Well just like an iPhone or iPod Touch, you can easily overclock your iPad's 1Ghz A4 processor to run at its optimal speed. The procedure for overclocking your iPad is very much similar to that of an iPhone / iPod Touch. All you need is to rename a file which monitors the processor's speed of an iPad via iFile app which allows you to cut, copy, paste, email, zip and rename system file of an iDevice with ease. You can download iFile app through Cydia for free. Follow the step by step procedure below or jump straight to the video after the break.
Steps To Overclock Apple iPad
- Open iFile app and navigate to the following directory:
- Once you are in PowerManagement.bundle directory, find a file with name com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefault.plist.
- All you have to do is to rename this file from com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefault.plist to SystemPowerProfileDefaultBACKUP.plist. Inorder to rename a file using iFile, just touch the field with the file name and it becomes editable itself.
- Once the file has been renamed, click Done and press the Home button.
- Reboot your iPad to complete the overclocking process.
DISCLAIMER: Please follow the above procedure at your own risk. We do not take any responsibility for any kind of damage caused to your device by following the above procedure.
You may also like to read:
- iPhone 4G To Feature A4 Processor With 256MB RAM
- Another iPhone 4G / HD Prototype Leaked in Vietnam! [Photos and Video]
- Vanity Fair App For iPad
[Thanks to danavril]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback