iH8sn0w recently released Sn0wbreeze 1.6 which allows you to jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3G (old bootrom + non-Spirit jailbreak), iPhone 3G and iPod Toch 2G (non-MC models) on Windows by creating custom IPSW file which can be easily restored on your phone by using iTunes. The following step-by-step guide will explain how you can use Sn0wbreeze 1.6 to jailbreak your iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod Touch 2G.
How to Jailbreak iOS 4 on Windows with Sn0wbreeze 1.6
*Find all download links at the end of the post!
- *Download and install latest iTunes 9.2
- *Download and install .NET Framework 3.5
- *Download and install Sn0wbreeze 1.6
- *Download iOS 4.0 firmware for your device
- Connect your iPhone / iPod Touch to iTunes through USB cable to backup your important data.
- Place Sn0wbreeze 1.6 and iOS 4.0 .IPSW file on your desktop.
- Double-click to launch Sn0wbreeze 1.6. Click OK button to ignore the warning message and Next button to proceed to next step.
- Choose Simple Mode and choose next.
- Now Sn0wbreeze will prompt for IPSW file, click Browse button to locate IPSW file of your iOS 4.0 firmware.
- Once you provide the IPSW file of iOS 4 to Sn0wbreeze, it will process and verify it.
- Once verification is done! Sn0wbreeze will prompt you "Do you want to activate your iPhone?"
- Now sit back and relax while Sn0wbreeze performs a number of automated steps to prepare a custom IPSW file for your iPhone.
- Once the custom IPSW file creation is done, it will prompt you "Is your iPhone 3GX already jailbroken?". Click on the right option!
- Now connect your iPhone to your PC via USB cable and hit on DFU Mode button at the bottom right corner of Sn0wbreeze window.
- Click Start button at the bottom to put your iPhone into DFU mode.
- Now you will see "sn0wbreeze_iPhone 3GX" IPSW file created on your desktop.
Click "Yes" if you want to use your iPhone with unofficial carrier other than AT&T (Hactivation purpose)
Click "No" if you have an official AT&T contract.
How to Restore Custom IPSW File with iTunes
Plug your iPhone to your computer by USB cable and start iTunes. Click on your iPhone icon on the sidebar and once you are in the summary panel, hold down the "Shift" key in Windows ("Alt" key in Mac) and click on the "Restore" button. iTunes will prompt you to select custom IPSW file. Choose the IPSW file you created with Sn0wbreeze 1.6 in the above procedure and wait while iTunes restores your iPhone to custom cooked (jailbroken) iOS 4.0. After a number of automated installation steps, you phone will restart and voila! now you have full jailbroken iPhone running iOS 4.0.
Unlock: Unlock iPhone 3G/3GS baseband 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and latest 05.13.04 on iOS 4 with Ultrasn0w 0.93
Update 1: How to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3G & iPhone 3GS with Sn0wbreeze 1.6
Update 2: Sn0wbreeze 1.6.1 Released! Download Now
Update 3: Fix 16xx Errors During iOS 4 Custom FW Restore Using iReb
Update 4: Sn0wbreeze v1.7 - Jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) / iPod Touch 2G (MC Models) & iPod Touch 3G