iPhone-Dev team has recently released their Spirit tool which will jailbreak (untethered) iPhone OS 3.1.3, iPhone OS 3.1.2 and iPad OS 3.2. Here is a step-by-step guide which will jailbreak (untethered) your iPad Wifi and iPad 3G model which are on iPad OS 3.2. Before you may proceed, it is requested to save your SHSH blobs so that you can downgrade your firmware in future. To save your SHSH Blobs, follow our step by step guide to save these files via AutoSHSH Grabber and Firmware Umbrella.
Steps To Jailbreak iPad OS 3.2 With Spirit Tool
Find all download links at the end of the article.
- Download Spirit tool for Windows and Mac.
- Download iTunes 9.1.1.
- Your iPad must be on official iPad OS 3.2.
- Now run the Spirit tool you downloaded in step 1.
- If you are a Windows 7 user, you must run Spirit tool in compatibility mode. To do so, right click on Spirit.exe and choose Properties. Jump to Compatibility tab and select Windows 98 / Windows Me as shown in the screenshot below.
- Mac users are requested to skip the above step. As far as windows users are concerned, you should follow the instructions in above step, otherwise you may encounter error c0000005.
- Now connect your iPad Wifi or iPad 3G model via USB cable to your PC / Mac. Once connected, hit the jailbreak button to jailbreak your iPad.
- Now Spirit will jailbreak your device
- Once jailbreak is complete, you will see the following dialog box
- Now your iPad will reboot. Thats it after reboot, enjoy Cydia on your iPad.
Download Links For Spirit
You may also like to read:
- Download Spirit To Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.2, 3.1.3 & 3.2
- Guide To Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.3 & OS 3.1.2 With Spirit
- Key Points To Know About Spirit Jailbreak