RecBoot: Put Your iPhone in Recovery Mode With Single Click

RecBoot is a free utility for Windows and Mac users which allow you to put your iPhone / iPod Touch in recovery mode easily. Its a great utility for for those iPhone users who's iPhone Home or Sleep/Wake button is not fully functional. Moreover this utility saves you from learning the 3-4 steps of putting your iPhone into recovery mode manually. Normally you need to put your iPhone into recovery mode when your want to do a firmware restore.

RecBoot has very simple interface, only two buttons i-e "Enter Recovery Mode" which puts your iPhone to recovery mode and "Exit Recovery Mode" which takes your iPhone out of recovery mode option. The program requires LibUSB utility whos setup is included in the zip package.
RecBoot App For Windows And Mac RecBoot: Put Your iPhone in Recovery Mode With Single Click
Manual method to put your iPhone into recovery includes the following steps:

1. Connect your iPhone to iTunes.
  2. Press and hold the "Home" and "Sleep/Wake" button at the same time.
  3. As soon as your iPhone screen goes black, release the "Sleep/Wake" button and continue pressing the "Home" button until you see a popup on your computer screen saying "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode".

Download RecBoot application for Windows
Download RecBoot application for Mac

Update#1: Fix iTunes 1015 Restore Error with RecBoot During iOS 4 Downgrade
Update#2: Windows 7 and Windows Vista (64-bit) users can follow this tutorial to install LibUSB without any issues.
Update#3: Now you can also use TinyUmbrella to kick your device out from recovery mode. Doesn't require LibUSB, all it needs is iTunes and JRE installed on your computer.
Update#4: RecBoot v1.3 has been released.
Update#5: With LAST DFU sofware, now you can put your iPhone into DFU mode with a single click. Click here for more information.
Update#6: RecBoot 2.0 has been released. Click here to download.
Update#7: Download RecBoot 2.1 for Mac OS X 10.5.x and above.
Update#8: Download RecBoot 2.2 for Mac OS X 10.5.x and above.
Update#9: Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) to fix iOS 4.2.1 recovery mode loop issue.
Update#10: Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) to fix iOS 4.3 (NOT iOS 4.3.1) recovery mode loop issue.
Update#11: Download TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3.2/4.3.1 to exit recovery loop
Update#12: Download TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3.3 to exit recovery mode loop

Related Posts:

gill1 month, 2 weeks ago

Hi my son has had his ipod touch 5 screen repaired and now the home button doesn’t work. he cant remember his passcode. please help. I under stand I need to put ipod in recovery mode but i have no idea.

Jordon1 month, 2 weeks ago

I have an iPhone 4. Lock Button is broken. Can’t turn the phone off, or put it into recovery mood. I can’t find the link to download ReBoot anywhere.. Can someone help?

Sharleene5 months, 3 weeks ago

I cant seem to do this help phones is disabled daughter put wrong passcode in and its never been connected to itunes

Giovanni5 months, 3 weeks ago

i have iphone 4 ios 7….. i have same problem and i tried recboot and tinyumbrella but it doen’t work. any help?

Shaan4 months, 3 weeks ago

Won’t work on ios7

Giovanni5 months, 3 weeks ago

hi my iphone is in recovery mode and i don’t want to lose all my pictures and videos. i tried recboot and tinyumbrella but it wont work. im using latest ios 7 thanks in advance!!!

Ric5 months, 4 weeks ago

OMG, THANK YOU SO MUCH! My iPhone 5S got stuck in recovery mode and nothing I did worked, every other site told me to go for redsn0w but it’s outdated! THANKS, I LOVE YOU.

Nikki5 months, 4 weeks ago

Its not working, it says it cant start because QTMLClient.Dll is missing

janiel1 month, 1 week ago

same thing happen to me

Josh6 months ago

Thank you very much for this. I had an iPhone 4 with a broken home button and forgot the password and this was the only thing that worked after trying and reading on so many other methods. You saved my phone!

JD6 months ago

while doing jailbreak on my 3gs, i lost my phones imei, bluetooth, wifi and everything elsewill i be able to recover all this from RecBoot?

jayr6 months ago

will recboot recognize my device even if its stuck on a boot logo loot?? home button dont work btw.. if it doesnt, is there any other applicatio/program that could help put my phone into dfu mode or help it be recognized by itunes?? plss help ty

Patrick Gumban6 months ago

Hi, if you are looking to put your device in DFU mode with a broken home button, you can use this guide. Let me know if it works! :)

joelB6 months, 1 week ago

when ever i try putting my ipod 4 gen into recovery mode, a pop up comes up and says this “the program can’t start because QTMLClient.DLL is missing from this computer. try re-installing the program to fix this promblem.” I’ve tried re installed the program multiple times and each time they say the same  thing. i would greatly appreciate help. thanks.

kyle6 months, 2 weeks ago

i tried to jail break my ipohne 4s (7.0.4) and it is stuck at the apple screen and has been for 3 hours now and it wont connect to the computer becuase it isnt fully on pease help

MaCk Gaze6 months, 3 weeks ago

i have an ipod cLassic which is 120GB and i used this software and tried restoring my ipod using itunes but it never workedbut  the problem i have with my ipod cLassic is that, i’ve been trying to restore my ipod but i keep getting this message saying itunes has detected ipod in recovery mode. use itunes to restore ipod before ipod can be used with itunesso i want ta ask if ther’s any good solution out ther to solve viz problemthsnks

samuel7 months, 3 weeks ago

i have an ipod touch 5 and its stuck in recovery mode it has my charger symbol on  it.can u please help me i desperate. i tried holding the two buttons down and none of them worked when i go to restore it on my laptop. it doesnt let me for some reason.

Patrick Gumban7 months, 3 weeks ago

Have you tried downloading TinyUmbrella and using the exit recovery function?

sierra gildson7 months, 4 weeks ago

If my iphone 4s is locked, i tried putting in the code but it say disable connect to itunes but the problem is is my lock button doesent work how can i reboot or restore my phone?

ry8 months ago

ive been using this eversince this summer ’13. and its always quick and reliable. but when i upgraded to ios 7.0.4, my ipad 3 and iphone 5s failed to, both went to recovery mode and went to recboot. thought its gonna be easy like the past encounters ive had. but everytime i click exit recovery mode, it just keeps going back to that logo of itunes and usb cable. how come its not working anymore?! HELP ME PLS :(

Lighty8 months, 1 week ago

Every time I try to exit recovery mode on my iPod touch 4th generation, the apple logo comes up for about 2 seconds then it goes straight back into recovery mode. I have tried all the websites which people have suggested but none are working. Can someone help me?!

derf8 months, 1 week ago

wow! thank you so much for this! I updated to 7.0.4 and was stuck in recovery mode for some reasons. I used this and it was great! fixed the problem in just one click! Thanks again. :)

Patrick Gumban8 months, 1 week ago

Glad it worked for you. :)

ry8 months ago

Same problem happened to me. Updating to 7.0.4 but it doesnt work?! it goes to apple logo then back to the itunes and usb cable :( help….

Paul9 months, 2 weeks ago

Hey, I have a jailbroken iPad 2 and i deleted all the cydia files and tried to update to ios7 (stupid me) when i launch recBoot it does everything but my ipad just restarts to the recovery mode screen -_- any help, I am on a mac thnaks

Kay9 months, 3 weeks ago

I am stuck when i press “Enter recovery mode” i get a pop up saying (The procedure entry point CFCopyDescription could not be located in the dynamic link library QTMLClient)

Patrick Gumban9 months, 2 weeks ago

Here’s a possible solution for you:
      There may be 2 copies of qtmlclient.dll on your system (one possibly belonging to Adobe Photoshop), rename the one from PS and run it again.

Josh Antill8 months, 2 weeks ago

I don’t have Adobe Photoshop on my computer, and it still wont boot cause it says I’m missing the DLL file. Any clue?

Aligo9 months, 3 weeks ago

Thank you…it worked really easily first time!

Don Pascoe10 months ago

I am stuck with the Itunes / Usb screen. When opening RecBoot I have both the Exit Recovery and Enter Recovery buttons available but it is saying “No Device Connected”. Any thoughts? I am trying this recovery fix on a mac. Thanks for any guidance.

Patrick Gumban10 months ago

If Recboot is not playing nice, you might want to try Redsn0w’s recovery fix instead. Let me know how that works.

Ron10 months ago

Hi…I’m trying to get an ipad3 out of recovery mode without losing my son’s school data. It got stuck while trying to upgrade to ios 7. Can you send me a link to download?thanks.

Ellis10 months, 1 week ago

I’m trying to exit recovery mode and it just wont work, it does the whole apple logo thing up for ages, like it should when it’s exiting recovery, but after about 2 minutes I get the connect to itunes thing again, could you help please?

Patrick Gumban10 months, 1 week ago

If you are trying to exit Recovery Mode, you might want to try Redsn0w’s recovery fix. Download redsn0w 0.9.15b3, select Extras > Recovery Fix. Hope this works!

Ellis10 months, 1 week ago

Brilliant, it worked! Thanks a lot for your help.

Louis10 months ago

I tried that already and it did not work.  What should I do?

Patrick Gumban10 months ago

Hmm.. what about TinyUmbrella? Have you tried that?

Louis10 months ago

Yes when I try It down not work.  When it tries to get it out it goes back in.

help10 months, 1 week ago

hey i tried upgrading to ios 7 from my jailbroken ipad , then it got stuck in recovery mode.. will this method unock it .. i tried using reccboot before but it kept saying unhandle exceptions.. i also found a method , that downloaded dll files ..so i put them in the file with the reccboot .. was i supose to extract the programs within the file and make a new file then run program?

Patrick Gumban10 months, 1 week ago

If Recboot doesn’t work for you. I suggest you use latest Redsn0w to kick your iPad out of recovery mode. Just navigate to Extras > Recovery Fix. Let me know how that works for you.

Reggy10 months ago

i did the same thing, i tried upgrading to ios 7 but then it got stuck in recovery mode. i tried to use Redsn0w but it doesn’t seems to work, it said “A simple version of “Recovery Fix” has been applied to your ipad2. The more comprehensive version is not currently available for A5 or later devices.”. What can i do to out of this recovery mode without losing my photos?

Help12310 months ago

Redsn0w isn’t working either for me…

Patrick Gumban10 months ago

How about TinyUmbrella or iReb? They’re worth giving a try.

Louis9 months, 2 weeks ago

I tried that still not working.

Sally10 months, 1 week ago

I can’t get this to work through Windows…

Danny10 months, 1 week ago

the link for ITUNESMOBILEDEVICE.DLL  does not work is there any other link

Patrick Gumban10 months, 1 week ago

You can try these links. (1, 2) Let me know if these worked for you. :)

Sami10 months, 1 week ago

RecBoot won’t work. It says it’s putting my ipod 4th gen into recovery mode and then nothing happens. My ipod doesn’t go into recovery.If it helps any, I’m using Windows 7 x64

Owen10 months, 2 weeks ago

Um the mac link is not working…

kumarajeewa11 months, 3 weeks ago

What is a Auto way

Regena12 months ago

if you use this program to put device into recovery mode will itunes detect a device in recovery mode? and then if so could you restore it at that point?

that_guy11 months, 3 weeks ago

olumide12 months ago

Does recboot require internet connection?

that_guy11 months, 3 weeks ago

Eric1 year ago

is there any way to put my iphone on recovery mode without using the power on/off buttom? the reason is because it does not work.

Andrew Frucht1 year ago

Private Money1 year ago

Wow. There’s so significantly information here it hurts my head. Excellent job

will1 year ago

Still working on ipod 5th THANKS!

Zyge1 year ago

Hey,Well i just downloaded the files and the program, but the problem is that my iphone is disabled, so how do i enter the mode to recover it/reset it?

Luis1 year, 1 month ago

When i hit ENTER RECOVERY MODE on Recboot a terminal window opens up saying “no error” what do i do?

codyak1 year, 1 month ago

Which one works? i really need to restore/recover/put in dfu mode my iphone 3gs…

Andrew1 year, 1 month ago

could this be used to jailbreak?

MM1 year, 2 months ago

Thank you very much! I tried to update my iPod touch to ios 6.1.3 and it went into recovery mode. Nothing worked. Then I saw RecBoot and gave it a go. I was easy and fast to download and use. It worked straight away. I can’t thank you enough!

lulu1 year, 2 months ago

worked for my iPod touch 4! Thanks a lot!! :)

Tu1 year, 2 months ago

its not putting it into recovery mode, it just says that it is and doesnt do anything, i let it sit for 45 minutes and nothing?!

Ben1 year, 2 months ago

Why is this saying my computer is missing QTML Client.DLL? what is that?

noah1 year, 3 months ago

can this work for ipod touch 1g?

edmund1 year, 3 months ago

this is fucking amazing.. thanks for this..

Hasas1 year, 3 months ago

how much time recboot takes in kicking out iphone from dfu mode?

BEGOODTOGREEN1 year, 4 months ago

i tried to restore my ipod touch 4th gener but it stuck on waiting for ipod! i tried every method but it dosnt work. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANYBODY HELP ME HOW TO FIX AND RESTORE IT

zacky1 year, 4 months ago

thx a lot.. :)

Qasim1 year, 4 months ago

I trie to restore my iphone 3g and its stuck in recovery mode! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP. OR ELSE ILL GET KILLED.

Mo Nadat1 year, 4 months ago

Make sure you haven’t got an OCD firewall and allow exceptions on your Firewall Settings on Windows XP. I’m not sure if its the same for Windows 7 or 8

Thanks,
      Mo

Hannah1 year, 4 months ago

hi, my iPod 4th generation 8gb, is stuck in recovery mode, i clicked to update my ipod just the new version whcih has never done this before but i have lots of photos and videos i dont want to loose and i was just wondering will this delete my videos if i use it to exit recovery mode?

Mo Nadat1 year, 4 months ago

I had an iPod 4G 8gb and I updated but it failed. It turned out i had an OCD firewall ;) and when i restored it I got my pics but I backed mine up the day before

Mo

Me not you1 year, 4 months ago

Best thing ever. Easy and fast. Less than 5 min from DLing the program to getting my phone restarted

Andrew1 year, 4 months ago

does anybody know if this works for the iphone 4s with ios 6.1.1? My device keeps rebooting but never gets past the apple logo. I can manually put it into DFU mode but not recovery. If anybody know the right direction I would appreciate it.

Samantha1 year, 5 months ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH this saved my phone <333

Mohammed1 year, 5 months ago

How long does it take to be forced out of Recovery Mode?

Samantha1 year, 5 months ago

Didn’t take long at all for me, maybe a couple of minutes. Super easy process, I definitely recommend it

Mo Nadat1 year, 4 months ago

Thanks turns out i had a bit of a f***cked up fire wall ;)

kiiwii1 year, 5 months ago

Hi, can anyone verify how long the process takes to exit recovery mode using RecBoot.. thanks in advance

cake1 year, 6 months ago

does the ipod need to be jailbroken??

cake1 year, 6 months ago

does this work for ipod 4g? how long should it take?? mine just keeps flashing in and out of recovery mode

clo1 year, 6 months ago

how long does this usually take to ? :)

Sab1 year, 6 months ago

Hi i used fix recovery on my ipad 1 3.2.2 and now it doesnt work and impossible to us DFU modeMy ipad was on loop recovery so i didnt know was only for ios 4.2 . Help me. thank you

andi gonzales1 year, 6 months ago

my iphone 3g is stuck on recovery mode, how do i fix it?

marty1 year, 7 months ago

thanks that worked on my iphone 3gs it went into recovery mode and i got it going again thanks so much great help

rob1 year, 7 months ago

Have iPod 4 with cracked screen and broken Home/Power button that is locked for 22 million minutes. I want to restore it before handing it over to someone for repair. Recboot does nothing more than say the device is “Entering recovery mode”. I still can’t restore with iTunes. what am I missing here?

Tyler1 year, 7 months ago

I also have the same problem with the first gen running windows 7  premium 64 bit

RAJ1 year, 7 months ago

i have iphone 3gs i am unable to restore or upgrade anything..even my iphone is not turning on just showing in charging mode after connecting cable. i have tried everything.. in itunes showing error 3194… even i had tried hosts file too that also not working plz help me to get out of this prob….one more thing i went to the experts but he also fail to get out of this problemplease help me

mavodice1 year, 7 months ago

My wifes iphone 4(os6-orginal, without jailbreak) got droped in water. It was under water for a few seconds. Emediatly it was turnd of (aparently on his own) and batery was taken out in about an hour or two. Inside was barely drop or two of water. It vas lef like that for two days and then put together. It was put on charger an there was only black screen. I tried everything (redsnow, tyny umbrela, snowbreez, and it only says “your phone is in dfu mode, and soft dfu mode”. On i tunes calls error 1601 and 3461. When i tried on redsnow it got stucked on screen saying “waiting for reboot”.How do i fix this.Please help. Sry for bad english, not my native.

mavodice1 year, 7 months ago

Forgot to write that i tunes recognize iphone in recovery mode.

Tyler (Jaxov Team)1 year, 7 months ago

After being in water, the problems could be endless, and there’s no guarantee that it will be working perfectly again. If it wasn’t working before you tried the jailbreak methods, chances are things may not be fixable.

Modrified1 year, 7 months ago

Thank you very much for this post! I have been working on my 3gs for hours trying to remove it out of the recovery mode loop. This program took it out of the loop very quickly and now iphone is working again. FYI: I got stuck in the recovery mode loop after updating to 6.0.1. firmware

Tyler (Jaxov Team)1 year, 7 months ago

Glad it worked for you!

Josee1 year, 7 months ago

Hi, my ipod got wet on vacation at the ocean. It was left to dry at the hotel for a week. When we got home it went into a bag of rice for three days. Today I plugged it in the the charge cable and it came on and charged but gives me the connect to  iTunes screen, but when I try to connect it tells me that ‘ iTunes could not connect to the iPod because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes.’ How can I enter the passcode if I can’t access the screen? Also I can’t get the iPod to turn off……..any ideas???

Tyler (Jaxov Team)1 year, 7 months ago

Hi Josee, speaking from personal experience of dropping a phone into the ocean. It’s not the same as dropping it into regular tap water and letting it dry, the ocean is salt water, and it’s highly possible that the insides are all corroded from the salt now, thus the reason the screen won’t turn on. That’s what happened to mine after letting it dry, so you might be out of luck.

Josee1 year, 1 month ago

Hi Tyler, I do get a visible screen, it doesn’t respond to touch however so I can’t enter the passcode in order to try and reformat………

Jchungie1 year, 8 months ago

Hi there, ive seem to have this reoccurring problem error saying “the procedure entry point CFcopydescription could not be located in the dynamic link library QTMLClient” How can i fix this? this has been driving me insane Thanks

Tyler (Jaxov Team)1 year, 8 months ago

Here’s a possible solution that we’ve found:
      There may be 2 copies of qtmlclient.dll on your system (one possibly belonging to Adobe Photoshop), rename the Photoshop one and run it again.

liz baker1 year, 8 months ago

THANK YOU!!! OH MY GOSH YOU SAVED IT! i thought this was just going to give my computer a virus or something but it actually works!

Jaxov Team1 year, 8 months ago

No problem ;-) Glad we could help.

Jacee1 year, 9 months ago

plss helpI cant get out from recovery modeEverytimy when recboot try to get my iphone out from rec.mode it comes backhelp!!!!!!!!!

chris1 year, 9 months ago

This program will not enter my ipod into recovery mode. Neither will the manual way. I have not been able to find a single thing that will unlock my ipod touch. Somebody give me some help please.

sandesh shretha1 year, 9 months ago

what to do my iphone is frozen from 2 days and i am not able to restore it cause itune dont support it what to do with this? plz help me

Shyam1 year, 9 months ago

how to recover or reboot iphone 3?I lost all softwares when i tried to recover factory settings.Now it just shows itune signs.

vb51 year, 10 months ago

Hi,I tried to upgrade my ipad 2 to ios6. My devoce was jailbroken.Now it shows “device is in recovery mode- click itunes to restore”. I am sure it will wipe off all the pictures and videos from my ipad.I have tried ifaith, iReb, and tiny umbrella… but no use.Is there any way to retrieve the data from ipad?

Patrick Gumban1 year, 10 months ago

Hi, don’t you have a backup for all of your important files in iTunes?

vb51 year, 10 months ago

no….. there was some issue with the laptop.. so most of the data is from ipad camera….can i retrieve data by any means?

Sammi1 year, 10 months ago

When I try to restore my ipod touch it says that it is not compatible for restoration, but the mac version isn’t available any more. Does anyone know another way?

MAS1 year, 10 months ago

FYI, the Mac version has been removed from Mediafire due to a supposed TOS violation.

Shea1 year, 10 months ago

My iPod won’t connect to iTunes, help!

jacks1 year, 10 months ago

i need to get my phone out of recovery mode without lossin data 3gs 4.1 jailbroken pleasee help

Steve1 year, 10 months ago

This helped me get out of recovery mode. I was glad when that happened. I thought I had to get a new Ipod touch when it was stuck in recovery mode. So hopefully it works for some of you guys! I was trying to restore my ipod but it didn’t work, so luckily this was able to make it come back to me.

Aswaney Mahesh1 year, 11 months ago

Hi Pramod.It was one of the fine mornings in office till i made my last call on my 3g apple and called my electrician to fix my phone connection at the back of my chair.Lo behold the guy put my chair aside and rammed his hand on my phone lying in front of me on my desk.I CAME BACK and found my phone blacked out.I yelled at the electrician and he said i didn’t do anything except i pressed the phone accidentally.
    I have precious data in my phones my world wide contacts,my my site pics etc.

Please treat this as a SOS and I will be very grateful if you can get me out of this calamity.

Thanking you in anticipation of your brilliance.

Christie1 year, 11 months ago

my husband started a restore on my daughter’s phone not realizing that the phone hadn’t been synced for a while and all of her photos would be lost. the phone is stuck in recovery mode and itunes is telling us we need to restore the phone. can recboot kick the phone out of recovery mode so we can transfer the photos before restoring the phone?

sarah1 year, 10 months ago

this is exactly what i need too!! can someone please reply because i am freaking out and i dont know if recboot is working. i havent backed up my phone in a while and i cannot lose everything so i dont want to restore. HELP!!!

Owen5 months, 3 weeks ago

Yes. It kicks it out of recovery, and restores it to what it was last time it was out of recovery mode.

1r0Nm4N2 years ago

OMG Thank you so much i REALLY needed this. Thank you SOOO much
    Is there a way to donate your work?

Sdestery2 years, 1 month ago

When I click Exit Recovery Mode, the window that comes up shuts automatically. How do I get it to stay?

Allen Milly2 years, 2 months ago

My ex locked everything on my android. 2. Now everything is blocked..can’t open settings,,its mostly totally locked dowm. I fojnd out he locked all my files n everything down..I heard if I can get into settings..which I can’t,,I can delete parenting directory n have my apps.photos, important files n folders recovered. Well how do I get the controlls to open n reboot,,_

Allen Milly2 years, 2 months ago

My android 2 phonewas set up parenting directory I cannot figure how to disable. This controll has almost everything locked n blocked,,even the settings is blocked from opening the aplications,,I need to get to where my phone has no parenting controll,,is there a way to disable this controllers

Daniel Solfa2 years, 2 months ago

thanks dude…you really helped me out :)

David DB2 years, 3 months ago

Cool!

Aidan Dodd2 years, 3 months ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
    YOU DON’T KNOW HOW GRATEFUL I AM FOR YOUR HARD WORK
    AND EFFORT TO MAKE THIS PROGRAM!!!
    My iPod Has Been Stuck In A DFU Loop All Day And When I Ran This Program It Came To Life!

Pesmerga2 years, 3 months ago

We didn’t exactly make the program, we just shared the information. But I’m glad it worked for you. :)

Pshoobridge2 years, 3 months ago

Will Recboot work when upgrading to iso5?

Sdf2 years, 3 months ago

This worked like magic!! Just cancelled my Genius Bar appointment that I made in a last bid of desperation. Thanks so much

heather2 years, 3 months ago

my iphone is stuck in recovery mode on the connect to itunes screen. it only turns on when it is plugged in. ive tried updating my itunes, and putting it in dfu mode. when i went to restore on itunes it didnt work. i just tried recboot and now it is going from the apple logo screen to a black screen for about 10 minutes now. help me please!!!

Sdestery2 years, 1 month ago

Well before, the logo to black happened to me and the geniuses at Apple had me restore my iPod… but if you cant do that, I don’t know what to tell you

Das38012 years, 4 months ago

mine isn’t working. it says going into recovery, but nothing happens to the phone.

Moose2 years, 4 months ago

Worked ! <3

Dominic2 years, 4 months ago

Well actually i have an iPhone 4s and wanted it to upgrade to the new OS 5.2..
    Phone fall in recovery mode an was unable to restore..
    This program helped it out!!
    Thank you guys!!!

Edwin Finnerty2 years, 4 months ago

I thought my iPod Touch 2nd gen was done for. Thanks for this!

Marcydfl2 years, 4 months ago

I have a iphone 3gs that has been hacked with cydia and it recently decided to go into recovery mode all by itself, how do i get the thing back again? There has to be an easy way right?

Pesmerga2 years, 4 months ago

You can download the latest version of Redsn0w. Go to Extras > Recovery Fix and the follow Redsn0w’s instruction on how to go into DFU mode. It’s pretty easy. :)

Kirby2 years, 5 months ago

OMG! i tried everything, and nothing worked, but when i tried recboot, it worked! thank you so much!!!!

Dan2 years, 5 months ago

YOU SAVED MY LIFE!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris2 years, 5 months ago

RecBoot – You ROCK!!  I bought a very slightly used iPad 2 for my wife who uses it a lot but does not sync – you just saved the Christmas photos and videos and the contacts that have not yet been backed up (that will be backed up now that RecBoot got the iPad out of recovery mode that is!!) Info – iPad 2, version 4.3.5 (original) THANKS!!

Katie_lott192 years, 5 months ago

i have a ipod touch 3rd gen and all i get is the apple symbol when i turn it on what am i supposed to do ?

Reddog5922 years, 6 months ago

my  daughter typed the wrong password ito my ipod touch and disabled it for 200,000 minutes.. i know the correct password, but how do i reset this faster then waiting a week? i already tried a restore but it wont go past the lockout!

Pesmerga2 years, 6 months ago

HI,

It sounds like you may need to put it into DFU Mode and restore, or you may have to wait it out.

Hata2 years, 6 months ago

hey im getting an error saying ‘QTMLClient.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.’

any idea what this is ?

mikeperry12 years, 7 months ago

Hi, i have a iphone 4 on what i believe is basic 4.0 firmware, it is not jailbroken (although my 3g was, and i carried over that restore file when i got my new phone, if that is at all relevant.) and when it was running a little slow i figured id turn it off and back on again to speed things up, and during that process it just went into the connect to itunes screen, i tried using Recboot to kick it out but it now it just goes from the apple logo to recovery/dfu mode then off again. I do not know what to do, as i have thousands of photos and numbers and other precious data i dont want to lose. I havent synced it in awhile, and other than manually SSH’ing it out (which i dont know how to do, and if it is even possible). im really stuck here, if anyone has any adivce, id greatly appreciate it.

sam2 years, 7 months ago

Can you please let me know how I can unlock 4.3.5 with Gevey ultra, thanks

ultratdog842 years, 7 months ago

does this work even if you are missing some buttons

Yes, but it may not work with the latest iOS version because its lagging very much behind in terms of an update.

jordan2 years, 8 months ago

hi

i jut got this because i was getting an error 3194 and now i press exit recovery mode and it keeps going to the apple sign the the connect to itunes and back to the apple sign over and over again

plz help me i need help

Error 3194 suggests that you don’t have the necessary SHSH to restore your device with. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX to understand the situation much better.

mahek2 years, 8 months ago

hi….
    i just got my iphone form my bro and the response time was very slow …so i decided to restore …
    then i restored by selecting erase and restore in settings option ..!
    but forgot to check out on which firmware was it running .!
    and i even asked my bro ..he said he doesnt remember ..!
    I used redsnow 0.9.2 to set it in DFU mode..!
    then it started but now it is stuck on ‘connect it to itunes’.!
    and itunes is showing iphone software has a problem connect to the internet..!

can u please tell what should i do …!!??

Use Redsn0w 0.9.9b8′s Recovery fix option from under the Extras tab to kick your device out of it.

sam2 years, 8 months ago

i have a ipod 4 and i never updated it and jailbroke it with limera1n now its in recovery mode loop help!!!!!!!!!!!!!please!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Which iOS version were you running prior to the recovery loop?

Saad1 year, 11 months ago

5.1.1.. Please help mee too! :(

ultratdog842 years, 8 months ago

does this work for ipod touchs 2nd gen and 4th gen

RecBoot would work if you were still running an ancient version of the iOS. Doesn’t work with the latest iterations AFAIK.

linh2 years, 8 months ago

okay so the only saved shsh i have is 4.3.5 and i did everything from the post on how to save shsh blobs when in recovery mode, but i still get error 1 on itunes. please help me? :(

RecBoot doesn’t work. Put your device into a pwned DFU mode first & restore it to a stock iOS 4.3.5 IPSW. Next, use Redsn0w’s Recovery Fix instead to kick your device out of the recovery loop.

linh2 years, 8 months ago

im still not quite understanding because im running on 4.3.5 firmware and on recboot there isnt a fix covery for that. and besides that, it is the only firmware that appears on my iphone 4. i jailbroke it but i decided to just restore my phone. i am on a continuous recovery loop because itunes pops up with error 1. i havent seen a single youtube video and i thought you could help me. so please help me? all i want is just to restore my iphone4 back to 4.3.5 firmware.

Only if you have the necessary SHSH saved for your device / iOS for 4.3.5 on Cydia can you downgrade. Open up TU, set it to these Settings http://bit.ly/qS5bjW & check for any saved SHSH blobs on Cydia.

habbal2 years, 8 months ago

so should i do it ?or and how can i go back to 4.3.3. thank you

You need to have the necessary SHSH saved for it already on Cydia like this http://bit.ly/qS5bjW. If you don’t have 4.3.3 listed, you cannot restore to the same either.

habbal2 years, 8 months ago

hi pramod is it good to upgrade my iphone 4- 4.3.5 to 5 version and can it Jailbreak or we will have problems . thank you

Its still a tethered JB, much like the iOS 4.3.5 itself.

ibachelor2 years, 9 months ago

This worked fine for me.

Benedict2 years, 9 months ago

Hi my phone doesnt go out of recovery mode when i try using tinyumbrella or recboot. it will just show the apple sign then after that it’ll go back to :plug into itunes” again. when i send it into dfu mode and try to restore it with itunes i get error 3194

Courtenay2 years, 9 months ago

So, I recently bought an iPhone off ebay.
    The only thing wrong with it is that the power button doesn’t work.
    I put it on charge overnight and when I woke up it was off and won’t turn back on. Will Recboot fix this?

Nope. Getting the broken power button fixed would only help.

philippe2 years, 9 months ago

this worked perfectly. thankyou!

JT2 years, 9 months ago

Ok, I have the same problem, that the sleep button is broken so I dont understand how you could push that button so it started again? Please tell me how to solve the problem?

This doesn’t work anymore on the latest iOS versions. You need to get that Power button fixed.

JuuJuu2 years, 9 months ago

RecBoot is AMAZING! I thought I’d completely killed my iP3GS and RecBoot brought it back to life. Thanks for the tip and the help!

Aydin2 years, 9 months ago

my sleep button is broken and my 3gs was freezed i couldnt restart my phone till i found this amazing software.

I really appriciate your work you are the best.

Thanx to everyone that helped to make this amazing software.

cheers

Me2 years, 9 months ago

will using recboot jailbrake my iphone…i don’t want it to…but i want to get out of recovery mode

Carol2 years, 9 months ago

After trying to jailbreak my phone, I went thru the whole process with some interuptions but thought I completed everything and just finished rebooting and when I went to find the icon on my phone to upload some software, the icon wasn’t there.

What could I have done wrong? I followed iClarified exactly.
    I used a iMac computer with an iPhone 4.

Eh, what icon? What s/w upload are you talking about?

dextera2 years, 9 months ago

do you have any idea of how much a repair could cost for a phone with broken home button and when its jailbroken like mine? i have tried asking my retailstore but they dont want to answer me

Should be costing ~6$. But then again it depends to whom you show it for repair.

dextera2 years, 9 months ago

i was just gonna check with apple if i got any warranty left, appearantly i doesnt according to them :( so then it doesnt matter if i got my phone jailbroken or not, still gotta pay the repair costs :’(

dextera2 years, 9 months ago

is there any way to get my serial number when my phone is in this state?

Why do you want the serial number? Its there on your iP4′s packaging box.

dextera2 years, 9 months ago

no :/ i left it like it is now over the night and when i woke up it was turned off and then i tried to put it in dfu mode but as i said before my home button doesnt work so i just started it again and now it’s stuck like this again and nothing happens when i hold the power button

Well at this point neither will the Apple reps be able to find out that you were jailbroken because once they fix it, they would usually go ahead & restore your device successfully & give it back to you. So no worries there. Just tell them that you got stuck in this loop one fine morning. This is a very common issue trust me.

dextera2 years, 9 months ago

yea it is, it’s connected to this computer which im writing to you on :) i dont know if my phone is in any kind of loop or something, it’s in what happens when you try to start a tethered phone normally with the power button without redsn0ws “just boot tethered now” option. what i see on my phone is the apple logo and then the apple loading circle above it, like this one: http://www.ateliershoes.com/images/loading_apple.gif
    except the one on my phone is absolutely still, not spinning like that gif

Mhm. Did you try continuously pressing the Power button as well? Any change?

dextera2 years, 9 months ago

but you see, i cant even start my phone since it’s tethered, plus my home button isnt working so i cant put it in dfu mode so now my phone is stuck at boot logo and i cant do anything, and itunes doesnt detect my phone until it has started right?
    Edit: I am, i plugged my phone into my computer but itunes doesnt detect it, i even tried using the help thing in itunes where it tries to detect connected devices

iTunes definitely will detect your device even if its in any kind of loop. Is your machine connected to the internet as well? The one on which your connecting your device to?

dextera2 years, 9 months ago

how do i restore to stock ios 4.3.5 if i cant start it and i cant put it into recovery mode? :s

To restore to a stock iOS version, you need not be in one. Just hook your device up to iTunes & Shift+Restore to iOS 4.3.5.

dextera2 years, 9 months ago

what so i turn my iphone in for repair? what happens whne they see it’s jailbroken? isnt that gonna cost me a fortune then?

You should have seen this coming before you went ahead & jailbroke your iPhone tethered. Restore to stock 4.3.5 iOS via iTunes & give it off for a repair.

dextera2 years, 9 months ago

hey man, i have a problem. my iphone is version 4.3.5 and jailbroken with tethered redsn0w. my iphone is currently turned off, and my home button doesnt work so i cannot put my iphone into dfu or recovery mode nor start it normally since it’s tethered, and to start it tethered i need to put it in dfu mode. see my problem? what should i do? :s

Get your Home button fixed. It costs only ~6$. Can’t do much right now w/o the Home button.

Andrea2 years, 10 months ago

Hi there,

My Iphone 4 is in recovery mode with the dreaded error 9. I tried RecBoot running off my PC and the phone still remained in recovery mode (probably my fault). But trying to run it off my old macbook i get an error saying i cant run RecBoot from the version of Mac OS X im using, sorry for sounding dumb, but do you have a version that’d run off my stoneage Mac??

Well, do you get this error even when trying to restore to a stock 4.3.5 iOS version as well? Try that. Generally, Error 9 is a hardware issue, so you might want to take it to the nearest Apple store to get it fixed / replaced.

sam2 years, 10 months ago

I bought iphone 4.1 (02.10.04) Jailbroken AT&T, I need to use this phone to UNlock and use for T-Mobile,
    first thing I did was erase all content and setting here I am now stuck and don’t know from
    were to start conected to ITune can not recover, Please Please… help me I download from unlocker-pro.com PwnageTool 4.1, iphone 3.1, 4.1-8b117rest ipsw. please help me out
    Thanks,

If you haven’t saved any SHSH for your device until now, update to iOS 4.3.5 & use a Gevey SIM to unlock your iP4. This is the only way to unlock your device at the moment.

Febi2 years, 10 months ago

Hi Pramod, my iphone 3G suddenly froze on apple logo, and there’s a loading circle. it keeps going like that for 2 days now. It’s originally from US, been unlocked, and jailbreaked (i have cydia app). Tried to restore it the conventional way, but it didn’t work (perhaps the connection slow at that time) and i’m too scared to try it again. I tried recboot, but it didn’t worked either. I’m using itunes 10.3.1.55. Pls help!

Thanks!

Restore your device by using a custom IPSW of whichever version you were on or higher. You absolutely need to create a custom IPSW using either Sn0wbreeze / PwnageTool & then restore to the same to keep your unlock. You will not have any issues whilst restoring because the iP3G doesn’t need any kind of SHSH files.

habbal2 years, 10 months ago

hallo pramod yes it is 4.3.5 but i can not .jailbreak i try to jailbreak with redsn0wi but it is stuck in recovery mode .thank you in advance.

Rerun Redsn0w with the Just Boot Tethered Now option ticked.

habbal2 years, 10 months ago

hello pramod i have iphone 4 and i had update it to 3.4.5 how can i restore it to lower v 3.4.5 i try but it give me error 3194. thank you

You mean 4.3.5.
      You can downgrade ONLY if you have an SHSH saved for your device either by Cydia / TU. Check for any saved SHSH that you may have for your device / iOS first & only then can you restore to that particular version. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX.

Yee2 years, 10 months ago

Recboot is a lifesaver

johnlost2 years, 10 months ago

my phone is stuck in recovery mode. it is a 3g. i did a recover to unjailbreak because it was jailbroke and super slow. after i did this i got the error 1015. and it is stuck in recovermode.i then downloaded the fixrecovery thing and did all that. i also down loaded the recboot. it shows up in a compressed file with 5 diffrent things inside. i click on recbook and it says extract all. so i do.then there is something else. another recboot. so i click it. then i get the unhandled exception error. Microsoft .Net Framework. but i read a previous comment and followed those directions and downloaded it. but i still get the error? help?

Use a custom 4.2.1 IPSW & restore to that via iTunes in a pwned DFU mode using iReb/Redsn0w. Download one from here http://bit.ly/k1DeYH & use it to restore your device.

Noah2 years, 11 months ago

Thank you so much! You saved me so much time.

krod2 years, 11 months ago

Do you know about sn0wbreeze, and one of its feature Make IPSW Nor Only?

There isn’t one out like that just yet. All the custom creating tools including Sn0wbreeze creates new custom IPSWs that are meant for fresh installs ONLY (wipes out everything you had on your device.).

krod2 years, 11 months ago

Thank You for responding back, how is that possible? How about my other info, such as pictures, contacts etc…. Can I rejailbreak, I still have my custom ipsw saved on my pc. I used sn0wbreeze to jailbreak, I was thinking of making another custom ipsw NOR-ONLY.I heard making NOR-ONLY will flash drive and keep all info on phone intact.

Probably because you already tried to restore the device prior to using FixRec or it isn’t able to detect your iOS at all. Re-jailbreaking won’t help either because even that will kick you back onto a recovery loop. Restore with the custom IPSW will wipe-out everything that you had on your device as well.

krod2 years, 11 months ago

I had some error messages, Unable to find gBdevlist, Unable to find fs_mount, unable to find fs_unmount, unable to find fs_load_file. Also no sucessful firmware download after 60000 ms. What does this all mean?

It means you really do not have any iOS on your device itself to begin with.

krod2 years, 11 months ago

Hi Pramod, it didn’t work. I’ll give a try when I get home. Do you have any other suggestion?

Well if your iPhone is indeed in a recovery loop, using FixRecovery is the only way out.

krod2 years, 11 months ago

Thank You so much for getting back to me soon. Now which version of FixRecovery do I use? 4.1 or 4.2. I’m a bit confused. I would assume 4.2. 4.26 is my baseband, I preserved it on Sn0wbreeze. My 3GS has old bootrom. If that doesn’t work, are you familiar with sn0wbreeze?

Read my previous comment once again. I have mentioned something called Tiny Umbrella. You need to download it first & see it for yourselves. Read this http://bit.ly/m8Tt6c. Using Sn0wbreeze will erase anything & everything that you may have had on your iPhone which I believe you really don’t want to.

krod2 years, 11 months ago

Hi Pramod. Please HELP me!!!. I have an iphone 3gs JB with sn0wbreeze on 4.1 firmware with 4.26 baseband. The problem was when resetting network settings my phone was rebooting itself and was stuck on snowflake loop (APPLE LOOP). I am trying to get out of having to restore my phone. I have a lot of pictures and contacts that I didn’t back up like a dummy.Please, I just want to exit out of snowflake screen and get back to normal without losing my pictures, because most of them have sentimental value.

Use the FixRecovery option from Tiny Umbrella. Hook it up to your system first & then fire up TU. Now use the FixRecovery option available & hope for the best. (Note: Your BB version is incorrect but doesn’t really matter now.)

tami g3 years ago

ONLY thing to work and get me back… been trying EVERYTHING ELSE for 4 days… THANK YOU THANK YOU

Thankful3 years ago

Recboot program worked. Very much appreciated.

Ipod touch 3rd GENERATION (iOS 3.xx.xx) went into recovery mode by accident.
    Stumbled across a forum @ www[dot]ifans[dot]com which recommended your program.
    Downloaded the program which interestingly and amusingly said “restore my precious”.

Connected Ipod to laptop, opened the recboot exit program, and clicked exit recboot.
    Ipod restarted, and everything was restored as it was, no notes losts, no apps deleted, no hassles, and it only took about ten seconds.

Once again, thank you for the program.

hippieboy^^3 years ago

doesnt let mi kick out of recovery..?

Pramod3 years ago

Use iReb by iH8Sn0w to get yourself out of the Recovery loop on 4.3.3. Follow this: http://bit.ly/k8MNtA. In case it doesn’t work, you can use the standalone FixRecovery package from TinyUmbrella available in this guide: http://bit.ly/lN0uF4 instead.

ynna3 years ago

After days of searching solutions in the internet I found this website and it works! Thank u very much!!!!!

Pranshu3 years, 1 month ago

Hi Pramod

I have some problem with my iphone 4, just bought it a day back adn when i was trying to download some apps via itunes the phone went off and now isn’t restarting. I have tried holding the power and the home button together for 10-15 secs. Even that doesn’t help. There are no light etc glowing on the screen and it’s completely off.
    Pls help. Alos I tried to do a restore via itunes and it gives an error message 28 :(

Error 28 is a hardware damage error which is caused due to a bad dock connector. Return your iDevice to Apple as soon as possible. I suggest you change your USB dock/change your PC itself and try the restore on a different PC to see if it helps.

mimi3 years, 1 month ago

Hi Wolverine, Help please!!!! I went to “CLEAR ALL CONTENTS AND SETTINGS” option, and now my IPOD TOUCH 4G shows the “Connect to iTunes” screen. I’ve tried all the “holding down buttons” methods but didn’t work. I opened Recboot and hit “Exit Recovery Mode”, a black screen opened (like command thing) and said st like Will try to kick the device out of recovery mode…. That’s it. I waited..Nothing happened to the Ipod as well as the Computer. My PC windows 7 doesn’t recognize the Ipod, iTunes(lastest version) doesn’t recognize it either. But when I plug in, the iPod charged. I’ve NEVER jailbroken it before. PLease help me!!! I really don’t know what to do. You seem to be the most helpful person I’ve found on the Internet!!!!

If you have a backup of the iPT4G in iTunes, you can go ahead and follow a Restore of the iPT4 to the latest 4.3.3 iOS via iTunes. But you’ll need to keep in mind that this will erase everything that was there on your touch which is exactly what you need. If your stuck in the DFU loop (pitch black screen), you’ll need to Jailbreak your iDevice with Redsn0w to get yourself out of it. Follow this guide: http://bit.ly/kPhfh0. Make sure that you also have the latest IPSW of your iOS as well at hand for the jailbreak. :)

Ralph3 years, 1 month ago

A lifesaver, worked perfectly to bring my iphone back to life!

Jasper3 years, 1 month ago

Thanks man, I love yah !

MissThang3 years, 1 month ago

What if i tried rejailbreaking using redsnow? Do you think i’ll lose everything??

By Re-jailbreaking, you’ll not loose any of the photos or settings you have on your iPhone. You may give a hand at jailbreak by following this guide http://bit.ly/lsrd7H. Hope it helps. :)

MissThang3 years, 1 month ago

I tried rejailbreaking and it doesn’t work. Is there any other form of rejailbreaking that i can use. Still trying to by pass the restore mode. I can’t lose those pictures. Hoping that something works out.

Can i rejailbreak with greenpoison?

Nope, unfortunately even GreenPois0n will respond back the same way how the others did. At this point, I’m sorry to tell that there’s no possible way to get back your photos w/o a backup, because the core iOS itself has got corrupted and so everything that was possibly there before it has already gone by now. :(

MissThang3 years, 1 month ago

Wolverine…i looked into the link you sent and it looks like they can only restore from backup. I haven’t backed up my phone so there’s nothing they can do for me. Is there anyway that i can fix my corrupt firmware and still save my photos?? Or is there any way i can rejailbreak and still save my photos. I mean i’m sure there is a way to save those pictures. This is why i still haven’t restored it. Im sure someone has a solution out there. If you know anything please let me know. Thanks again for your help.

Hello MissThang,
      A corrupt FW can only be resolved by a fresh restore of the iDevice. And if you follow a fresh restore, you’ll loose everything that is on your iPhone. Since you don’t have any previous backups saved, chances are very slim to save your photos. Sorry. :(

MissThang3 years, 1 month ago

I’ll just give you detail by detail. I want to get this solved ASAP. Pleaseeeee Helppp…as you can tell im desparate. Ok so I jailroke my iphone 3gs with redsnow to Fw 4.2.1 ipad baseband. This was back in February. So everything worked fine..i’ve been using my phone like normal with tmobile. I’ve never had a problem. Then last week My phone turned off by itself and went into recovery mode. Itunes detects my phone in restore mode, but i don’t want to restore it because i have a lot of pictures of my daughter in it. So i tried the above steps of dowloading the TU fixrecover for 4.2.1 (under the update #1 for windows). Everything seem to start fine. I entered the phone into DFU mode and then hit fixrecovery and the log started running…ending in the “6000…giving up” message. Returning it to recovery mode. I then turned off all firewalls and tried it again and received the same message along with “unale to mount user filesystem). I ave windows 7 ultimate on 32bit. Please is there anything else i can do….Is there any way i can get the restore icon on my phone and have it back to normal with all my information still there (pics)…or is therea way i can get the pictures out the phone while its still in recovery mode. Anything would help. I just want the pictures back…i don’t care if this phone breaks after that. The memories of my daughter are more important than the phone. Thanks again for being patient with me, and answering ALL my questions. You ROCK foreal..is there a better way i can communicate with you in a faster way? like email that you answer or something? please advise.

Patrick3 years, 1 month ago

Ok. First try to recover your photos using this guide http://bit.ly/dlJsIj (U will find them under Media folder)
      2ndly, i personally think you can never recover your iPhone unless you restore it again. To restore your iPhone, i wonder if you have SHSH blobs for iOS 4.2.1. If you have SHSH blobs then you can restore iOS 4.2.1 again on your iPhone, else you MUST restore iOS 4.3.3 to get your iPhone into working condition. As your iPhone 3GS have iPad baseband, so you can only restore iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW in that case. To create iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW, use this guide http://bit.ly/k5I7Qu on Windows and this guide on Mac http://bit.ly/jMpbKR

Now why your iPhone is unable to kick itself out of recovery mode loop using any tool? Its because your firmware is corrupt. When your iDevice has a corrupt firmware, tools like Recboot, TinyUmbrella or fix recovery will not help much!

MissThang3 years, 1 month ago

I failed to mention that i haven’t synced my phone in a long time. Probably since i jailbroke it in Feb. Please please please tell me there’s another way to recover my pictues, even if its a paid solution. I need to recover my pictures while my phone is in recovery mode or just get out of recovery mode without restoring. Im sure there’s a way around this.

Patrick3 years, 1 month ago

Lol. There is NO paid or unpaid solution for this. Believe me! However these folks http://picturescueapp.com/ seems to have got some tool. I am not related to them in any way. Before buying or trying them, first contact and tell ur complete issue to them.

MissThang3 years, 1 month ago

Im using tinyumbrella and fixrecovery per your instructions (scroll up)…should i be using recboot?

Patrick3 years, 1 month ago

Recboot and TinyUmbrella (Normal Version) only works for iDevices running iOS 4.2.1 or less.

mona3 years, 1 month ago

hi…. i had to lay off my iphone problem from a couple of days…. but now im back…. and i downloaded “NET framework 4″ like u asked me to…. but when i click on “exit recovery mode” i get this after like 30 seconds “recovery _connect_callback”
    and under it….
    “recovery _disconnect_callback”

if it helps i run on windows 7 and i didnt download libusb or anythin other than NET framework 4

i also have a 3g iphone runing software 4.2.1 (i think)

plz help me

Patrick3 years, 1 month ago

Great! You never told me that your iPhone 3G is on iOS 4.2.1 :| FYI Recboot and TinyUmbrella (Normal Version) will not work on iOS 4.2.1 and above. To kick all iPhones running iOS 4.2.1 or above, you need a special version of TinyUmbrella called TU (Fix Recovery). Just download the DOS-based fix recovery for iOS 4.2.1 from here. In a ZIP file, you will find fixrecovery421.exe. Just follow instructions here http://bit.ly/iMHlBp (Though instructions are for iOS 4.3.3 but they are still same for all iPhones running iOS 4.2.1)

MissThang3 years, 2 months ago

Hi Wolverine. Please HELP me!!!. I have an iphone 3gs JB with redsnow on 4.2.1 firmware with Ipad baseband. My problem is that my phone rebooted by itself and entered into restore mode ( i dont know how). I am trying to get out of having to restore my phone. I have a lot of pictures of my daugher on there that i would not like to lose ;(. Please tell me what i gave to do. I just want to exit recovery screen and get back to normal without losing my pictures.

Thanks in advance

Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) from here http://bit.ly/f1adIc (Use the download links under Update#1) TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) is a DOS based app (NOT Gui). Once downloaded, run fixrecovery421.exe and follow this guide http://bit.ly/iMHlBp

MissThang3 years, 1 month ago

Thanks so much for your help. I will try this as soon as i get home from work. I’ll keep you updated. Hopefully this works. I really need those pictures. If this works you’re the best. (fingers crossed)

MissThang3 years, 1 month ago

So i tried what you told me to, but its not working. the log says “error no successful firmware download after 60000 ms…giving up”. Please help. I don’t want to lose my pictures. Please tell me what i have to do. Please respond ASAP. I’ve been without a phone for 1 week. Thankssssss

Wolverine3 years, 1 month ago

The “60000ms” error tends to occur when the servers are overloaded, you are firewalled, or there is some other error with your internet connection.

Make sure you have no firewalls enabled, you are running on as unfettered an internet connection as possible (i.e. not at work), and just try again.

MissThang3 years, 1 month ago

Turned all firewall off and still getting message…then i got an “unabl to mount user filesystem” message…it got stuck there for a while. Then ended up again with the connect to itunes. ;(
            Im starting to lose hope…please help. I tried running it with windows 7 and windows xp. Anything else you can advise me to do?? again thanks for our time.

Wolverine3 years, 1 month ago

Which tool you are using? Are you sure you are using RecBoot? Because RecBoot will never throw “unable to mount user filesystem” error.

mona3 years, 2 months ago

kk i downloaded this to get out of recovery mode but it gives me an error!!! this is it: unhandled exception has occured in your application. if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. if you click quit, the application will close immeditately.
    file not found. plz help me, i wanna get out of recovery mode ASAP

Use TinyUmbrella http://bit.ly/bWtu6v

mona3 years, 2 months ago

it doesnt work either… rite now i just wana work with wat i hve (recboot)

Download and install .NET framework 4 from here http://bit.ly/irzruu

mona3 years, 2 months ago

wat does it do!? does it fix th problem and will make recboot detect my iphone? cuz thts wat i want….

Yes, it is necessary to install otherwise you will get errors while running RecBoot. I am not sure why TinyUmbrella is not working for you. It is the best alternative of Recboot

Tin3 years, 2 months ago

My iphone 4 ver;4.3.3 had black screen , after downgrade.How can i do ? please help me.

Downgrade? To which firmware you have downgraded your iPhone?

briana3 years, 2 months ago

i just entered into exit recovery mode and i was just wondering how long the process takes?

lena3 years, 2 months ago

my iphone is stuck in going into recovery mode and I need help not allowing that to happen.

Nina3 years, 2 months ago

Hey, I tried all the steps but after that it does not detect my IPhone 3Gs. What can I do? IT says error 1015. :(

clangclang3 years, 2 months ago

hey wolverine i need your help. my ipod touch got stuck in pwned dfu mode. i tried your steps but error 3194 occurs when i restore my ipod.
    please help.

Jesse James3 years, 3 months ago

Never mind I got it working all good :)

How do i delete the “other files” using ifile cause i have alot of memory under the other files, but I don’t wanna have to restore, where should i check?

Other files? Can you explain what you mean by other files?

Jesse James3 years, 3 months ago

I tried that and it keeps saying jailbreak failed I do the dfu right and nothing then it just says jailbreak failed :/

Jesse James3 years, 3 months ago

Ok I got it working by downgrading to 4.1 custom firmware then upgraded to 4.2.1.

How do I get to get untethred 4.2.1 with greenpois0n rc5 it says jailbreak failed am I dfuing wrong?

Jesse James3 years, 3 months ago

And if I don’t have ShSh blobs for 4.1? Why wouldn’t custom just work?

Because custom or stock IPSW of old firmwares need SHSH blobs to restore via iTunes unless you are iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 2G (MB) user. This check is from Apple to discourage its users from downgrading firmwares on their iDevices.

Jesse James3 years, 3 months ago

Hey Wolverine,

I’m having problem restoring my ipod touch 2g which is on 4.2.1. Should I restore it to 4.1 or less? How exactly do i get out of the loop cause when I hit exit, nothing happens to iPod please help!!

As you are an iPod Touch user, the best way to kick your iPod out of recovery is to restore stock (Not custom) IPSW. If you have iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs, downgrade your firmware to iOS 4.1 using TinyUmbrella http://bit.ly/fK073B

chris3 years, 4 months ago

im trying to downgrade back to 3.1.3 on my 3g. Iv done the restore, but im stuck in DFU. I tried Recboot (with the extra firmware) tinyumbrella (and the fix recovery) but each say they are missing files to complete the process. I dont know what else to try!

Can you tell me the name of files that are missing?

chris3 years, 4 months ago

RecBoot needs libusb0.dll… Already put itunesmobiledevice.dll. TinyUmbrella says internal error, error code 16…what do you think?

For TinyUmbrella, make sure you have latest version of JDK
          For Libusb0.dll error, get it from here

chris3 years, 4 months ago

Thanks for the link. I put the file in the recboot file, it runs now without the error, but still nothing is happening. I have a white screen on my phone now. I will try to restore again.

chris3 years, 4 months ago

Still nothing…. I got tinyumbrella working but it doesnt seem to be finding my phone.

Are you running iPad baseband or do you rely on unlock?

chris3 years, 4 months ago

Both

chris3 years, 4 months ago

Any thoughts? im stuck on the screen that is telling me to plug into iTunes. Tinyumbrella and recboot are having no effect.

As you have iPhone 3G with iPad baseband, it means that you can NEVER restore STOCK IPSWs. You can only use custom IPSWs to downgrade or upgrade. Restoring stock IPSWs will result in infinite recovery mode loop. First step is to create fresh iPhone OS 3.1.2 custom IPSW for iPhone 3G (Recommended) or download iOS 3.1.2 custom IPSW from the links below:

RAPIDSHARE:
            iPhone1_2_3.1.2_7D11_Custom_Restore-Activated.001
            iPhone1_2_3.1.2_7D11_Custom_Restore-Activated.002
            iPhone1_2_3.1.2_7D11_Custom_Restore-Activated.003

Once done, use TinyUmbrella or Recboot to kick your iPhone out of recovery mode loop. If none of them is working on your PC, take them in USB and try them on another PC or Mac (Recommended) around you. Hopefully you will be able to kick your iDevice out of recovery mode loop.

chris3 years, 4 months ago

thanks for your help. im trying the links right now, the first one didnt work, my computer isnt recognizing the file. i am trying the link now….did you say i could create my own?

chris3 years, 3 months ago

wolverine, none of the links are working. do i have to do something to them once they are downloaded? they dont have the same logo as the original firmware, just a blank kind of deal and itunes wont recognize it when i go to restore. any thought? pleaseeee

Links are working fine. Provide me with the following details:
            iPhone Model:
            Current Firmware:
            Baseband:
            Do you rely on unlock:
            Status: What you want to do? Downgrade or upgrade? To which firmware?

chris3 years, 3 months ago

-iPhone3G
            -firmware; Im not positive because my phone is stuck and i cant check it. the only other firmware i can find on my comp is 4.2.1, so i think that is it.
            -baseband; same deal, i believe it is 6.15.00 for ipad.

i do rely on unlock. i want to downgrade so that i can get rid of ios, it made my phone so slow it was basically unusable….well now it is really unusabale. from what i read, i think i want to downgrade to 3.1.3.

thanks for all your help so far. i hope im not screwed!

As you are on iPad baseband, so restoring stock IPSW of any firmware will result in infinite recovery loop. You can only restore custom IPSW of iOS 3.1.3. As you have iPhone 3G, so you do not need SHSH blobs to downgrade. So the solution is very simple:
            1. Download custom IPSW of iOS 3.1.3 from links below:
            Activated (Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3)
            Unactivated (Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3)
            2. Use iREB to put your iPhone in Pwned DFU Mode (It will avoid all 16xx errors)
            3. Restore with iTunes
            Use this guide if you need anymore help or simply comment here :)

Chris3 years, 3 months ago

Thanks Wolverine, Im at work now so I will give it a shot when I get home. With the links for the IPSWs,do I download all 6? Will they “join together” to create the IPSW I need or should I do something? Ha, sorry for the ignorance…

You have been very helpful, is there anywhere to make a donation to your site?

Thanks again,

Chris

If you rely on unlock, download activated and if you are on official carrier, download unactivated only.

Chris3 years, 3 months ago

Alright, I downloaded all 3 of the activated links. Now what? Im assuming I will need to find them when I go to restore, do I select all 3?

No you need to join these three parts into one file .IPSW. You can use HJ-Split on Windows http://bit.ly/eFMvOq or BetterZip on Mac http://bit.ly/dWXVut
            Once done, restore the IPSW using the guide i told you.

chris3 years, 3 months ago

alright, iv done all of that so far, looking good. now i have cydia and ice (never seen ice before) when i try to unlock with unltrasn0w it keeps freezing. i have had to restore 3 times already just to get back to cydia. any advice?

Ultrasn0w freezes? You mean searching for network issue? What is your current baseband?

JJM3 years, 4 months ago

I have tried at least 15 times to downgrade from 4.3 to 4.2.1. All my shsh blobs are saved going back to 4.0. Each time i do the restore I get the 1015 error. I then try either TinyUmbrella, Recboot or Blackra1n to get out of the recovery loop. NONE of them work. I finally upgrade back to 4.3. Any suggestions? I read your other post that says I should downgrade to 4.1. Would you do that?

True! You can not exit recovery mode loop with RecBoot or TinyUmbrella (Normal) if your iPhone is running iOS 4.2.1 or above. To get out of iOS 4.2.1 or iOS 4.3 recovery mode loop, you need special version of TinyUmbrella called FixRecovery. Its a DOS-based app which uses GreenPois0n hack to kick those iDevices out of recovery who are stuck in recovery mode loop due to baseband protection feature.

JJM3 years, 4 months ago

I’m using a Mac, Wolverine. Since it’s DOS Based can I use it?

JJM3 years, 4 months ago

Believe it or not I just downgraded to 4.1. Do I now re-jailbreak it with GreenPois0n?

james3 years, 4 months ago

im trying to boot my iphone into rec but im getting the error “unhandled exception has occurred in your application etc etc” “file not found”

Can you tell me the name of file which is missing? I know it must be iTunesMobileDevice.DLL. Just download it by Googling and place it in Recboot’s directory.

terry watson3 years, 4 months ago

Hi all,

Im trying restore my iphone 4 to 4.2.1 using tiny umbrella and a original ipsw 4.2.1. But i dont know why the restore stop at 75% and still there for 3 hours.

Im gonna try this tool! Any suggestions?

TIA

Artick3 years, 4 months ago

I try to downgrade my iphone4 4.2.1 to 4.0.1 and I got 1004 error. Just omitted the error message; but now I cannot break the recovery mode loop. I did try Tiny umbrella and recboot but nothing changed :(

What I can do?

Use TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) for iOS 4.2.1? Its a special release by Semaphore!
      Download TU (Fix Recovery) for Windows
      Download TU (Fix Recovery) for Mac

Artick3 years, 4 months ago

nothing changed, still in recovery mode loop :(

Ths point is; I’m getting following error messages during initialization:

Unable to find gBdevList
        Unable to find fs_mount
        Unable to find fs_unmount
        Unable to find fs_load_file

Greenpois0n

Definitely something wrong with your PC. Make sure your iPhone is in DFU mode and try it on another PC.

Artick3 years, 4 months ago

strange; but when I try it ones more, it worked!! lol

thank you. It saves my iphone :)

Francisco3 years, 4 months ago

I restore the iphone and itunes gave the 1015 error. I turn on the recboot and my iphone is rebooted. Then, the apple logo appear and them the screen turn black, and reboot again (alone) and again show the recovery mode…
    What I can do?

You must be on iOS 4.3 with tethered jailbreak? Right? Use iBooty to boot up your iPhone.

Paul C.3 years, 4 months ago

Hello Wolverine. I have an IPhone 3GS with 4.2.1 on it. But I want to downgrade to 3.1.3 what can I do to get back to 3.1.3 ? Thx

You can only downgrade of your iPhone OS 3.1.3 SHSH blobs are saved. If you want to restore stock iPhone OS 3.1.3, restore this using iTunes or restore the file below to have jailbroken iPhone OS 3.1.3 on your iPhone. In both cases, you must have iOS 3.1.3 SHSH saved.

iPhone2_1_3.1.3_7E18_Custom_Restore_Activated.zip.001
      iPhone2_1_3.1.3_7E18_Custom_Restore_Activated.zip.002
      iPhone2_1_3.1.3_7E18_Custom_Restore_Activated.zip.003
      iPhone2_1_3.1.3_7E18_Custom_Restore_Activated.zip.004

Drew3 years, 4 months ago

Saved MY Life! Thanks to the recboot programmers!

Leonardi3 years, 5 months ago

I’ve ipod touch 2g mc-model 8gb
    i’ve jailbreak my ipod
    now i’m stuck at ios 4.1 which no benefit for me.
    every time i exit some of the application my ipod restart with apple logo
    what should i do to downgrade to ios 3.1.3?

arnez.paul3 years, 5 months ago

here’s my situation:
    i bought my iphone from a second hand shop here in japan and its already in that “connect to itunes” picture and the emergency call screen, is this the way to fix this? I think its in version 4.2.1. please help. Just getting past that screen and using my phone will be enough.

Some questions:
      First of all hacktivation means to bypass the emergency call screen.
      1. What is your iPhone mode? 3GS or 4?
      2. Do you rely on unlock? I suppose you are going to say yes.
      3. From the current situation, your iPhone is not hacktivated as your friend restored stock iOS 4.2.1 on your iPhone before giving it to you. If he jailbreaked it using Redsn0w or PwnageTool, it must have been already hacktivated.
      4. You can now jailbreak and hacktivate it using Redsn0w because using PwnageTool will be of no use (Your baseband is already upgraded to the one which is not unlockable at the moment)
      5. If you rely on unlock, wait for iOS 4.3 final as the unlock will be about when Apple will release iOS 4.3.

You can always follow me on Facebook (Recommended) or Twitter for more quick answers to your questions.

slick3 years, 5 months ago

Wolverine, my son got an ipod touch (4 i think) for xmas. Put a password on then promptly forgot it!!!! It is now disabled cos he kept trying different passwords. I can’t restore via i-tunes as we were at my sisters house and used her computer. Is there any way i can sort this out without travelling 300 miles to do it? Please help.

Bypassing the passcode of iPhone or iPod Touch is nearly impossible. However there is a small bug in iOS 4 which can allow you to bypass that passcode and make calls, view contacts and photos etc. Check out this video to see how you can bypass the passcode http://youtu.be/pKT0fm2fx5A. In any case you have to restore your iPhone or iPod Touch to gain full access.

Mike Z3 years, 5 months ago

OMG. THank you so much guys. I was using Tiny Umbrella and it couldn’t get me out, bu this did it perfectly! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Brian3 years, 6 months ago

Hey if i try updating my itouch 4 now will it get stuck in a perm. recovery loop even though i haven;t downgraded it

Brian3 years, 6 months ago

Thank the lord for this miracle. I was trying to jailbreak my itouch 4 with limera1n when something went horribly wrong and thanks to this download my itouch lives to see another day

Spliff3 years, 6 months ago

Hey mate, just wanted to thank you very much!!!

Kind Regards

jasmine3 years, 6 months ago

thank you thank you thank you it work. when i downgraded my iphone 4 on 4.2 to 4.1 it will restore and then it will give me an error that i couldn’t get out of recovery it mode so i use your software and bamm it kick me out of recovery mode. it saved my precious phone. thank you once again :-)

Leon3 years, 6 months ago

Very good I’m soooo happy because my ipod 4g works

Rick3 years, 6 months ago

This was a HUGE help! Thank you so much for taking the top to create this posting. My iPhone 3G is actually usable again thanks to you. Now if only I could get the WiFi to work again (it is ALWAYS stuck on 3G), I would have a fully functioning phone.

Danny3 years, 7 months ago

I have 4.2.1 but my bootrom is messed up and now I’ve read that it won’t work on 4.2.1 so I have to downgrade. But I can’t downgrade ’cause my bootrom is messed up :( Any other solutions? Please!

Sirius3 years, 7 months ago

Hy!

It did not work for me (Iphone 3G 4.2.1, Win 7) Give me a solution please to enter my phone to recovery mode. Thank you

Yes, Recboot and TinyUmbrella don’t work if your device is on iOS 4.2.1. Only solution left is to downgrade your firmware to iOS 4.1 or less.

joker9993 years, 6 months ago

Hey, “RecBoot Exit Only” works on 4.2.1

Most time my iphone stuck at recovery mode, like after i restore it and reboot etc always come up as recovery mode, so i use RecBoot Exit Only to get out of that mode, on 4.2.1

its WORKS! Thanks :D

joker9993 years, 6 months ago

oh nevermind, read wrong, my bad :)

Adel3 years, 7 months ago

Hey
    I have an iPhone 3g on baseband 6.15.00 with iOS 4.2.1 and its stuck in this revcovery loop. Ive tried to use Recboot but when i press Exit Recovery Mode it just reboots my phone and brings me back to the “connect to itunes” logo.
    Help?

Restore to iOS 4.1 custom IPSW but before that, use iREB!

Adel3 years, 7 months ago

So i managed to get it out and now its on iOS 4.1 with BB 6.15.00. Can i ever upgrade to 4.2.1 now?
        Thanks for all your help man, you’re doing a great job helping all of us out

Upgrading to iOS 4.2.1 will again put your iPhone into infinite recovery mode loop. Better wait for iPhone Dev-Team’s response to this issue!

Dimitriv3 years, 7 months ago

This is the best ever saved my life…..thank u…….

Beth Croes3 years, 7 months ago

I clip on the Download RecBoot application for Windows button and it bring me to a website called hack2learn. It asked me to register and after put my name and password and everything it asks for Einladungs-Code and without it I cant register.Can someone please help me, I am having A LOT of problems with my iphone. Thank you

fryta3 years, 7 months ago

OK Wolverine

I wont lie, I gave it up. This idea from bit.ly returned me erros in iTunes. I downgraded iP to 3.1.2 and used Spirit to JB. EOT

Atleast your iPhone is in working condition now :) Cheers!

fryta3 years, 7 months ago

Not mine, wife’s ]:PP my iP4 is JB on 4.1 and realy works great ]:P

Arjun Mahajan3 years, 7 months ago

Hey guys I have a slight problem with my iphone 3g firmware 4.0. My power button is completely messed up and now I can’t put the phone in DFU mode when I’m trying to use Redsn0w or Limera1n.
    Is there any way I can go ahead with the Jailbreak and unlock without my malfunctioning power button?

This might help you now http://bit.ly/hPv9BC :) Do tell if it works!

Arjun Mahajan3 years, 7 months ago

I tried this on ios4 and ios4.0.2.
        Firstly there was only one folder when I extracted it and secondly it gave me errors when I tried to restore it from itunes.
        So I’m back to the same old situation.

Is there any other way out?
        Thanks for the help! :D

If you are on iOS 4.0, why don’t you use JailbreakMe?

Arjun Mahajan3 years, 7 months ago

A. I don’t have the official sim to activate it and navigate to jailbreakme.
            B. My phones hardware is completely messed up and my wifi doesn’t work too. (I know you’d be laughing at what actually is left it in my phone. lol )
            C. Any more solutions left?

fryta3 years, 7 months ago

HI

Problem of course

when I try to Enter recovery mode, i have a message that there is no file iTunesMobileDevice.DLL and iTunes is installed? Am I missing something?

And another one, my iP have a broken Power button, it is upgraded to 4.1

I wan to use limera1n. When it wants me to push home + power, then I am clicking “enter recovery mode” at RecBoot and it will work? Correct me if I am wrong

Thanks for helpin’ in advance

Yep, download iTunesMobileDevice.DLL by Googling and place it in Recboot’s directory. Recboot should work now, you can now put as well as kick your iPhone out of recovery mode with this handy tool.

Fryta3 years, 7 months ago

Wolverine, thanks alot for answering.

But will it work with limera1n like I described? cause yesterday I was fighting with this iP for 3 hours, and still it is not jailbroken.

Please give me some hope ]:)

Nops. To use Limer1n, you must put your device in DFU mode which is not supported by Recboot. Can i know your iPhone model and baseband version so that i may further assist you!

Fryta3 years, 7 months ago

3G 4.1
            My problem is that my wife upgraded it by accident to 4.1 and there is no problem, cause U can JB 4.1, but as I said before Power button is broken and I have no idea how to JB it, cause i need DFU when limera1n wants it.
            But form manual method which U described above it looks that this app is all I need. Cause limera1n wants me only to:
            1 Home + power
            2 release power
            and then things go on by them selves [:) so from the description, I was sure that this is what I was lookin for ]:/

Well, there is a difference between recovery mode and DFU mode. Anyways try Recboot, if it didn’t worked, then tell me. I have an alternate solution to this!

fryta3 years, 7 months ago

Wolverine

U were right. It didnt work ]:/
            Can U help me ?

This might help you now http://bit.ly/hPv9BC :)

chris_windows_sucks3 years, 7 months ago

Will this work without the original sim. Basically I traded my blackberry for an iphone 4, I did that restore thingy and then it won’t activate because it needs the original sim. My mate is in NY so I doubt I can get his sim :p and I can’t contact my suppliers because they try to sign me up to another contract! Would this work then to activate the phone? Cheers x

No, its only for kicking the iDevice out of recovery mode. Your issue is hacktivation! Can you please tell me what firmware and baseband version your iPhone 4 currently have?

Miranda3 years, 7 months ago

Thank you so much! I was trying to jailbreak my sister’s iPhone but I got it stuck in Recovery Mode; I searched everywhere for a way to escape from Recovery Mode, but nothing worked until this. Thanks again, this really helped me!

Don Simba3 years, 7 months ago

THANK GOD…I was jailbreaking my phone and suddenly it put me into recovery mode. It also showed that I had upgraded my version to 4.2 which I did not.

How can I jailbreak my version 4.1 (8B117) baseband 02.10.04

Someone please email me on savani4u [at] hotmail.com and guide me.

Much appreciated.

From your baseband, i think you have iPhone 4 on iOS 4.1. Jailbreak it using Limera1n (Windows | Mac) or GreenPois0n (Windows | Mac)

stuckinrecovery3 years, 7 months ago

Hi Wolverine,

Is this in reply to my message above or to Don Simba’s message?

Thanks.

stuckinrecovery3 years, 7 months ago

Recboot doesnt work for me. I had 4.2.1 then went down to 4.0 before trying “recboot”. But it doesnt help, the device stays in recovery mode. This is what the cmd window shows when running recboot. The device keeps rebooting.

C:\RecBoot_v1.1\RecBoot>iTunnel –autoboo
    t
    Will try to kick connected devices out of the Recovery mode..
    recovery_connect_callback
    recovery_disconnect_callback

I also tried TinyUmbrella and that doesnt help either. This is from TinyUmbrella log:
    12/03/2010 13:41:13.877 Loaded History… 12/03/2010 13:41:14.189 Caching shsh files… 12/03/2010 13:41:14.205 Found [0] shsh files to cache… 12/03/2010 13:41:14.205 Cached [0] shsh files 12/03/2010 13:41:24.673 Recovery Device connected: 012338008253734 12/03/2010 13:41:31.938 Sending exit recovery request to 1114116 12/03/2010 13:41:32.203 Recovery Device disconnected: 012338008253734 12/03/2010 13:42:25.809 Recovery Device connected: 012338008253734

norah3 years, 7 months ago

i have the verson 4.2.1 and i cant go through the process. it wont jailbreak. how come this isnt working?

It will not work on iOS 4.2.1 devices due to baseband protection. Restore to iOS 4.1 or less.

custom tailor3 years, 7 months ago

perfect.Helps me to the downgrade my phone from 4.2 to 4.2 while in 4.2 battery sucks

Steven Torrez (Zerg)3 years, 7 months ago

THIS IS TE BEST PROGRAM SAID MY JB IPHONE 4 36GB and all the data :))

Amin3 years, 8 months ago

Wow Good work God bless u man work on my ipad 3g with IOS 3.2.2

Karthik3 years, 8 months ago

Did not work for me. My iPhone is stuck in Recovery mode and nothing responds. :(. iTunes detects the iPhone. Im on iPhone 2G 3.1.3

Claudia3 years, 8 months ago

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH =) Great software. Thanks again !! x

Madhackaz3 years, 8 months ago

THANXS FOR GR8T SOFTS, INFOS FOR EXELENT!

Shaun P3 years, 8 months ago

OMG thanks so much who ever made this software =)

missy l3 years, 8 months ago

i didnt use what you said because everything you told me 2do didnt work so i found some1 that could do it

yucel_alp3 years, 8 months ago

Thx for sharing..Brilliant software.
    it is working 3.1.2 fw too :)

missyl3 years, 8 months ago

iv tryed again and now it saying!
    Unhandled execption has occured in your application ….. file not found ?
    i only just downloaded the recboot again to do this?.
    If take my iphone in to some where like a computer place is there a chance they could fix this for me?

missy l3 years, 8 months ago

iv been doing what is bin said but it wont take it out of recovery dammm all i wanted was to downgrade to 3.1.3 what a pain in my butt iv done the downgrade an everything it just the recboot part that dont want to work??? why iv been doing everything grrrrrrrrrr so over this can some 1 help me ??/ missy

Tim3 years, 9 months ago

When I try to run, if shows a error message saying:
    To run this application, you first must install one of following version of the .NET framework:
    v2.0.50727
    Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET frame work

arlene3 years, 9 months ago

I tried to restore my iphone 3g on itunes but received an error 1015… now i’m stuck Connect To iTunes Screen pls help… is there anyway I can use this one?

Your restore is complete. Just use RecBoot to kick your phone out of recovery mode.

Slash3 years, 9 months ago

Thanks this worked alot.. it really helps me.. at first, my screen was blank and i could not even turn on my iphone 3gs. Restore at iTunes will stop halfway and show error 9..
    Then i did this:
    1. Remove iTunes and other apple software, restart pc, reinstall fresh itunes from Apple website
    2. Still with my iPhone blank screen, i open my new iTunes
    3. Log off my account and use another person account
    4. Connect my iPhone to the pc using usb cable
    5. Run “recboot.exe”
    6. I press restore btn at iTunes
    7. Halfway through the restore(before it stops and show error 9), i press the “exit recovery mode” button on ‘recboot’
    8. My screen goes blank again
    9. I disconnect iphone usb and close my itunes
    10. Open my itunes and reconnect iphone using usb
    11. I click on restore btn again at itunes
    12. It completely recovers my iphone 3gs completely using the latest firmware 4.1

It works.. thanks a million to the person who program “recboot”. u r a genious. and also to the people who opens this website. thanks again. :):):)

rjb3 years, 10 months ago

TNX guys. It’s amazing.

I’ve got my toy back!!!!!!

Alience3 years, 10 months ago

i cant get out of the Recovery Mode.
    When i click on Exit Recovery Mode my iphone is already black.
    what can i do -.-

JayG3 years, 10 months ago

HALELUJAH! It’s now after 1 am.. I’ve been messing with this thing since 9.. You are the best!!!

nox3 years, 10 months ago

thanksyou so much for this app!!! i got sick of all the bugs with jailbreaking so i tried to restore and my phone got bricked. one click and i have my digital life back <3

Reda3 years, 10 months ago

same as other comments
    thank you so much! I was downgrading my iphone 4 from 4.0.2-> iOS4.0.1 and at the end I got 1004 error with iPHone blocked on “connect to itunes” mode (recovery?)
    I just downladed recBoot+ .Net4 then clicked into Exit Recovery Mode and that’s it!
    I got my precious back!
    thanks again for your great tool

alyssa3 years, 2 months ago

how do you get the .net 4?? i think its not available right now! pls help me.. thanks a lot

craigb3 years, 11 months ago

This thing saved my iPhone 4 from being sent back to Apple USA from Japan. Thanks!!

christopher3 years, 11 months ago

This is a life saver!

dc45t3 years, 11 months ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!! I’ve only had this iPhone4 for 6 days and thought I was doomed when it went into what I thought was permanent recovery mode!!!! All I did was try to download the updated OS and thought I’d lost everything, but am so happy to have found your site and wonderful program to help me out!!

i3luebyrd3 years, 11 months ago

Oh. My. God. Thank you! I was without my iPhone for a day. This helped me out of recovery mode.

xoxo,

i3luebyrd

Davo3 years, 12 months ago

Unbricked my iphone 3gs while attempting to install Cyndia, Brilliant!!!!, cheers
    Davo

gerald4 years ago

how about if you already in recovery mode is this can fixed or get out of recovery mode ?

Wolverine4 years ago

Clik on “Exit Recovery Mode” button. If it is not working, use EasyiRecovery to get your iPhone out of infinite recovery mode loop.

nerDz4 years ago

Works like it should :]

Great piece of software

John4 years ago

Thank you very much for it!

It has helped me a lot in a bricked iPhone

iPhone 3GS

3.1.3

Mizak4 years, 1 month ago

Thanks for this small cute software ..

Worked to bring back from Restore mode to Normal

Iphone 3G
    3.1.3

palz4 years, 2 months ago

This doesn’t work on new bootrom ipod touch.