If you have jailbreaked iOS 4 on iPhone 3G using PwnageTool and Sn0wbreeze then you might have noticed that there is no option to set an image as your SpringBoard's background. Well you can easily set any image as your SpringBoard's background after doing the hack explained below. Acc. to Steve Jobs, Apple didn't provided the custom wallpaper option in iOS 4 on iPhone 3G to ensure an optimal user experience. However i didn't feel any performance issue after enabling this option.
After adding the hack strings to my N82AP.plist file, i got the following three options for every image saved in my "Camera Roll" and "Wallpaper Section":
- Set Lock Screen
- *Set Home Screen
- Set Both
Enable Home Screen Wallpaper Option on iPhone 3G Running iOS 4
- First step is to install iFile on your iPhone / iPod Touch. You can find step-by-step guide here for iFile installation on iOS 4.0
- Open "iFile" and and go to "root" directory. Tab on top left corner of your screen, it will take you root (/) directory.
- Go to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and look for N82AP.plist file.
- Once you will open N82AP.plist file, you will see the coding regarding your iPhone functions, you will need to edit the file and add "Home Screen Wallpaper" function to it and set it to "TRUE".
- Tab on "Edit" on top left corner of your screen.
- To enable Home Screen Wallpaper add following strings to N82AP.plist file.
- One you are done with adding these strings, just tab on "Save" and "Done" and close the iFile app.
- Restart or respiring your iPhone 3G and now you can set any image in your iPhone as a home screen wallpaper.