How to Install Installous to Get Free iPhone Apps?

Installous is a free app available via Cydia which allows you to search, download, browse and install cracked / jailbroken apps on your iPhone and iPod Touch. Before you may buy an app from App Store, you can try your luck by searching the same app at "Installous App Store". Installous will search for its cracked IPA file over the web and if found, you will be able to download and install the app. The following guide will explain you to install Installous on your iPhone and iPod Touch.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Hackulous is now officially gone, so you won't be able to download Installous and AppSync from the repository anymore. As an alternative to Installous, you can download these Installous alternatives.

How to Install Installous to Get Free iPhone Apps

1. First you have to jailbreak your iPhone / iPod Touch. If you haven't jailbreaked your iPhone yet, follow the step-by-step guidelines here to jailbreak your device with Spirit tool.
  2. Once jailbreaked, launch Cydia on your device.
  3. Cydia How to Install Installous to Get Free iPhone Apps?

4. Click on "Manage" button and then click on "Sources".
  5. Sources How to Install Installous to Get Free iPhone Apps?

6. Click on "Edit" and then click on "Add".
  7. Edit and Add Sources How to Install Installous to Get Free iPhone Apps?

8. Enter "http://cydia.hackulo.us" and click on "Add Source" button.
  9. Add Repository How to Install Installous to Get Free iPhone Apps?

10. Now again click on "Manage" button at the bottom and choose "Sources". You will see list of added repositories including "Hackulo.us". Click on "Hackulo.us".
  11. Hackulo.us Repository Added How to Install Installous to Get Free iPhone Apps?

12. Scroll down to find Installous app as shown in the screenshot below:
  13. Installous App How to Install Installous to Get Free iPhone Apps?

14. Click on "Install" button on the top-right:
  15. Install Hackulo.us How to Install Installous to Get Free iPhone Apps?

16. Wait while Cydia installs "Installous" on your device.
  17. Installing Installous How to Install Installous to Get Free iPhone Apps?

18. Thats it! Click on "Home" button to close Cydia and launch "Installous" from your home screen.

Update#1: Installous 4 is now available for download. Click here for more information!

You may also like to read:

Emory Emond8 months ago

Awesome Information, thanks for your fine Post. I will come back later .

sebas1 year, 8 months ago

when i click add it doienst work help please

Farhan1 year, 8 months ago

why when i click on add source it says A server with the specified hostname could not be found ??

Patrick Gumban1 year, 8 months ago

Hi, Hackulous/Installous is dead for good, so this guide won’t work anymore. :\

Solomon1 year, 10 months ago

i have install app accessbykey from installous, but now installous already close, so how i want to track all item in accessbykey app? any comment for this.?

Dr.Adbul asim1 year, 10 months ago

plz somebuddy help me ….. the installeous is not installing on the above procedure….. so can someone help me that how i download creaked apps on my jailbreak iphone…

zubair2 years, 1 month ago

i accidentally upgraded my installeous from 4.2 to 5.1 now its not working (actually the version 5.1 is not opening any resource page so i tried to uninstall 5.1 and re instal 4.3) while trying to restore 4.3 it gives messages like the system requirement is not suitable for this version of program.can you please help me by guiding what to do? Do i need to re do jail breaking?thank you soooooo muh.Awaiting anxiously,Zubair

Raja2 years, 2 months ago

Well mine is an ipod touch 2g mc model ios 4.2.1Following ur procedures i m getting to download installous 5Is installous 5 compatible for my model?

tomtom2 years, 2 months ago

superb…..

gf2 years, 5 months ago

=3 liers go to hell

gf2 years, 5 months ago

crack pot lolz: :3

nirav2 years, 5 months ago

hello,,,
    i went through all these steps but when add source button is pressed
    then immediately display “verification error” and “url is timed out” so plz help me
    now what to do……..

kkjjjjjj1 year, 11 months ago

did any one helped u

HaXan1 year, 11 months ago

I have also same problem.

Dorgvili2 years, 10 months ago

Hi i saw on hacklo thet ters outer things like source gui to install them to

Bush Smith3 years, 2 months ago

I installed Installous, downloaded games & apps from there and played them. Everything was working very fine I was very happy but the next day when I connected my iphone4 to iTunes it started downloading all those software from iTunes store, afraid of being charged I immediately disconnected my phone as I did it iTunes gave a massage saying “All purchased software will be down loaded next time when the phone will be connected”.
    Can anyone tell me will I be charged for these software or its a normal procedure.

Ofcourse you will not be charged. Its only syncing the newly found apps from your iPhone across to your iTunes library. Its the same process that happens when iTunes syncs your music / videos.

moons3 years, 3 months ago

after downloading when i install the dame the error appers that invalid ipa now whats the reason for it nd what can i do now:(

You will get the answer for your query from my previous reply. Don’t use Installous. Instead, just download the IPAs separately onto your PC & sync them back to your device via iTunes itself.

Zafar3 years, 4 months ago

I cannot install any app on installous , it says ipa file failed n iz nt installed :(
    Pls help

Make sure that the IPA that you have downloaded is from a well known source & that it also supports your iDevice. Download your IPAs from reliable sources like http://apptrackr.org.

Jxa3 years, 5 months ago

Thanks, it worked well. :-)

M113 years, 5 months ago

Hi I have installed installous wen going into catagories,games and go to downlod a lot of files come up wen I click on a file another page pops up and tells u speed of dload etc….
    Is that where I dload the app from or not? And all the files previous r they all by different people who have cracked the app? Please help to explain.

Yes, you need to download your files exactly from there. Installous hosts cracked IPA’s that are added by different users.

James3 years, 5 months ago

Thanks so much!!! <3

iPhone4Jailbreak3 years, 6 months ago

I get the same Socket is not Connected every time though.
    I am connected to WiFi and everything but it’s only at that certain moment when I confirm the Installous download that the WiFi goes down. What do I do?

There could be some issues with the Wi-Fi connection that your using. Try a different network connection (your friend’s maybe). Downloads should work just fine unless there is some error generated by the server itself. Try downloading Installous after a brief period of time, say like 2 hours, to see if you socket gets dropped.

elie3 years, 7 months ago

Hey when i put that link in cydia “http://cydia.hackulo.us…..its starts loading and then it goes back to the iphone home page…and when i re-enter cydia to continue the steps….it kick me out and return to the iphone home page….what shall i do….plz help

RiezGurl3 years, 8 months ago

Hello,

I am having trouble during install the Installous 4. I kept getting error message saying POXIS : Socket not connected.

I already jailbreak my iphone 4 but there is a message on top of the cydia screen saying “The Device is in the Pending TSS queue”

I already http://cydia.hackulo.us add in the sources and installed the AppSync for 4.0.

Appreciate your help on this. Thanks a lot!

POXIS: Socket not connected occurs if your internet or Wifi goes down while Cydia is downloading the DEB file.
      The Device is in the Pending TSS queue is not an error. It means request to save your SHSH blobs on Cydia has been received and you can soon see all of your SHSH blobs on Cydia homepage!

Jayel3 years, 9 months ago

When ever i try to add installous to cydia, using http://cydia.hackulo.us, i will be directed to a error: refreshing data… the method driver/usr/lib/methods/http could not be found… is there a solution?? so that i can install installous???

Thank you, much appreciated.

yacine3 years, 9 months ago

Hi i installed already Installous 4 but when i wanna install application they ask me to sign to apple store or i have to open un account with ehem.
    I mean i didnt find any thing free to install applications thanks

You are downloading apps from App Store. After installing Installous, you must use Installous to download and install apps. It will not ask for any username or password.

MArk3 years, 9 months ago

how to install the installous in iphone ps reply

Lol. Please read the instructions written in the post.

han3 years, 10 months ago

hey i tried to intall hackulo but it just says “error:refreshing data the method driver /usr/lib/methods/http could not be found” please help i really need installous

Anthony3 years, 10 months ago

i have trouble going to the download site in installous when i click a game and it start loading then the installous close automaic

Marka135793 years, 10 months ago

Thanx alot guys:) it works 100%:)

martin3 years, 11 months ago

the process is very slow first it shows me socket error not downloading but slow lets hope

KLP3 years, 11 months ago

hi, I’ve installed Installous 4 and AppSync for iOS 4.1
    when i tried to install apps, when i go to download page,
    I got this error “Permission Denied”,
    is there something wrong with my network?
    what shall i do? please reply me,
    thz :)

Srey Pich4 years ago

Can anyone help me? I have followed all the introduction but it takes years to download the installous? how can I redownload it?Pls help…

drakilox badr4 years ago

thx so ios 4.2.1b much hehehe

Elie4 years ago

i want ask a question my iphone is 3g 4.0 i want to retore it to software 3.1.3 can anybody help me plz?????

ShaNi Ax4 years ago

hi friends i hope you guys help me ……

i installed cydia with limera1n in iphone 4 (4.1) done….
    but i cnnot install instalouse in 4.1 y pls help me when i install i cnnot see on honme screen pls help me some one how i can download in iphone 4 (4.1)

Best Regard
    ShaNi Ax
    PkShare Network

farah4 years, 1 month ago

and one more thing,each time i’ll try to sync with itunes, i will delete all the apps,is there any way to prevent this?

Wolverine4 years, 1 month ago

Please follow the guidelines here.

farah4 years, 1 month ago

how to install ipa format into my ipod?

farah4 years, 1 month ago

because it didn’t showed up on the screen..is there any additional step that i missed?

Wolverine4 years, 1 month ago

Follow this guide to install IPA and DEB without SSH into your iPod

farah4 years, 1 month ago

i tried to download the apps through the installous but the apps didn’t appear. did i miss any step?

Wolverine4 years, 1 month ago

After download, you need to install the app. Go to “Downloads” section of Installous and click on the app to install it.

kenny4 years, 2 months ago

hey, me again =.=
    why i dowload app at instalous, always cant complete and automatically close instalous without a msg? Izzit need to install other program to run?

You must install AppSync 4.x.x as well. If its already installed, then the Installous must have not installed correctly.

kenny4 years, 2 months ago

Yes, i already installed AppSync 4.1
        If the Installous have not installed correctly, what should i do? Remove then reinstall?

Yes try re-installing it. I have my iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 jailbreaked with PwnageTool and i have no issues in using Installous =)

kenny4 years, 1 month ago

i already try to reinstall, the big size app cant dowload. always will disconnect. the bigger size i try is only 90mb, more than that already cant go on =.=

Wolverine4 years, 1 month ago

I don’t think there is any 90MB app that exist =D

kenny4 years, 1 month ago

i mean cant dowload a app size more than 90mb…
          sonic the hedgehog is 87.45mb…

kenny4 years, 2 months ago

I already added the source ‘http://cydia.hackulo.us/‘ but when i wana install “Installous” it shows (http://cydia.hackulo.us) (host unreachable) pls help!!!

Yup, the repo is down for maintenance. Try again later.

kenny4 years, 2 months ago

THANKS VERY MUCH… I just installed it successfully ^.^

S.J.Khoshdel3 years, 10 months ago

Add this source:http://sinfuliphonerepo.com/
      And then install installous or any other apps.

carter4 years, 5 months ago

it starts the download but then it says a bunch of stuff has timed out then eventually just stops