPhone Backup Extractor for Mac.
- Download *DiskAid for Windows and Mac.
- Create a new folder on your desktop. I just named it “Jaxov”.
- Double click on iPhone Backup Extractor to launch it and click on “Read Backups” button to automatically access the stored backups on your hard drive.
- Select your device and click on “Choose” button.
- iPhone Backup Extractor will show you the contents of selected backup. Choose “iOS Files” and click on the “Extract” button.
- iPhone Backup Extractor will prompt you to select the folder where it will extract the backup files. Choose the folder you created in step 3.
- Full backup extraction will take 3 to 4 seconds.
- Once done! Open the folder your desktop and navigate to iOS Files->Library. Here you will find all important data you need to restore including notes, SMS and address book which will contain your iPhone contacts.
- Now open DiskAid and navigate to Root->User->Library. Here you will find same folders which you extracted in the previous step.
- Thats it! Just replace the AddressBook folder you found in step 9 with the one you found in step 10 using DiskAid. This will restore all of your contacts. Simply replace the other folders to restore the respective content.