Blacksn0w RC2 has been released for iOS 4. This version of blacksn0w is a combination original blacksn0w (released by GeoHot) and the binaries recently released by MSFT guy for 05.11.07 baseband on iPhone 3GS, running iOS 4 GM. This is an unofficial update of blacksn0w, and is released by the same developer who released updated version of balcksn0w to unlock iPhone 3.1.3 05.11.07 Baseband. Please read the notes carefully before attempting the given procedure.
Here are the notes/description mentioned on developer's site:
Use on Modem Firmware 05.11.07 ONLY!
V1.2: Support for 4.0 GM. Backwards compatible to 3.1.2/3 as well. V1.1: MyWi tethering fix
Geohot’s unlock for 3.1.2/3.1.3/4.0GM on the iPhone 3GS (and probably 3G). Please donate at http://blackra1n.com/ if you enjoy.
With 3.1.3 & 4.0 GM patch (when needed) by msft.guy. Packaged by Pushfix.info
This is an unofficial release but Geohot HAS given me permission to redistribute blacksn0w. All known issues with WiFi loss and boot loops seem to be fixed. If it doesn’t work for some reason, you should still get the SpringBoard. This allows you to uninstall if necessary. It is a little slower to boot because of the increased safety of the release. A 3GS boots to cell connection established in about 90 seconds in iOS 4 now (50% slower than 3.1.X).
Improvements may be made in the future.
As mentioned, this guide will help you to unlock your iPhone 3GS on iOS 4, baseband 05.11.07 with blacksn0w RC2. Moreover, it is reported that the tool is little buggy at the moment, causing delays in your iPhone booting, at least 90 seconds on every reboot. Since this is an unofficial version of the tool, so we don't recommend it. Wait for official public release of iOS 4, which is expected on 21st June.
Steps To Unlock iOS 4 via Blacksnow
- First you will need to jailbreak your iPhone 3GS on iOS 4 using Pwnagetool. Step-wise procedure is posted here
- To unlock your jailbroken iPhone using blacksn0w, follow these steps:
- Start "Cydia" on your iPhone.
- Touch on "Manage" tab on the bottom.
- Now touch on "Sources" as seen in the screenshot below:
- Touch on "Edit" and then on "Add". You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type "http://cydia.pushfix.info" and touch on "Add Source"
- Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
- After installation is completed. Search for "blacksn0w RC2 for iOS 4" in Cydia and install this application. This application will then automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.
[Thanks to Redmondpie for update]
iOS 4 Jailbreak/Unlock Summary
Jailbreak: Apple has released iOS 4 final built/version. iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G users can use latest Redsn0w (0.9.5b5-3) for Windows/Mac to jailbreak iOS 4, and iPhone 3GS users can use PwnageTool Bundles to jailbreak iOS 4. GeoHot has also claimed to jailbreak OS 4.0 with Blackra1n tool, but tool hasn't arrived yet.
Unlock: As promised, after public release of iOS 4.0, Dev-Team has released Ultrasn0w 0.93 to unlock iPhone 3G/3GS running latest iOS 4 with baseband 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and latest 05.13.04. Previously, Dev-Team released Ultrasn0w 0.92.1 to unlock iPhone 3G/3GS with baseband 04.26.08. iPhone 3GS users may also use Blacksn0w RC2 for unlock, but it's not an official tool and bit buggy as well.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback