Incase there is no BigBoss repository present in Cydia after you jailbreaked your iDevice with Sn0wbreeze, PwnageTool or Redsn0w then here is a simple way to add it. All you need is a jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad with OpenSSH installed so that you can SSH into your iDevice using WinSCP (Windows) or CyberDuck (Mac).
Add BigBoss Repository to Cydia via SSH
- Open Cydia, search for OpenSSH and install it on your iDevice.
- Download bigboss.list file from here and jump to step 5. Alternatively you can use the steps below to create bigboss.list file manually.
- Open Notepad in Windows. If you are on Mac, open TextEdit and copy-paste the following code into it:
- Go to File menu, choose Save As... and name the file "bigboss.list" (including quotes)
- SSH into your iDevice using WinSCP, CyberDuck or DiskAid, navigate to root->private->etc->apt and place bigboss.list file in sources.list.d directory
- Thats it. Reboot your device and you are done!
# do not edit this file to add your own custom sources
# this file is subject to be upgraded as part of a package
# either add your own .list file to /etc/apt/sources.list.d
# or add your entry to the global /etc/apt/sources.list file
deb http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/ stable main
Update#1: Now you can use iPhone Explorer to put bigboss.list file in sources.list.d directory without SSH.
Update#2: Add ModMyi or BigBoss Repo to Cydia directly from Saurik repo. Read details here.
Update#3: Top Cydia Sources 2011
Update#4: Top Cydia Sources 2012