Jailbreak iOS 4.0 with Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-2 on Windows [Updated]

Few days ago, Redsn0w 0.9.5b5 was released by iPhone Dev Team for Mac OS X only to jailbreak iPhone 3G and iPod Touch running iOS 4 GM. Now Redsn0w 0.9.5 beta 5 for Windows has been officially released by iPhone Dev Team and by using it you can easily jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G on Windows.

Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-2
The new version comes with many new features like enabling multi-tasking, home wallpaper and an option to enable verbose boot mode and battery percentage. It must be noted that this version of Redsn0w is in its beta phase and its only for activated iPhone and cannot be used to hactivate the iPhone.

Download Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta for Windows

Update 1: Jailbreak iOS 4.0 with Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-2 on Mac [Updated]
Update 2: Jailbreak iOS 4.0 with Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 [Hacktivated]
Update 3: Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4: Fix iBooks Issues After iOS 4.0 Jailbreak
Update 4: Download Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 to Fix iOS 4 APN / MMS Issues

kong5 years, 10 months ago

hi, guys i have iphone 3g with 3.1.3 and firmware 5.14.02.can anyone help me to jailbreak and unlock it . thanks

MyThumbs6 years, 2 months ago

I have tried the official download and i keep getting the same error..just telling me invalid. I have tried about 13 different downloads all saying they are the official download. My son accidently updated me from 3.1.3 to the 4.01, I have seen that other are able to still do it by pointing the sn0wbreeze or even redsnow at the 4.0. However mine still says invalid. Please help. Thanks

marco6 years, 3 months ago

hi guys,so i got a iphone 3g with 28.04.08 modemfirmware …using ios3,i should upgrade to iso4 true itunes than i don t got the part with jail breaking wen it ask me on Redsn0w to provide ISPW file,what exactly? :( pls guys my eal i mariusracz@gmail.com my phone i got prasent from a friend but is locked in ornge ,currently unlocked as i use t mobile wen i upgrade from ios3 to ios 3.1 automatically lcked himself to orange again and i neededto pay unlocking and ake me a day to find someoane to do it …THANK YOU ! x

I doubt what you mean by iOS 3 :D. As far as iOS 4 IPSW for iPhone 3G is concerned, you can download it from here. Under “Official Download Links for iOS 4” heading, click on iPhone 3G. Ultrasn0w 0.93 supports carrier unlock for iPhone 3G and 3GS on all baseband versions.

Ryan6 years, 3 months ago

Hey, I’ve downloaded the firmware twice now for the ipod touch 2g, and when i select it in Redsn0w, it ways the ISPW in not recognized.
    What am I doing wrong?

It means you are providing an invalid IPSW file to Redsn0w. Why not try Sn0wbreeze and check if its a valid IPSW file or not?