Inorder to backup your SHSH blobs using Firmware Umbrella, you need to know your ECID (Exclusive Chip ID) so that it can save your SHSH file locally either from Apple or Saurik server. For those who don't know what is ECID: Apple introduced new security feature in iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G/2G-MC which stops you from downgrading to previous firmware releases once new firmware update is released. Every time you downgrade your iDevice, iTunes generates unique signatures for your device by contacting Apple servers. Incase you have saved your SHSH blobs, you can easily trick iTunes to verify signatures from Saurik server instead of Apple servers by editing your Windows or Mac HOSTS file.
I will explain how you can grab ECID of your iPhone here. You can follow the same step-by-step guide to get ECID of your iPad and iPod Touch.
Guide To Grab ECID On Mac:
- Start your iPhone in Recovery Mode.
- Start iTunes and connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Turn of your iPhone completely and hold down home and power button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the power button but keep pressing the home button until your PC produces a beep sound or you see the following message on your computer screen:
- Thats it!. Now your iPhone screen will look like this:
Guide To Grab ECID On Windows:
- Start your iPhone in Recovery Mode (See the procedure in the above section)
- Download and run USBView application.
- Go to Options in menu and select Config Discriptors.
- Now from the File menu, select Refresh
- Select the Apple Recovery (iBoot) device from the USB Device Tree in the left panel then copy your ECID from the Descriptor fields on the right.
You may also like to read:
- How To Use Firmware Umbrella To Save SHSH Blobs?
- Backup Your iDevice SHSH Blobs By Using AutoSHSH Grabber RC2
- Key Points To Know About Spirit Jailbreak
- iPhone 4G Will Hit Stores On June 7 During WWDC?
[via iClarified]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback