Do you know actually iPhone 3GS has 833 MHz processor but Apple has limited its clock speed to only 600 Mhz. Similarly iPhone 3G has a clock speed of 600 MHz which is limited to only 412 Mhz by Apple. Inorder to overclock your iPhone or iPod Touch, you must have a jailbroken device with iFile app installed via Cydia. If you haven't jailbreaked your iDevice yet, use Spirit tool which is capable of jailbreaking iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad running on latest firmwares with newer bootroms.
For those who don't know: iFile is a file manager for iPhone and iPod Touch which can cut, copy, paste, rename, email and zip files on your device including the system files. In order to make sure iFile works properly, install file-cmds, zip, unzip, p7zip, gzip, bzip2 and unrar through Cydia.
All you have to do is to rename the file in iPhone OS which actually monitors the processor. This will make your iPhone or iPod Touch processor to run at its optimum clock speed.
Steps To Overclock iPhone or iPod Touch
- Navigate to the following path with iFile app:
- You will find a file named "com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefault.plist"
- Tap on the "Blue Arrow" next to the file.
- Rename this file to "SystemPowerProfileDefaultBACKUP.plist" so that your iPhone may not be able to find / recognize the file. Inorder to rename a file using iFile, just touch the field with the file name and it becomes editable itself.
- Reboot your iPhone. Thats it! Your iPhone is overclocked now.
Checkout the difference in speed of an overclocked vs non-overclocked iPhone:
DISCLAIMER: Please follow the above procedure at your own risk. We do not take any responsibility for any kind of damage caused to your device by following the above procedure.
You may also like to read:
- Fix iTunes Errors Of Spirit And Blackra1n With iFixer 1.0.1
- Android 2.2 Froyo Running on Nexus One [VIDEO]
- Play PacMan On Your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch For Free
- Skype to Introduce Ads to Continue Free Service?
[via HackYouriPhone]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback