Couple of days ago MuscleNerd, member of iPhone Dev Team tweeted that they will be going to release a tool which will unlock iPhone OS 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.08 in June as soon as the new iPhone 4 comes out. Yup! Its finally here. Ultrasn0w 0.93 has been released by iPhone Dev Team and is fully capable of unlocking iPhone 3G and 3GS running iPhone OS 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.08. Follow our step by step guide below to unlock iPhone 3G / 3GS running iPhone OS 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.08.
Procedure to unlock iPhone 3G / 3GS OS 3.1.3 Baseband 05.12.08
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G / 3GS with Spirit or other jailbreak tools here.
- Once jailbreaked, open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone.
- Touch on "Manage" tab on the bottom.
- Now touch on "Sources" as seen in the screenshot below:
- Touch on "Edit" and then on "Add". You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type "http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com" and touch on "Add Source"
- Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
- After installation is completed. Search for "ultrasn0w" in Cydia and install this application. This app will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.
- Just restart your phone and you are good to go. Now, you should have fully unlocked and jailbroken iPhone 3G / 3GS on OS 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.08.
Number of teams and tools like Thunderst0rm claimed that they are going to unlock iPhone OS 3.1.3 05.12.08 baseband but none of them were able to unlock this baseband until iPhone Dev Team released this version of Ultrasn0w. The above guide is just for educational purpose. Please follow at your own risk as we won't be responsible for any kind of damage done to your device by following the above procedure.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback