iPhone Dev Team has released Ultrasn0w 0.93 which is fully capable of unlocking iPhone 3G / 3GS running latest iOS 4.0. Previously iPhone Dev Team released Ultrasn0w 0.92.1 which could unlock iPhone 3G / 3GS with baseband 04.26.08. However this version of Ultrasn0w can unlock iPhone 3G / 3GS with baseband 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and latest 05.13.04. Please follow our step by step guide below to unlock iPhone 3G/3GS running iOS 4.0.
Procedure to unlock iPhone 3G / 3GS iOS 4.0 with Ultrasn0w 0.93
- First you need to jailbreak your device. iPhone 3G and iPod 2G users can follow iOS 4.0 jailbreak guide here (Windows) | here (Mac) and iPhone 3GS users can jailbreak their iPhone by using PwnageTool bundles.
- Once jailbreaked, open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone.
- Touch on "Manage" tab on the bottom.
- Now touch on "Sources" as seen in the screenshot below:
- Touch on "Edit" and then on "Add". You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type "http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com" and touch on "Add Source"
- Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
- After installation is completed. Search for "ultrasn0w" in Cydia and install this application. This app will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.
- Just restart your iPhone and you are good to go. Now, you should have fully unlocked and jailbroken iPhone 3G / 3GS on iOS 4.0.
Caution: For all those who unlocked their iPhone 3GS iOS 4 baseband 05.11.07 with blacksn0w RC2 are requested to use the above method as the previous one has number of booting speed and Wifi issues. All those who have jailbreaked their iDevice using Spirit tool should stay away from iOS 4.0 until new jailbreak tools are available.
Check out the downloads below:
- Download iOS 4 for iPhone 4/3GS/3G, iPod Touch 2G/3G – Final Version
- Download iTunes 9.2 Beta for Mac
- Download AppSync 4.0 for jailbroken iPhones on iOS 4.0