Download RecBoot to Fix iTunes 1015 Error

RecBoot is an open source tool created in Visual Basic which not only allows you to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode with a single click but also allows you to fix iTunes error 1015 that is usually thrown by iTunes while restoring the custom IPSW of iPhone OS 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 during the iOS 4 downgrade process. RecBoot is available for Windows, Linux and Mac users.

RecBoot App For Windows And Mac Download RecBoot to Fix iTunes 1015 Error

The video below will show how you can use RecBoot to fix iTunes error 1015 while restoring the custom IPSW of iPhone OS 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 during iOS 4 downgrade.

As shown in demo, iTunes error 1015 is tackled quite easily with RecBoot. Basically, iTunes gives an error 1015 for some unknown reasons after the firmware restore has been completed. Therefore, iPhone get stuck in recovery mode. This is where RecBoot helps, it exits iPhone from recovery mode and we can see it operational on restored firmware. Please note that the program requires LibUSB utility whos setup is included in the zip package, so install it before using RecBoot.

Download RecBoot for Windows | Mirror
Download RecBoot for Mac OS X | Mirror
Download RecBoot for Linux | Mirror

Update#1: Windows 7 and Windows Vista (64-bit) users can follow this tutorial to install LibUSB without any issues.
Update#2: Now you can also use TinyUmbrella to kick your device out from recovery mode. Doesn't require LibUSB, all it needs is iTunes and JRE installed on your computer.
Update#3: RecBoot v1.3 has been released.
Update#4: With LAST DFU sofware, now you can put your iPhone into DFU mode with a single click. Click here for more information.
Update#5: RecBoot 2.0 has been released. Click here to download.
Update#6: Download RecBoot 2.1 for Mac OS X 10.5.x and above.
Update#7: Download RecBoot 2.2 for Mac OS X 10.5.x and above.
Update#8: Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) to fix iOS 4.2.1 recovery mode loop issue.
Update#9: Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) to fix iOS 4.3 (NOT iOS 4.3.1) recovery mode loop issue.
Update#10: Download TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3.2/4.3.1 to exit recovery loop
Update#11: Download TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3.3 to exit recovery mode loop

Also Read:

Darragh7 months, 3 weeks ago

i have a iphone 3g stuck in Recovery mode jailbreak 4.3.1 can u help me im getting error code 1015 on itunes

rebvar10 months, 1 week ago

thanks very very good program for exit prablem

breiniak51 year, 5 months ago

i download RecBoot and dont work :(

Mark1 year, 8 months ago

I option click restore and select my whited00r file, but it just says, “Preparing Ipod for Restore” and then gives me error 1604. If i put it in DFU mode, before it even starts I get error 1600. any advice?

JQuon1 year, 8 months ago

Thank YOU! Very, very much appreciated.  Follow every step and it works! Win 7 64bit

blackbox-iphone.com2 years, 7 months ago

You can also fix error 1015 using the following guide:

bash2 years, 9 months ago

Hi there i have a problem my iphone 2g keeps unresponsive the lcd. before it happens on that situation im drinking water and i didnt notice that the tiny water pour on my screen then i hurry up wipe it then its fine meanwhile while im going out listening to the music of my iphone id notice it becomes unresponsive so what did i do i go to my computer and restore it in itunes and i click backup m i right i restore it in and backup it now everything seems going to mess with my phone

Get it looked at by a Genius at your local Apple store. Seems to be more of an hardware issue than a s/w one.

Tyler Whiteley2 years, 10 months ago

I have a Iphone 3g and I got it as a replacement for my old phone which was dropped in water. Well it jailbroken and I don’t want it to be. It is stuck in 1015. Can you tell me how to restore this back to how it was when it was first made (aka not jailbroken and in perfect running order)

Iphone 3g
    version 4.2.1
    baseband 6.15.00 (I think)

Run Redsn0w 0.9.9b8′s Recovery Fix right after when your restore errors out at 1015. Remember that you will not be able to unlock your device w/o a JB.

Tenzin2 years, 11 months ago

Does it work with iphone 4 ios 5 downgrade to 4.3.3 ??? Does anybody has clue how to downgrade ios 5 to 4.3.3 or later.??? thank you and help will really be appreciated.

tenzin

You need to use a custom IPSW created by Sn0wbreeze & restore to it. Before that, you need to make sure you have the 4.3.3 SHSH saved for your device / iOS on Cydia / TU.

rolen pascual3 years ago

can anyone please help me!!!!!! I cant get out of recovery mode from itunes!!! error code 1015 keeps popping up!! i have an iphone 3g and i have tried everything but nothing seems to work!!! please tell me what to do to fix this problem!!!

samer kar3 years, 1 month ago

Hey pramod,

FIXREC43 didn’t worked for me always the same result.

As I stated earlier, it may/may not work on the iOS 4.3.4/4.3.5.
      The only way out is to restore your iPhone with a custom IPSW to a version for which you have an SHSH blob saved either by Cydia (http://bit.ly/p07pX2) or by Tiny Umbrella (http://bit.ly/n8Kkb1)?
      Only of you have an SHSH blob for any of the versions will you be able to restore to that particular version.

samer kar3 years, 1 month ago

i’m understanding you but i’m always stacked on the recovery mode every time i restore o ios 4.3.5 before the restore finishing the error 1015 appear i dont know why and now i’m always stacked on the recovery mode

Read this http://bit.ly/qbir0p to solve your recovery loop issues, though I’m getting mixed results from all the other readers that FixRec43 has issues with iOS 4.3.4/4.3.5.

samer kar3 years, 1 month ago

hi again,

error : the process “ituneshelper.exe” not found

Please understand that this is not an error which can cause FixRec to fail. It is merely closing all iTunes services that might have been running at the background including the iTunes program itself.

samer kar3 years, 1 month ago

hi jaxov,

well i have an iphone 3gs i tried to upgrade it to 4.3.5 while restoring and before finishing all the restore step the eror 1015 message appear to me and now i stacked on itune logo what ihave to do and i didn’t save the ssh

Fazal3 years, 1 month ago

hi,
    m using iphone 3g. After updating my phone to 3.1.3 its get struck and device is asking for a valid sim card. my old sim card is not deductible now. pls help in this.

By updating your iP3G, you have lost your unlock capability. If your currently on iOS 4.2.1, you will need to update your BB to an iPad’s BB first & then use Ultrasn0w to unlock.

inchcape383 years, 1 month ago

RecBoot for Mac Exit Only is brilliant, worked first time to cure my iPhone. Thanks!

Nathan Brown3 years, 1 month ago

I have an iphone 3gs and on all of the jailbreaks .. limerain .. green poison .. red snow when i try to put the phone in dfu mode it just wont and i cant jailbreak … please help

Only if you can explain in a much more detailed fashion will I be able to help you. Your query is just too vague to answer without the necessary iOS/BB details & also what is the current situation of your device as well.

Grande3 years, 2 months ago

Hey, works!

Kenny M3 years, 2 months ago

Hi guys,

I was trying to update my cousins iphone 3gs to 4.3.3 and now I keep on getting the 1015 error, Someone please help me with what tools I might require.

IPHONE 3GS
    Baseband: No clue
    Previous version: Unknown.

Please help poor kid wants to kill me LOL

CK3 years, 2 months ago

I Have followed all of your directions, & everything worked, until I pressed Shift+Restore. When I Did That <– & Clicked On The IPSW That I Created Through Snow Breeze, it said that I Couldn't use that, Because The firmware was not compatible with my iPhone..? I don't know what else to do :\

I have replied to your same comment here as well. Have a look.

CK3 years, 2 months ago

I Have An iPhone 3Gs 8G

You’ll need to cook a Custom IPSW for your Restoration using Sn0wBreeze 2.7.3. You may follow this guide http://bit.ly/lujZTw to learn how to do so. Make sure you download the latest SB from the same post. Make sure you have put your iP3GS into a Pwned DFU mode before you go ahead with restore using iReb 4 by following this guide http://bit.ly/k8MNtA.

CK3 years, 2 months ago

Im Not sure what im trying to restore too? what ever is best. this is my first time having an iPhone, so I Am Fairly New With all of this, Im sorry.. I dont know what My iOS is either, only because every time I connect my iPhone to my iTunes, Its still in recovery mode, therefore None of the information is available. The only thing that I have done to my iPhone from the time I’ve had it, is put it in recovery mode, I Have yet found anything to reboot it :(

Atleast the model of your iPhone would be helpful. Do try to find it out from the person who gave it to you as a minimal amount of info is definitely required to proceed further.

CK3 years, 2 months ago

Okay, So today I bought an iPhone, the back is orange, & It says iphone 8g.. Im not sure if its a 3gs or what, but I know its not an iPhone 4.. The Problem is my iPhone wont go pass the firmware, It stops & says error code 1015 or whatever(on itunes), I have been up for hours, trying to find something to fix it & nothing has worked.. My Phone is stuck in recovery mode. @pheebs Your method seems to work, could you help me out? I Dont exactly comprehend how you fixed your problem….

What firmware are you trying to restore to? Your iPhone can be a 2G/3G/3GS as well. Since your getting the 1015 error, it should be either a 3G/3GS. Filling me in with your iOS & BB details would be great. Seems like your trying to restore using a stock FW. You cannot do this anymore because it looks like you have updated your BB already to an iPad’s BB. Let me know your exact iPhone model.

Pheeebs3 years, 3 months ago

Ok, I just bought a jailbroken iPhone 3GS. I wanted to unjailbreak it but I made a BIG mistake. I used the “Restore” button on he iPhone. Waited. Then it stalled at the apple logo. That was when I started to do a research, which is what I should’ve done BEFORE unjailbreaking it. :(

So, using iTunes 10.3, I connected it in DFU mode. It only showed as “iPhone” with no version number, model, whatsoever. I tried to restore to
    * iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw
    that I downloaded from redmontpie.com. It wouldn’t restore, saying:

“The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. This device isn’t eligible for requested build.”

So I let iTunes to download the firmware found in apple’s server, which is:
    * iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw
    After it’s done downloading, it went on processing the restore. When almost done, it returned error 1015. Then my iPhone went into restore loop. I tried TinyUmbrella & RecBoot to exit recovery mode but none succeeded.

I then tried installing the restore from iTunes 9.1.1. But when I let it to do it automatically, iTunes 9.1.1 would stall verifying iPhone restore with Apple. I’ve also downloaded this to try with the restore:
    * iPhone2,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw
    But it returned the same “This device isn’t eligible for requested build” error.

Here’s some details of my iPhone

Model: A1303
    Baseband: 06.15.00
    Bootrom: iBoot-359.3

Unfortunately I didn’t lookup its firmware version before deleting its content. Also, I use Mac OS X and have no access to windows.

Thanks in advance!

Pheeebs3 years, 3 months ago

OMG I fixed it using TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery). I downloaded Fix Recovery version 4.3.3 (the firmware version I installed in iTunes 10). I simply dropped the corresponding file onto a Terminal window and press return. Then it started spewing out command line outputs then exit with an error:

Initializing libpois0n
      Waiting for device to enter DFU mode
      opening device 05ac:1227…
      Found device in DFU mode
      Checking if device is compatible with this jailbreak
      [etc]
      [etc]
      libusb:error [darwin_transfer_status] transfer error: timed out
      Exiting libpois0n

Then my iPhone booted up in verbose mode just like a mac when you go into single user mode. And popped the “Connect to iTunes” screen BUT this time it showed an option to make an emergency call and the screen actually has bars & battery indicator like normal. I fired up iTunes 10.3.1, then gave an option to set up a new device or restore from backups.

Thanks a bunch for this site, Wolv! You saved my life! :D

Glad to know everything worked well !! :)

UnformedFaith3 years, 3 months ago

i am running 64bit windows 7 and i have a iphone 3gs that appears to be stuck in recovery loop. it shows the connect to itunes image. iv tried running recboot to kick it out of recovery mode but it is not working. i left it for 6 hours and there was no change. the iphone lights up, shows the apple logo, spins around, shows the green pois0n skull and then after about 30 seconds the screen goes black and then the cycle begins again. how can i fix this? i am stuck and dont know how to fix it. Also i have the latest itunes if that makes a difference…..

Your stuck in a RecoveryLoop. What you can try is TinyUmbrella’s FixRecovery. You can follow this guide http://bit.ly/m8Tt6c which shows you how to use FixRecovery. If 4.2.1 is not your iOS version, you can scroll down and download the respective FixRec for your iOS.

boudi nasser3 years, 3 months ago

hy woverine i have an a iphone 3g :)
    itune 10.3.0
    i tried to restore my iphone 3g but itune show this
    “error 1015″ i tried evry thing but i didn’t make well so plz help :S
    so please step by step :’(

To which iOS have you tried to restore to on your iPhone 3G ? If its 4.1/4.2.1 you can use TinyUmbrella to fix the RecoveryLoop error 1015. Follow this guide http://bit.ly/m8Tt6c and your good to go. It the same for both the iOS. :)

Happy3 years, 3 months ago

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried FixRecovery43 and it didn’t work for me. I got a blank, black Administration window(?). Anyway, I gave RecBoot another try (opened with WinWAR) and got error message, “This application has failed to start because libusb0.dll was not found”. So I guess that’s my problem and i have try to search for how to install libusb, but can’t any guide for my Window Vista 32-bit. Do you guys have any guide for it?

Happy3 years, 3 months ago

oops i meant to reply Pramond’s reply above.

Did you try the FixRecovery43 after putting your iPhone in DFU mode first? You must put your iPhone in DFU mode and then execute FixRecovery43.exe. It should work just fine after that.
      But since your telling me that you want to downgrade your iOS, did you try the method of Custom FW restore that I had mentioned earlier? If not, try it. it should get you back to 3.1.3 w/o any errors/problems jailbroken already.

Happy3 years, 3 months ago

I phone is stuck in Recovery mode after trying to downgrade it (I followed Jaxov’s guild) and I’m trying to get out of it. & yes i tried FixRecovery43 with my phone pitch black, no Apple icon, so I guessed it was in DFU mode?

I would give that method of custom FW a try when I can turn my phone back on again. Thanks so much for your time

Happy, you don’t need to wait for you iPhone to come back On to try the custom IPSW. Go ahead and try it ASAP. All you need to do is to make sure your device is in DFU mode. Once in that mode, go ahead and restore via iTunes by the Shift+Restore trick. All will go smoothly and you’ll iPhone will be as good as new. :)

Happy3 years, 3 months ago

I’ve just tried to downgrade my iPhone 3gs version 4.3.1 to ios 3.1.3. I followed the tutorial & toward the very end, i got stuck on DFU mode with a 1015 error (I know what error 1015 means)

I tried EasyRecovery with .NetFx40 downloaded and it popped up a black Administration screen. I also tried RecBoot and got a message “The application may depend on other compressed files in this folder”(?) with “Extract All”, “Run” & “Cancel” options. I clicked “Run” and RecBoot window popped up, but nothing happened after I clicked “Exit Recovery Mode”.

I have also tried tinyumbrella but it doesn’t recognize my device. Help please & much thanks in advance

Hello Happy,
      When your stuck at the Apple logo, TU will not be able to detect your iPhone in anyway. Also 1015 is a BB mismatch error. Guess you tried to restore to a stock IPSW. To get yourself out of a 4.3.1 RecoveryLoop, follow this guide http://bit.ly/lN0uF4. Make sure you download the Mac variant of FixRecovery43.

Now since your downgrading your iOS to 3.1.3, you’ll need to use custom IPSW to restore your iOS, else it’ll cause the same mismatch error. Download for your iPhone 3GS from here http://bit.ly/ivIkMg and follow the Custom Restore procedure. You’ll be back up and working. Good luck. :)

Mo3 years, 3 months ago

I want to re-jailbreak my device but unfortunately when I put my device in DFU mode, itunes says that “The Iphone software update server could not be contacted.” and therefore I am not able to restore my device because to the costume firmware. I am using a mac and my itunes is not able to contact the app store. Is there a way for me to fix this issue? Can I perhaps not put my device in the DFU mode and jailbreak it?

Thanks.

Patrick3 years, 3 months ago

For some reason your iTunes can not connect to Apple servers to check SHSH blobs for your iDevice. This can cause because:
      1. Apple servers are temporarily down for maintenance.
      2. Your internet connection is not working or is too slow.
      3. Your Windows HOSTS or Mac file is falsely edited. Just remove everything from it -> Reboot your PC and try again!

ss3 years, 3 months ago

post a link to download tu or recboot please

Patrick3 years, 3 months ago

All download links and mirrors are available in the above post.

will3 years, 3 months ago

where do i download recboot from

Patrick3 years, 3 months ago

All download links and mirrors are available in the above post. Please see carefully 8O

Harshan3 years, 3 months ago

I’ve just attempted to update iOS 4.1 of my iphone 3GS (new bootrom) to iOS 4.3 through itunes. Towards the end of the installation, itunes gave an error 1015 and update has terminated and my phone is now with recovery mode (?) with connect to itunes screen. Tried restoring option with itunes but same issue occurs after installing the firmware.

Tried installing tinyambrella and Recboot to exit from recovery mode but both attempts were not useful as the phone goes to the “connect to itune” screen after trying to exit recovery.

Please help.

Patrick3 years, 3 months ago

If both Recboot and TinyUmbrella is not working then it means your firmware is corrupt. You *again* need to restore iOS 4.1 custom IPSW (If u have iPad bb or u reply on an unlock) and stock IPSW (If you do not rely on an unlock).

Joeyz3 years, 3 months ago

Hi my iphone 3g is on recovery mode with error 1015 after restoring it on 4.1 Tiny umbrella and recboot doesnt work for me. Any suggestion on how to get out of this recovery mode?

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

should say when i try to detect which bootroom it is in, it says unknown?

I hope your baseband chip is fine and is not damaged. Anyways, try these alternatives to check bootrom:

On Windows: http://bit.ly/mbH4Oa
      On Mac: http://bit.ly/jKqaQ4

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

Still my problem ain’t solved.

What is your bootrom version? Which firmware you are trying to restore? You got SHSH blobs for the firmware you are trying to restore? Do you want to preserve baseband and unlock your iPhone, if yes then what is your current baseband?

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

bootroom, i dont know, and couldnt find out. 4.3 to a newer Fw. No blobs as i know. Baseband, i dont know, but i want to unlock it.

Ok. Just use this guide to create iOS 4.3.3 IPSW for your iPhone 3GS. Do NOT choose to upgrade your baseband to iPad baseband for now. As iOS 4.3.3 is latest, so you wont be needing SHSH blobs to restore this.

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

So you’ve not encountered this problem before?

Lol. I am into jailbreaking since 2009 :)

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

What do u think i should do then? I got custom firmware on it(4.2.1) and it did work. When i shut down, it didnt wanna start again, not even with iBoot, which i was foretold to be forced to have. i tried to restore it, but it didnt work. now this u’ve told me hasnt worked. what am i doin wrong?

Do you have iOS 4.2.1 SHSH blobs? If yes then you can restore iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW on your iPhone. If you do not have iOS 4.2.1 SHSH blobs, you can only restore iOS 4.3.3 on your iPhone. If you rely on an unlock, use custom IPSW. If you do not rely on an unlock, use stock IPSW. Stock IPSW do not require you to put your iPhone into Pwned DFU mode. Custom IPSW will preserve your baseband but will only restore using Pwned DFU mode. Custom IPSW are of two types:
          1. Which jailbreak your iDevice tethered
          2. Which jailbreak your iDevice untethered

Untethered means you do not need iBooty or any other program to boot your iPhone. Tethered means if your iDevice loses its power, you must use iBooty or TetheredBoot Utility to boot your iDevice into jailbroken state. Ofcourse everyone wants untethered jailbreak.

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

Now 1600 error comes up. Could there be an occurance where my phone isn’t in DFU and Pwned DFU at the same time?

Use this guide http://bit.ly/mKemL0 No, you can either put your iPhone in DFU mode or Pwned DFU mode (One at a time)

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

everything goes as it should except it doesnt want to further than the “preparing for iphone restore”. Still the screen on the phone doesnt show the “connect to itunes” picture as it did before.

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

which is followed up by error message 1601, despite iReb says its in Pwnage state. That’s weird.

According to Apple, when you get 1601 or 1602 error, you must reinstall iTunes http://support.apple.com/kb/TA38633 Take it easy and proceed step-by-step. Your iPhone is not bricked and it never will. I will recommend you to try restoring on another PC or Mac near you instead of reinstalling iTunes on the same PC.

When iPhone is in DFU mode or Pwned DFU mode, it will not show anything on its screen.

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

but i wonder why it just suddenly stopped show anything, and how do i get out of this state?

To get out of this state, you need to restore your iPhone completely. Connecting your iPhone to your PC and then pressing the Home+Power button until your iPhone kicks it out of recovery will just put it into either recovery or back into DFU mode because your iPhone has no proper firmware on it.

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

So by all means my procedure i’ve engaged must succeed? and it will :) ?

It should :D

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

Hi! i’ve got a iphone 3gs, and when i was trying to restoring it when it was jailbreaked(stupid i know :() it got stuck, and wasnt able to restore. When i try to restore it i got error message 1015 in itunes, as in this tutorial. When it got stucked it was in the 4.2.1 version. Noticed that this was an old tutorial, and wondered how i should do? which software is best?

Go to here http://bit.ly/f1adIc and see for the TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) download links under Update#1

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

thanks! are you sure this is the problem? :)

Recboot or TinyUmbrella (Simple) do not work on iOS => 4.2.1. For that, you need special version of TinyUmbrella which uses GreenPois0n exploit yo kick your iPhone out of recovery mode loop.

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

okay! do i first need to install TinyUmbrella, and then in someway attach the recovery fix? Cause the recovery fix doesnt seem to be a program, just a command device? is it someway i can chat with u?

Yeah! Fix recovery is just a command line utility. All u need is fixrecovery42.exe, zlib1.dll and iTunes running in background. Launch fixrecovery42.exe -> Put your iPhone in DFU mode and kick it out of recovery mode loop :)

It didn’t work :(
            I discovered some common problems but it still doesnt work. The iPhone doesnt seem to have any update on it, and wont accept to install any?

What are common problems? Why don’t you restore iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW again?

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

I succeed to reboot it with custom IOS 4.3, although it was locked. I was also forced to start it with iBoot. Now i encountered a problem were it is stuck in some mode when it doesnt seem to start at all. This was when i tried to put in a simcard to see if it worked out with that service. Really doesnt matter, but how can i get it to work if it only stays in white-screen when i try to start it with iBoot? Like i said, it should be an IOS 4.3 (custom) on it, and it worked properly until i pulled out the simholder.

Also noticed that the error message now is 3194, in diffrence to earlier problem.

this is weird.

There is nothing weird :) All process is very easy. To restore iOS 4.3 stock or custom IPSW, you need SHSH blobs and this is why you are getting error 3194 http://bit.ly/elbsND

iOS 4.3 is buggy, it has tethered jailbreak, it provides you with less battery standby time, why are you restoring it? Go for ioS 4.3.3 (No SHSH blobs required)

1. Create iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW by using Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 http://bit.ly/k5I7Qu or PwnageTool 4.3.3.1 http://bit.ly/jMpbKR
        2. Put your iPhone into Pwned DFU mode http://youtu.be/2nMovKzvuIw
        3. Restore iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW using iTunes
        4. Got error? Reply here.

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

okay some simple questions then! Why is wont my iphone start at all? the picture where it says that i should connect it with itunes wont even appear? should i take new bootroom or old bootroom?

Put your iPhone into DFU mode using this guide http://youtu.be/m7idC1Y0hrw and then use iDetector http://bit.ly/eNTqmG to know ur bootrom. Why it is not starting? Because it was never restored successfully. Its not in DFU mode and not in recovery mode. It is just trying to boot but fails because it is tethered jailbreak.

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

will it work to unlock it with this version btw?

Unlocking solely depends on your baseband version http://bit.ly/95CX7y As PwnageTool and Sn0wbreeze will not touch your current baseband, so you will be able to unlock your iPhone (Provided that your current baseband is unlockable)

Joel3 years, 4 months ago

I still got the same problem.
          When i try to restore with the new IOS 4.3.3, it wont even start restore, intstead it give me error message 3194 before the iphone even has started like it did when i tried before.

Camden3 years, 4 months ago

This is very frustrating to me. I’m trying to restore my iPhone (Verizon) to either 4.2.6 or 4.2.8 (I don’t really care at this point.). Whenever I restore to custom firmware, it NEVER works, and I’m either stuck in a DFU mode loop, a recovery mode loop, or stuck at the Apple logo at boot up. This will even happen occasionally with a clean, vanilla, non-jailbroken, 4.2.8 restore. None of the recovery kicking utilities work (iEasyRecovery, iRecovery, RecBoot, TinyUmbrella, iREB, etc.) I have both my 4.2.6 and my 4.2.8 blobs saved to Cydia, but even when I restore to the vanilla 4.2.6 with TU’s assistance, I STILL get error 1013. Cue the recovery/DFU/Apple logo loop. Has anyone else had such a stubborn iPhone? I am seriously reconsidering keeping this device in favor of an Android if I can’t do anything about this.

Please reply!
    –Camden

Just remove everything from your Windows or Mac HOSTS file (Completely) blank. Reboot your computer and try restoring iOS 4.2.8 on your iPhone (Do not run TinyUmbrella in background)

Camden3 years, 4 months ago

I have tried that, but I fixed the problem. All I had to to was download the package specifically designed for recovery fix from TinyUmbrella. I successfully restored to 4.2.6. Yippee!

Thanks for the help.
        -Camden

holeinyourhead3 years, 4 months ago

Thanks Wolverine! Are you using an Iphone? If so which do you have and what what OS are you using?

I have iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.2 (Jailbroken and Unlocked with Gevey) and one iPhone 3G on iOS 4.2.1 (Unlocked+Jailbroken)

holeinyourhead3 years, 4 months ago

Wolverine,

The phone is out of the recovery loop, and is working fine, I can make and receive calls send and receive sms’s etc. Its just the 3.1.3 again is very old and lacks or doesnt have what my previous version did, IE zoom on the camera and other features. What I was asking is what is the latest Ios can I put on the phone without me getting the 1015 error again?

Thanks Again

Give iOS 4.1 a try but if it don works, downgrade back to iPhone OS 3.1.3

holeinyourhead3 years, 4 months ago

One last thing Wolverine,
    3.1.3 is so bare bones is there another update that I can get that wont cause the 1015 error message?

This is a random error which means your restore has been done but device is in recovery mode loop. All you have to do is to use Recboot or TinyUmbrella to fix it. All iOS versions before iOS 4.2.1 are supported by Recboot and TU.

holeinyourhead3 years, 4 months ago

THANK YOU THANK YOU MAN!!!! YOU ARE A ROCK STAR!!!!!

holeinyourhead3 years, 4 months ago

Just to be sure, when the phone is back at the emergency call screen the recovery mode is gone correct?

Yep, when u are on emergency screen, you are out of recovery loop.

holeinyourhead3 years, 4 months ago

Wolverine,

Thanks so much for your tutorial and help. My Iphone was stuck in recovery mode due to an employee at the Apple Store. I do have a concern tho will the phone be restored back to the original settings and also will it still have WIFI capabilites?

It should have all capabilities. You won’t lose Wifi in anycase. So do not worry!

Mahesh3 years, 5 months ago

Wow!! That was great buddy.
    I was stuck with a recovery boot loop with error 1015 for about 6 hours that I tried fixing it. I tried iReb, TinyUmbrella, RedSnow, Snowbreeze, 1015 fixer everything that thought could help me. I googled and pretty much tried everything that I thought would fix this issue.Nothing worked. Ultimately the Recboot tool helped me pull the iDevice out from the 3GS loop…Thanks a lot buddy for the custom script.

happymofo3 years, 5 months ago

yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! this shit really does work
    just follow all of the directions and youll be stokin

burdy3 years, 5 months ago

Yes i know but when i download the firmware should have a box icon right? But mine is in winrar as it is the default one so how do i change the file type

Do not worry what icon shows. Winrar can open IPSW files. To make sure your file ends with .IPSW extension, use this http://bit.ly/hDROgc

burdy3 years, 5 months ago

burdy3 years, 5 months ago

wat to do now?i did wat u say but now im at the recovery screen agn

Recovery or emergency call screen? Have you restored your iPhone on iPhone OS 3.1.2?

burdy3 years, 5 months ago

Restore stock iPhone OS 3.1.2? Can tell me the steps? But now my phone is still at the recovery screen since last night

Yep. It doesn’t mean if you are in recovery or not. Just download this IPSW http://bit.ly/eKWQ4t and SHIFT+Restore with iTunes.

burdy3 years, 5 months ago

oh..but its default programme is opening wif winrar n i cant change it to Apple Device Software Update File.I tried wif mozilla firefox but the file just go missing after download complete.Any idea?

It is for Mac. You can not use LastDFU on Windows.

burdy3 years, 5 months ago

Im saying the IPSW

You have to restore the IPSW with iTunes. Open iTunes, hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Restore button. Browse to iPhone OS 3.1.2 stock IPSW and leave the rest on iTunes.

burdy3 years, 5 months ago

Hi,i have a iphone 3g n i tried restoring it n now im stuck at recovery mode.I tried the recboot n have libusb install but when i press the exit recovery mode button, nothing happen.i hv 4.2.1 version n a ipad firmware which i have forgotten it start wif 6. something

Recboot can not kick iPhone 3G on iOS 4.2.1 but you can use TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) http://bit.ly/f1i6fS to kick your iPhone out of recovery mode loop.

burdy3 years, 5 months ago

can u teach me how to use Tinyumbrella? It seems a liitle bit weird to me.And by the way my home button is spoilt

Nah! You must put your iPhone into DFU mode to kick it out of recovery mode loop. If you have iPhone 2G/3G then you can use LastDFU software http://bit.ly/hEKUrd

burdy3 years, 5 months ago

yeah i have iphone 3g but doea it work on windows?

Nops. Only on Mac till now :( Why don’t you restore stock iPhone OS 3.1.2 and get rid of all restore errors?

adrian3 years, 5 months ago

hi
    so i followed everything downgraded my 3gs from 4.2.1 to 3.1.2 got the error code 1015 so i downloaded recboot run it as administrator and wont kick it out says on the bottom of the program “no deivice found in recovery” i click exit revocery anyway and it does nothing?

plz help…

Jagmeet3 years, 6 months ago

Hello.

This isnt working for me..I still get code 1015. I hav a Mac OS X, iPhone 3GS, and the latest version of iphone. Plz help

Can i know your firmware version?

Jagmeet3 years, 6 months ago

its either: 04.01.13_G – firmware version 1.1.1 or 04.02.04_G – firmware version 1.1.1

Sorry but i asked for the firmware version, not baseband version. Check this tutorial and then tell me your firmware version. Baseband version is different thing.

Jagmeet3 years, 6 months ago

Ops sorry…its 05.14.02

shjkah3 years, 6 months ago

What is the link for libusb?

Use TinyUmbrella, it do not require you to use LibUSB.

Tyn3 years, 6 months ago

Hello I have iPhone 3g.. When I try to restore I keep getting “The iPhone”iphone” cannot be restored at this time because the iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable.” any help with this.. Before this it used to be Error 1015. Thanks

Apple servers were down for sometime last night. Try again.

Benj Jacinto3 years, 7 months ago

Man, Help me.. My iphone4 got stucked on apple logo after I erase & restore it from factory settings… what will i do.. thnaks in advance

Jonathan3 years, 7 months ago

I have an iphone 3GS that I upgraded to 4.2.1 which broke its wifi abilities (I have to be within 2 feet of the router to get service). So I want to downgrade it to 4.1. I have the ipsw file on my machine, but I get the “not eligible” error when trying to restore it.

My versions:
    4.2.1 (8C148a)
    modem firmware 05.15.04

I’d really appreciate any ideas to get my wifi back.

Thanks!

Kelly3 years, 8 months ago

Help help help…. I just completed all steps to downgrade my 3g iphone to 3.1 but I’m stuck in recovery mode due to recboot not working for os 10.4 any advice…. ???

Use TinyUmbrella

Kelly3 years, 8 months ago

Thanks, but I have the same problem when trying to download tinyumbrella, it’s only compatible for os 10.5 not 10.4, there seems to be no way for machines using 10.4… Helllpppp!! I’m really stuck and I really need to use my phone…

Venkat3 years, 8 months ago

You are god of iphones. Really. I have been trying to get rid of 1015 error for almost 24 hours. I tried all possible scenarios, but finally I ended up with your umbrella solution. You are rock man. Thanks a lot for your help.

hugo3 years, 8 months ago

my iphone is the 3g 16gb by the way :P

hugo3 years, 8 months ago

hi i’m new at this. my iphone when i try to turn him on he blocks me a the aple. and i tried to restaur using itunes but in the end shows me always that error 1015 and now the iphone shows me an usb connection on itunes and it’s blocked there. i’m not sure but my frimware it’s 4.2.1. can anyone help me please?

Hugo

umer3 years, 9 months ago

MAN UR AN ANGEL .IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM ,THANKKSSSSSSSSSSSS ALOT .

garupower3 years, 9 months ago

I have a black 16GB iPhone 3G version 4.1 (8B117) model basebad MC135LL 06.04 bootloader my question is if I can download the bootloader to 5.08 in order to lower the baseband using Fuzzyband and then activate it using ultrasn0w from cydia.

however I’ve tried everything from using a firmware on but the itunes tells me that the firmware is not supported and trying to do with Redsn0w jailbeak 0.9.6b6 and second it makes the whole trying to put him jail baseband but I ipad change anything at all because I could only do the jail with limera1n but I can not make the release thanks: D

Need help3 years, 9 months ago

Hey, I’ve got an iphone 3g that has been jailbroken before on 4.1 (and it is still on that) and it’s stuck in recovery mode. Long story short, I just can’t figure out how to install libUSB. How do I do it? I downloaded the newest version from soundforge but its a zip file that just contains a shitload of other folders.
    Recboot is running already, it’s just saying that libusb0.ddl couldn’t be found.
    Please reply soon…

austin3 years, 9 months ago

Was able to get this to work! 3G and its running much more smoothly. No more os 4 thank goodness. i dont have to get a new phone now!

amasis3 years, 9 months ago

Hi…I have a 3g thaton 5.15.04. I want to go back to 4.1. How should I do it?

Thanks!

As your baseband is 5.15.04, so the only way to unlock baseband 5.15.04 is to update it to baseband 06.15.00 through Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 and then unlock it with Ultrasn0w 1.2. As per your question, if your want to downgrade to iOS 4.1, you can always do that on iPhone 3G just by restoring the stock iOS 4.1 which you can download from here. However if you will upgrade your baseband to 06.15.00, you will never be able to restore to stock iOS firmwares (Only custom IPSWs cooked by PwnageTool and Sn0wbreeze will be accepted). Read more info here.

Tommy3 years, 9 months ago

@Wolverine when i try downgreade from 4.2 to 4.1 it gave me another error like 1394 or somthing please help me.

Binoy3 years, 9 months ago

I was using 4.0.1 on 3gs i updated to 4.2.1 but something went wrong and i am stuck on the recovery mode.

Itunes gives me error 1015.

i tried recboot and tiny umbrella but nuothing happens i gets back to the recovery mode.

You need to restore iOS 4.1 or less now, otherwise you won’t be able to kick your device out of recovery mode EVER!

henry3 years, 9 months ago

@ wolverine

I’m in the same state as Binoy(last post) and i have tried all options as seen online but i still cant kick it out of recovery mode.

Please how do i restore?

Follow the step-by-step guide here

Binoy3 years, 9 months ago

when i restore from the itunes it says error 1015.

It tried tiny umbrella and recboot but im still stuck on the recovery mode.

Pls help me.

If i am not wrong, you must be on iOS 4.2.1?

skarleth3 years, 9 months ago

what is itunesmobiledevice.dll??????

You need to place iTunesMobileDevice.dll file in Recboot’s directory!

kmilo1073 years, 10 months ago

Hola algien q ya lo aya echo en un mac gracias
    y el recboot si sirve en snow leopard?

Joe3 years, 10 months ago

Please Help!!!????

When i finally get to the end it saids The Procedure entry point add history could not be located in the dynamic link library readline5.dll. What can I do because I’m kind of a dizt

joey3 years, 10 months ago

i have iphone 3g and it has 3.1.2, i have tried to downgrade it to 3.0 but it gives me error 1015.

can recboot fix my iphone? is there anyother software that i can use apart from itunes?

Yes, use Recboot to kick your device out of recovery mode. Whenever you get 1015 error, it means your restore is complete. All you need at that time is to kick your device out of recovery mode with Recboot or TinyUmbrella help.

tyson3 years, 11 months ago

Im trying to downgrade my 3g on vista….i just keep getting errors from recboot..please help..i dont have a phone till this gets fixed…here is a video of what happens

mahathir3 years, 11 months ago

I tried to download recboot but it didnt open up , it says re-instal might help
    I tried and it didnt work . Help me out please

Make sure you have proper .NET framework installed. Moreover download iTunesMobileDevice.DLL from internet and place it in Recboot directory.

ninibabii863 years, 11 months ago

I have windows vista 32-bit can i still install libusb with no problems?

Yep, 32-bit Windows should have no problem in installing LibUSB. If you have iTunes installed, just download and use it.

loco6963 years, 11 months ago

Can anyone help me?………..
    i am trying to downgrade my 3g ipone to os3.1.3 and cannot d/l recboot from anywhere
    can someone post me a link where i can download this piece of software
    help help help

All links are provided at the end of post.

michael3 years, 11 months ago

i cant get recboot to launch like in the picture, i wont work i had a 1015 error its stuck on a loop recovery mode,i have an iphone 3g i downgraded to 3.1.2, im using windows vista, i cant get recboot to work, how do i install it to work like in the picture with the two selections

Can you please provide me with the error details?

faisal3 years, 8 months ago

dowonload ireb it will fix 3g

NoyPiKoi3 years, 11 months ago

PLEASE HELP!!

I’m using windows xp.
    I went through all the steps.
    And also added a libusb & itunesmobiledevice .dll

But when I open up RecBoot it shows this:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135).
    Click on OK to terminate the application.

Did I do anything wrong?
    Or is anything that I have to do?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    THANKS!!

Patricia3 years, 12 months ago

DON’T update to the 4.1 software! It got my iphone 4 driver deleted from my computer and the ‘Driver Not Found’ message keep popping up. Thank god I found your website. I’ve first installed Libusb followed by RecBoot n just clicked on Enter Recovery Mode; it restarted automatically and everything is fine now. It didn’t require the steps shown on the above video. Lucky :) Don’t bother calling Apple, I was put on hold for almost 20mins because they didn’t know how to fix this problem!

Kelvin Zambrano4 years ago

hey i have a ipod touch 2g mc model. I try to downgrade to 3.1.3. I do everything but at the end right after that error comes up i exit recovering and nothing happens. Plz send me a message on yahoo. HELP!!!

Jack Matthews3 years, 11 months ago

Same has happened to me any fix? i’ve tried everything :(

Atleast tell me the error code so that i can help you both!

Philip Cheng4 years ago

When i was trying to restore the 3.1.3 OS, this message comes up from ITUNES: “The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. This device isn’t eligible for the requested build.”
    this is absolutely unacceptable to allow user like me to downgrade my iphone OS 4 to OS 3 just to get a phone that can answer calls without all the failures. And the way APPLE prevent me to do this is out of reasonably ground. i trusted apple for just over an year and the way they treated me is…. “u think about it”

Wolverine4 years ago

Please mention your iPhone model? Is it 3G, 3GS or iPhone 4?

Rhett Laubach4 years, 1 month ago

I went through all the steps. Including the addition of the libusb dll and the itunesmobiledevice dll and it didnt’ work for me. We are using Windows XP, and iPhone 3G and trying to reboot to 3.1.3. I got all the way to the reboot.exe utility and when I clicked on the buttom to get out of recovery mode, nothing happened. Please advise.

Rhett

Victor4 years, 1 month ago

muchas gracias por la informacion, a mi me funciono bastante bien, y espero que otros usuarios que estan pasando por los mismos problemas que presenta downgrade IOS 4.0 a Iphone OS 3.1.3, puedan encontrar esta sencilla y rapida solucion, denuevo les repito muchisimas gracias.

Wolverine4 years, 1 month ago

Translated (Spanish->English): thank you very much for the information, for me it worked pretty well, and hope that others who are going through the same problems presented IOS Downgrade Iphone 4.0 to OS 3.1.3, may find this simple and quick solution, I repeat many thanks denuevo .